If Dak gets 5 years 185 million Mahomes should get 6 years 240

Kiwibrown

I don't think it's fair to say Dak's ceiling is Alex Smith.  He's about as good as Alex Smith is right now and still has room to grow and get better.  He just turned 26 years old.  That's still really young for a QB.

As far as paying Dak - they're going to have to.  You can't really let someone like that walk because it's really difficult to find a quality QB in this league.  The person they should probably let walk is honestly Zeke.  RB's take so much abuse in their careers and are easier to replace than a QB is.  Zeke is amazing, but they'll probably have to move on from him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't think it's fair to say Dak's ceiling is Alex Smith.  He's about as good as Alex Smith is right now and still has room to grow and get better.  He just turned 26 years old.  That's still really young for a QB.

As far as paying Dak - they're going to have to.  You can't really let someone like that walk because it's really difficult to find a quality QB in this league.  The person they should probably let walk is honestly Zeke.  RB's take so much abuse in their careers and are easier to replace than a QB is.  Zeke is amazing, but they'll probably have to move on from him.

The proof will be how does Dak perform sans a dominant running game.

• Like 2

Someone posted on Twitter that if Dak is the highest paid, Mahomes should get 50/year with controlling ownership in the franchise and I chuckled. 

The salaries are going to get higher of Dak signes for 36+ a year with Watson, Mahomes, Goff, Trubisky (not on the same level as the other 3 but he'll be eligible) , Luck coming up in a couple years also. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gmen said:

As a Browns fan, are you currently 

Jones can be so much more than a game manager. He has all the tools to be a top 10 quarterback in this league.

When? 

Along with established guys who have 3 years left, Roger's, wilson, luck, Wentz, goff, ryan, 

He is behind, Baker, darnold, Watson, mahomes, in terms of prospect and talent. 

In the next 2 years we have higher rated guys coming out, tua and lawrence. 

Jones is going to be fighting out in the ryan Tannehill range, is he a mid teir starter or a back up. He is competing with Dak, trubisky, Mariota Winston to be the 14th best qb. 

11 hours ago, Leader said:

The proof will be how does Dak perform sans a dominant running game.

In the 13 career games in which Dak has had that Zeke did not run for at least 75 yards (including Zeke's suspension) 

234/371 (63.1%) - 2457 Yards (189 YPG, 6.6 YPA) - 12 TD (3.23 TD%) - 12 INT (3.23 INT%) - 11.0 Dropbacks per sack
Passer Rating: 79.5

Games where Zeke has rushed for at least 75 yards
741/1104 (67.1%) - 8419 Yards (240 YPG, 7.6 YPA) - 55 TD (4.98 TD%) - 13 INT (1.18 INT%) - 15.5 Dropbacks per sack
Passer Rating: 101.5

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Das floor is extremely high, his ceiling is close to his floor level. 

Wentz has a ceiling of MVP and a floor of ir 

Dak's ceiling is basically what we saw the second half the ceiling last year, while his floor is what we saw the first half. Dak can be a good QB, but he can't be a good QB unless there's a good team around him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

In the 13 career games in which Dak has had that Zeke did not run for at least 75 yards (including Zeke's suspension) 

234/371 (63.1%) - 2457 Yards (189 YPG, 6.6 YPA) - 12 TD (3.23 TD%) - 12 INT (3.23 INT%) - 11.0 Dropbacks per sack
Passer Rating: 79.5

Games where Zeke has rushed for at least 75 yards
741/1104 (67.1%) - 8419 Yards (240 YPG, 7.6 YPA) - 55 TD (4.98 TD%) - 13 INT (1.18 INT%) - 15.5 Dropbacks per sack
Passer Rating: 101.5

Good stat breakdown. Not definitive, but certainly an indicator. "Word" is that its Zeke that makes things happen (in the overall). I dont think Dak is a bum - not in any stretch - just dont see him as elite and worth the top dollars being bandied about  - based on his production - and not at what point he's in line to get a new contract - which has become the norm. The given.

New contract? Well lets see what the last group signed for and put you on top of them simply because the NFL makes XYZ dollars and not because your playing indicates you merit the cash.

Edited by Leader

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Das floor is extremely high, his ceiling is close to his floor level. 

Wentz has a ceiling of MVP and a floor of ir 

I think Dak can be about as good as Russell Wilson in the future.  He has the potential to be that good.  Wentz is awesome, but the guy can't even stay healthy.  How useful is it to be a ceiling of an MVP of you can't play?

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

Dak's ceiling is basically what we saw the second half the ceiling last year, while his floor is what we saw the first half. Dak can be a good QB, but he can't be a good QB unless there's a good team around him.

You can't make that conclusion about Dak right now.  People literally said the same thing about Russell Wilson his first few years in the league.  "Wilson is surrounded by a Superbowl contending team, elite running game and the best defense in football"  That was true at the time.  Those years helped Wilson develop and not have as much pressure on him to be forced to carry a team when he wasn't ready.  I remember this vividly - so many people refused to give Wilson credit because of the elite team around him.

I agree about the Russell comments. People dismissed him constantly. Gave credit to everyone except him for those Super Bowl runs. He proved them wrong but it was there. Now I am not saying the same for Dak at all. I just don't think he is close to Russell but he is better than most give him credit for.

14 minutes ago, showtime said:

You can't make that conclusion about Dak right now.  People literally said the same thing about Russell Wilson his first few years in the league.  "Wilson is surrounded by a Superbowl contending team, elite running game and the best defense in football"  That was true at the time.  Those years helped Wilson develop and not have as much pressure on him to be forced to carry a team when he wasn't ready.  I remember this vividly - so many people refused to give Wilson credit because of the elite team around him.

It was the same thing when Roethlisberger was younger but we'll see if Dak will take the next step like Roethlisberger (32 TD in 2007) and Russell Wilson (34 TD in 2015) did in their 4th season.

Edited by Steelersfan43