Preseason Game #1: Bengals @ Chiefs

TheVillain112

Didn't watch.  I had some other stuff going on.

Heard Phillips had a nice game defensively, and was awful as a punt returner.  Alex Erickson locked up his spot with minimal PT.

Dalton looked sharp without Green, Mixon or Gio out there.

Malone and Tate had some moments.  May push Willis off the roster.  I'm getting a feeling they hang onto Core as a ST asset.

OL and LB are going to be a problem all year.  LB has a glimmer of hope if some of the young guys develop.  OL is only going to get worse as the season wears on and injuries pile on.

Can't wait to see what scrap heap OT they grab after the Colts preseason game.

23 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Tackling was a huge problem. I was hoping Germaine Pratt would look better than he did. 

Besides Vigil idk if we have a LB that isn't slow at processing at this point.

Also, I should give the OL some credit.  The first string OL did look good pass blocking for the most part, but their run blocking was atrocious.

Lastly, Malik Jefferson looks really bad...

6 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

If the linebackers don’t improve I think they should seriously look at moving Shawn Williams or Clayton Fedjelum to nickel linebacker. Both are sure tacklers and have the speed to cover 

Fej was carted off during the game, so i'm assuming he's out for a while.  So it'd have to be Williams.  And i doubt they make that move mid-season.  So they are what they are at this point.

3 hours ago, theJ said:

Fej was carted off during the game, so i'm assuming he's out for a while.  So it'd have to be Williams.  And i doubt they make that move mid-season.  So they are what they are at this point.

Fej looked like a normal sprained ankle (low ankle sprain).  I wouldn't think he'd be out that long.