Building hte Browns

mistakey

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

"it starts with these pads, cause we're gonna be the baddest mother***** to ever walk out that door, i promise you that" -- freddie kitchens

I love this coach

I think with the newer generation of athletes, coaches / executives need to relate.

What Bill Belichick does works because of his brilliant mind and Tom Brady. It’s why a lot of his disciples struggle.

According to Reggie Bush and other former players, Sean Payton used to be like belichick / Parcells. However, according to them, he’s pulled a 180.

Hell even Nick Saban admits he’s had to loosen up just simply for recruiting. I know it’s college, but the point remains the same.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I think with the newer generation of athletes, coaches / executives need to relate.

What Bill Belichick does works because of his brilliant mind and Tom Brady. It’s why a lot of his disciples struggle.

According to Reggie Bush and other former players, Sean Payton used to be like belichick / Parcells. However, according to them, he’s pulled a 180.

Hell even Nick Saban admits he’s had to loosen up just simply for recruiting. I know it’s college, but the point remains the same.

what, tom coughlin use to be the strict, no nonsense guy. Players said in '07, he started to relax and be more laid back.

It seems like Freddie is the best of both worlds. He is very laid back and will be buddy buddy with ya but if you mess up, he will rip your a new one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

what, tom coughlin use to be the strict, no nonsense guy. Players said in '07, he started to relax and be more laid back.

It seems like Freddie is the best of both worlds. He is very laid back and will be buddy buddy with ya but if you mess up, he will rip your a new one.

I haven’t seen the “ripping a new one”.  I’ve seen firm and with distinct limits, but he’s not out being an arse.

The “old school” way of doing things wasn’t really anything other than treating other people like garbage tbh.  Players nowadays have more power than they did then and, unsurprisingly, don’t care to be treated like 💩.

Freddie seems to run a tight ship and will not accept sloppiness, a lack of discipline, etc., but he still treats everyone fairly and with respect.

He’s refreshing AF imo.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I haven’t seen the “ripping a new one”.  I’ve seen firm and with distinct limits, but he’s not out being an arse.

The “old school” way of doing things wasn’t really anything other than treating other people like garbage tbh.  Players nowadays have more power than they did then and, unsurprisingly, don’t care to be treated like 💩.

Freddie seems to run a tight ship and will not accept sloppiness, a lack of discipline, etc., but he still treats everyone fairly and with respect.

He’s refreshing AF imo.

Well we prolly won’t see it but I think you could tell that he won’t hold back for at least todays standards when he needs to rip into a guy. I think we got a taste of it with Taki during the building the Browns. 

58 minutes ago, mistakey said:

this series is so great.  makes up for hard knocks.  and it actually talks about some players who are gonna make the team and less about crystals

Well building the Browns is for the Browns fans. Hardknocks is for the general football fan and need to get story lines ppl will follow. Like with the first episode of the raiders they follow the rookies riding horses in the vineyards, wtf I don’t want to see that stuff lol or like when Cincy was on they focused on Gio and his car or something