Matt LaFleur

Golfman

Alternatively Entitled:

Confirmation Bias: A Thread

Of our second and longs (7+ yards) we ran 6/9 times (that's giving him the BOTD on QB scrambles as passes) for an average of 3.75 yards per carry. I get this is preseason, and that ratio probably changes up with Rodgers under center, but that's awful. 

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Alternatively Entitled:

Of our second and longs (7+ yards) we ran 6/9 times (that's giving him the BOTD on QB scrambles as passes) for an average of 3.75 yards per carry. I get this is preseason, and that ratio probably changes up with Rodgers under center, but that's awful. 

It's preseason, you have no idea what he wanted to see as far as evaluating talent. Not a fair comment. 

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Running to turn 2nd and 10 into 3rd and 8 is braindead.

Thinking that was the goal isn't exactly smart. It may have been the result, but not the intent when he called the play. 

Also, like I said, preseason is about talent evaluation and he may have had a lot different agenda going into that game than you did. 

22 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Alternatively Entitled:

Like you said, it’s preseason, who cares? It’s great to work on something no matter the the situation. 

15 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Thinking that was the goal isn't exactly smart. It may have been the result, but not the intent when he called the play. 

Also, like I said, preseason is about talent evaluation and he may have had a lot different agenda going into that game than you did. 

Which I would be a lot more likely to accept if he didn't have a bad history of doing the same thing in real games.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Which I would be a lot more likely to accept if he didn't have a bad history of doing the same thing in real games.

I would too if I had Marcus Mariotta as my QB. Again, regular season with Rodgers, that ain't happening at that rate. 

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

But the calculation changes if you never run the ball in that down and distance and the defense knows it.

There's a significant difference between never running the ball in that situation and what LaFleur does.

There's also a significant difference between lining up in 21 personnel with your QB under center, and running a draw out of the spread to take advantage of a defense reading pass.