Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

6 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

we have two known and two unknown variables here.

Lets start with MVP- He's a Hall of Fame running back who  is getting older, keeps himself in top shape and at worst will be 90% as good as he was last year. Guice? He's an unknown. Is he injury prone? He wasn't in college, but that isn't the NFL.  His style of running screams he wont last a season with the big boys, but we just don't know yet. Is he a fumbler? We just don't know yet. We know he did really well in College. I'm glad we have him, and not ticked off he starts although I would start MVP and then have a heavy dose of Guice. 

Doctson- we know he is a injury prone receiver who gets little separation, doesnt run precise routes and doesnt seem passionate about football. McLaurin, seems to be the exact opposite, but in injured, didnt play in preseason and has never played in an NFL game. Our Gruden offense is a tight end slot receiver arena league style offense. So the drop off may not be as big since we didnt throw alot to Doctson anyway. 

If I was coaching, I would start MVP and work in Guice and if he proves he can play use him also as out third down back and trade injury prone Thompson. Next year may be the time to go with Guice full time and release MVP and have Love as his backup. I really like Smallwood (although his name is just not appropriately descriptive of how I view myself, but who knows maybe the girls say its realiy accurate)  and he is the perfect compliment because he is a star on special teams and can play some running back. 

I agree with you about the RB situation. 

I wish people would understand two things:

1. In football players get injured

2. One major injury in a 3 year career doesn't make a player injury prone and 2 major injuries in 5 years doesn't make a player injury prone either. Neither Doctson or PRich have been as injury prone in their careers. Doctson has played 31 of the last 32 possible games he could have played. PRich battled injury last year but the previous two years he too played 31 of 32 regular season games in 2016 and 17.

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I wish people would understand two things:

1. In football players get injured

2. One major injury in a 3 year career doesn't make a player injury prone and 2 major injuries in 5 years doesn't make a player injury prone either. Neither Doctson or PRich have been as injury prone in their careers. Doctson has played 31 of the last 32 possible games he could have played. PRich battled injury last year but the previous two years he too played 31 of 32 regular season games in 2016 and 17.

Injuries are irrelevant when the player stinks

• Like 1

Nobody has made a gameday thread yet.

Per Roto:

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said CB Fabian Moreau (ankle) is "probably a long shot" to play in Week 1 against the Eagles.

Either Jimmy Moreland or Greg Stroman will start in place of Moreau. The Skins were already facing an uphill battle against Philly with Trent Williams (holdout) unavailable to block Case Keenum's blindside, but the team's outlook just went from bad to worse without Moreau's lengthy coverage against DeSean Jackson and Alshon Jeffery.

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Per Roto:

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said CB Fabian Moreau (ankle) is "probably a long shot" to play in Week 1 against the Eagles.

Either Jimmy Moreland or Greg Stroman will start in place of Moreau. The Skins were already facing an uphill battle against Philly with Trent Williams (holdout) unavailable to block Case Keenum's blindside, but the team's outlook just went from bad to worse without Moreau's lengthy coverage against DeSean Jackson and Alshon Jeffery.

Might as well throw the rook in.  Give him a chance to show what he can do against a solid slot WR in Nelson A.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Per Roto:

MORELAND!!!

• Like 2