An Example of Changes to Dak's Mechanics

BobbyBelt

All offseason you've heard folks chatter about Dak's improved mechanics, particularly in the lower half of his body.

But what does that really mean? What has been changed? How is it any different? How does it help?

Well here's an example of one change we can clearly see after one drive.

As you can see, Dak has stabilized what was arguably the most clunky aspect of his footwork: his back foot.

This change is especially important with Kitna's "ankle eye" teachings.

In addition to the lower body changes we see here, Dak has also adjusted his pump fake.

Dak rarely pumps from the pocket. He usually only uses the pump fake when he scrambles and is trying to move a defender before breaking the line of scrimmage. But whether scrambling or the rare uses in the pocket, Dak uses a full overhand pump.

But not this training camp...

Anyway, these are just a couple of small specifics for people who are curious what exactly has changed about Dak's mechanics now that he's working with Kitna.

• Like 6

I was not a fan of Linehan.

I like Kitna as a QB coach. He seems to specialize in one of Daks weaknesses. Footwork. 

Dak has a really good chance to shine this year. I'm not sure what to say if he doesn't come through.

Edited by DaBoys