Ravens trade Kicker/Punter Kaare Vedvik to the Vikings for a 5th

wackywabbit

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Hekker, Colquitt, and Dickson are a better trio off the top of my head. Not saying Koch isn’t good though. 

How can you make such a claim when you didn’t even know who Koch was..

Koch is great. I’ve read articles stating he’s got an absurd amount of different type of punts. NFL Films even did a bit on him, covering many of these, during which they claim he’s changed the game of punting.

I wouldn’t take any punter over him.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Duluther said:

How can you make such a claim when you didn’t even know who Koch was..

Koch is great. I’ve read articles stating he’s got an absurd amount of different type of punts. NFL Films even did a bit on him, covering many of these, during which they claim he’s changed the game of punting.

I wouldn’t take any punter over him.

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/191948/sam-koch-has-changed-the-punting-game-and-almost-no-one-noticed

yup. i'm impressed lol i thought ravens fans would have only ever read that article/seen that special

• Like 2

On 8/11/2019 at 3:54 PM, Steelersfan43 said:

This was the case before, but since Tony Romo's fumble snap in the playoffs game in Seattle in 2006, the teams do not want to put their backup QB as a holder anymore.

... but Romo was the starter in that game ... ?

14 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

It amazes me that guys can't do both

Like when the Placekicker gets hurt and the punter isn't an option because he's never done it

Like never, not even kinda?

Completely different muscle mechanic

Kaare Vedvik practiced with the Vikings for the first time on Monday and reports from the session had him hitting field goals of 55 yards and longer with fans cheering on the makes. Vedvik isn’t just a placekicker, however, as he did the punting at Marshall for his final two seasons in college and only added kicking duties during his senior year. Vedvik was kicking with the Ravens before Sunday’s trade, but called himself “an athlete” capable of doing both.

Head coach Mike Zimmer said that Vedvik could do both jobs if he proved to be good enough, but suggested that wasn’t a likely outcome for the 2019 season.

Zimmer: “It’s probably difficult for a rookie, I would think. You’ve got a rookie snapper, and then you’d have a rookie kicker and rookie punter. Then you’d have to find somebody to hold.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/12/mike-zimmer-probably-difficult-for-kaare-vedvik-to-kick-and-punt/