wackywabbit

Ravens trade Kicker/Punter Kaare Vedvik to the Vikings for a 5th

Kicker/Punter?

can he really do both?

ive been waiting a long time for a guy like this to show up and change the face of special teams 

Just now, Dome said:

Kicker/Punter?

can he really do both?

On Thursday his 2 punts averaged 55.5 yards and 48 net yards. Plus 4/4 FGs (55 long) and 2/2 XP.

Was balling like this^ last preseason too. Just before the season, he got jumped in Baltimore and the Ravens IR'd him, otherwise he'd already have been traded last year.

1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

WHO'S GOING TO HOLD FOR FG's/XP's IF HE DOES BOTH?!?!?!?

Backup QB I presume.

Worked out great for Tony Romo

Not surprised. With teams always on the lookout for a reliable kicker and Vedvik behind one of the best in the league in Justin Tucker, one team was going to take a chance and get him. 

17 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Backup QB I presume.

Worked out great for Tony Romo

I would ALWAYS have the back-up QB be the holder, because it opens up so much more with regard for trick plays and such.

11 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

I would ALWAYS have the back-up QB be the holder, because it opens up so much more with regard for trick plays and such.

This was the case before, but since Tony Romo's fumble snap in the playoffs game in Seattle in 2006, the teams do not want to put their backup QB as a holder anymore.

Vikings get what will probably be a top 5 K for a 5th round pick, while the Ravens get a 5th round pick for a guy who had 0% chance of making the roster because we already have the best K and best P in the NFL on the roster.

Win/win for both teams.

23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Vikings get what will probably be a top 5 K for a 5th round pick, while the Ravens get a 5th round pick for a guy who had 0% chance of making the roster because we already have the best K and best P in the NFL on the roster.

Win/win for both teams.

A bit more risk on the Vikings side. But, if he's good and the Vikings have an answer (who's dirt cheap for 4 years) then they won't miss the pick.

34 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Win/win for both teams.

Good deal for both teams. But I wouldn't say the Ravens have the best K and P in the league. I don't even know who their punter is tbh.

14 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Good deal for both teams. But I wouldn't say the Ravens have the best K and P in the league. I don't even know who their punter is tbh.

Sam Koch. He is good, if he isn't the best he is up there. Does a lot of weird things with his kicks.