Who would you rather have your team tank for Tua or Lawrence

Vladimir L

1 minute ago, Activated10 said:

His knees were broken so it's not surprises he struggled. That's his only concern his health. Healthy Tua is the most efficient QB in NCAAF. Broken Tua is what you get in Championship Games. 

When did he sustain this injury, how? Because this is honestly the first I'm hearing of it. Tua just looked lost out there, not hobbled in the NCG.

On 8/12/2019 at 3:22 PM, seminoles1 said:

But your only argument is that Alabama hasn't had a great QB before (ignoring the different coordinators and offenses they've run over the years) and stats vs. older QBs.

So if Jameis Winston went to Alabama, would Tua not be as good of a prospect?

You are arguing that Tua is a better prospect because Clemson had Deshaun Watson. How does that make sense?

No, I think he's suggesting that Tua carried his offense more, for what it's worth. 

I mean, Tua HAS opened up a generally conservative offense. 

I don't think it's a knock on Lawrence that he's played in a good offense. I guess we just won't get to see if he'd have similar results since he plays at Clemson. 

But it's kind of like how we saw Kyler at Oklahoma. He balled after Mayfield did. Did we get to see him take the offense to a whole new level? No, because it was already great. Not a knock on Kyler. Dude balled out. 

I think the comparison for Tua is more like what Dwayne Haskins did for the Ohio State offense (coaching aside), where we saw it do well enough to be competitive with JT Barrett, but the whole thing opened up once Haskins was under center. So we got to see them take it to a new level.

Not saying that TLaw or Kyler can't. I think both could open up those Bama / Ohio State playbooks to an even greater degree than Haskins or Tua could. 

I'd tank for Trevor.

35 minutes ago, Duoathome said:

No, I think he's suggesting that Tua carried his offense more, for what it's worth. 

I mean, Tua HAS opened up a generally conservative offense. 

I don't think it's a knock on Lawrence that he's played in a good offense. I guess we just won't get to see if he'd have similar results since he plays at Clemson. 

But it's kind of like how we saw Kyler at Oklahoma. He balled after Mayfield did. Did we get to see him take the offense to a whole new level? No, because it was already great. Not a knock on Kyler. Dude balled out. 

I think the comparison for Tua is more like what Dwayne Haskins did for the Ohio State offense (coaching aside), where we saw it do well enough to be competitive with JT Barrett, but the whole thing opened up once Haskins was under center. So we got to see them take it to a new level.

Not saying that TLaw or Kyler can't. I think both could open up those Bama / Ohio State playbooks to an even greater degree than Haskins or Tua could. 

I'd tank for Trevor.

You mean the offense that has had a RB and OT drafted in the first round, a TE drafted in the 2nd round, and another RB drafted in the 3rd round?
The offense that has consensus top 5 WR pick Jerry Jeudy coming back this season? The offense that had the 8th best starting field position amongst all Power 5 schools? The offense that a defense limit their opponents to 18.1 PPG? Don't tell me there isn't talent around Tua because that's a flat out lie.

8 minutes ago, Duoathome said:

Show me where I said there wasn't talent around him. 

I even made sure to show that in the comp I said. I compared Alabama's offense to Ohio State. Are you saying Ohio State's offense had no talent? I

If you need further proof that Lawrence elevated his offense, look at him compared to Kelly Bryant this season, It was night and day.

I'd say Lawerence is the better prospect but Tua is not that far behind. Tua is a better prospect than all of the QBs to come out since 2014 imo. As for where they'll end up, Tua to the Dolphins/Bengals and Lawerence Panthers/Lions(I dont believe Cam has much time left in Carolina with new ownership and all)

Neither.

Winston and Mariota were supposedly much better than Goff and Wentz - there's a take that didn't age well.

It's nearly impossible to evaluate how a college QB will translate to the NFL with any success.

Hell if not for Wentz having injury problems, I would have him as a better QB than Luck, who was God's gift to Quarterbacks there for a few years.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Neither.

Winston and Mariota were supposedly much better than Goff and Wentz - there's a take that didn't age well.

It's nearly impossible to evaluate how a college QB will translate to the NFL with any success.

Hell if not for Wentz having injury problems, I would have him as a better QB than Luck, who was God's gift to Quarterbacks there for a few years.

Yup.

Sort of like how the consensus right now is that 2018 QB class is a whole lot better than the 2019 QB class. It’s possible that Murray, Haskins, & Jones could end up good QBs(& in Murray’s case, I think he’ll be a superstar), while everyone in the 2018 class could end up being stagnant with the exception of Baker.

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

Neither.

Luck has injury concerns too shrug. Recency bias goes both ways in the NFL though. Carson has had a better passer rating in both of the last two seasons than Andrew Luck has ever had in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, ClutchDJ said:

Yup.

Sort of like how the consensus right now is that 2018 QB class is a whole lot better than the 2019 QB class. It’s possible that Murray, Haskins, & Jones could end up good QBs(& in Murray’s case, I think he’ll be a superstar), while everyone in the 2018 class could end up being stagnant with the exception of Baker.

The 2017 QB class was supposed to be weak but in the QB class from 2014 to 2018, Watson and Mahomes are the two best QB for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

The 2017 QB class was supposed to be weak but in the QB class from 2014 to 2018, Watson and Mahomes are the two best QB for me.

The real reason the class was probably viewed as weak is because most people foolishly decided to headline it with Trubisky, and assumed DeShaun Watson wouldn't transfer well to the NFL.