South Pole Madness Mafia: N8 Sunday at 10 pm est Nacho wins

Pickle Rick

13 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I did that at a few times but they all chose to not kill.  They then (after the kills and multiple songs that gave them the message the kill must happen) they all locked in their moves for the rest of the game on no vote and no move.  

We did this in protest tbh

Ultimately I know the game didn't go quite the way you planned and Woz changed the scope drastically but you can't underpin our achievement. We eliminated all the players that were causing chaos and weren't willing to cooperate and ultimately worked together to ensure there would be no more killings playing towards the win condition we all had (which made us a bastard role, btw, since there was no indication on the role at all that the game doesn't end until we are among the last two).

It was amazing we were able to overcome the paranoia and come to that unity. None of us certainly knew for a fact there were no Darwinists, and there could've easily been someone left who was unsure or just wanting to kill people for the lols that could've undid us. But ultimately  we were put our faith in eachother, made the read that we were all not scum - and we ended up being correct. I don't think it takes anything away from your game; rather, we simply won it in a way you didn't intend.

Take away the deaths at the  hand of Dr. Pickle, we could've waitied the full 182 days if need be, but game mechanics outside of our knowledge or control ultimately got in the way of that (RNG kills, inconsistent number of story days passing per ingame day, etc). We eliminated all the scum in the game, period (except Dr Pickle who was protected by plot armor).

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I did that at a few times but they all chose to not kill.  They then (after the kills and multiple songs that gave them the message the kill must happen) they all locked in their moves for the rest of the game on no vote and no move.  

I retract my complaints

24 minutes ago, Dome said:

I think ending the game when we agreed to hunker down and wait for help would’ve been a more rewarding outcome than RNG modkills 

I honestly don’t even mind the RNG modkills

I mind that they all happened at once instead of 1 per night

The latter gives the opportunity to change behavior. Up to the point of the mass modkills there was no indication that non-kills were problematic 

10 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I honestly don’t even mind the RNG modkills

I mind that they all happened at once instead of 1 per night

The latter gives the opportunity to change behavior. Up to the point of the mass modkills there was no indication that non-kills were problematic 

Pickle tried but no one was playing ball.

• Like 2

thanks for the game, @Pickle Rick

this game made me feel stuff, which means it was well hosted

its a lot like the game of thrones. it was a little rushed toward the end, but i had a hell of a lot of fun trying to fight for what i thought was the point of the experiment.

kudos man.

i look forward to another of yours, because you always bring something creative to the table.

presign me up for slot 1 in your next saw game.

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 3

On 8/18/2019 at 11:24 PM, Pickle Rick said:

I am sorry that the game went kind of off the rails and in a different direction then it was intended due to someone posting their PM in a game that was designed to never reveal any of that info.  I hope you all at least enjoyed some stress free killing and arguing.  

If you're going to subtext me, at least have the courtesy to "at" me so I can apologize.

I apologize to everyone in the game for posting my full PM. Had I thought it through, I would have just posted the first couple of sentences. That said, I never wanted to play and wasn't pleased I was voluntold. Still, not an excuse for my actions.

• Like 1