Keeper Question

Frankie2Gunz

I'm trying to trade some of my players, my roster is stacked and I won the championship last year.  

The league has expanded from an 8 team to a 10 team.  .5 PPR and if I can't deal any of players I want advice as to who I should keep.

Here is who I am considering.  Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, Deandre Hopkins, Todd Gurley, Dalvin Cook and Pat Mahomes.  

We have a D keeper too and have Danielle Hunter, LVE and Bobby Wagner.  

The only one I am surely keeping is Hopkins and I am 99 percent sure I am using my D keeper on Hunter.

If I cant deal anyone I am leaning towards keeping Hopkins, Thomas, Gurley and Hunter.  Thoughts?

On 8/12/2019 at 3:00 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hopkins and Julio although Thomas is very close. I'd keep all 3

I have no clue how to help on defense keepers, especially since there is no update on scoring

You would keep Julio over Thomas?  Julio is 31 and Thomas is 26.  I know his stats will fall off when Brees retires but that could be 2 more seasons and Julio will be pushing 34.  

I would not keep Julio over Gurley.  I feel his knee issue is vastly overblown.  

14 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You would keep Julio over Thomas?  Julio is 31 and Thomas is 26.  I know his stats will fall off when Brees retires but that could be 2 more seasons and Julio will be pushing 34.  

I would not keep Julio over Gurley.  I feel his knee issue is vastly overblown.  

Are there stipulations that you cant keep certain guys for so long? 

I didnt take into account longevity of the keeper system, thats my mistake. I do like Julio for this year and next at least. I do feel like Brees falls off quicker than Julio who had a phenomenal season whereas Brees wasn’t exactly slinging it like he used to but then again you’re talking Thomas vs Julio not Brees. They are so close that i can see the upside of keeping 2 ultra talented young WRs like Nuke and Thomas for 5 years+

45 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Are there stipulations that you cant keep certain guys for so long? 

I didnt take into account longevity of the keeper system, thats my mistake. I do like Julio for this year and next at least. I do feel like Brees falls off quicker than Julio who had a phenomenal season whereas Brees wasn’t exactly slinging it like he used to but then again you’re talking Thomas vs Julio not Brees. They are so close that i can see the upside of keeping 2 ultra talented young WRs like Nuke and Thomas for 5 years+

No stipulations, we can keep whoever we choose with no picks given up etc.  I think I'm keeping Nuk, Thomas and Gurley.  A few people I have spoken with think I should keep Mahomes but I dont think they understand QB depth and Mahomes is due for a regression.  I'm trying to trade players for picks and no one is off limits except maybe Nuk