If Dak gets 5 years 185 million Mahomes should get 6 years 240

Kiwibrown

28 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You could avoid that and go with Mariota - about as questionable on the field, but a really good person off the field.

I would say that the arm talent and ability to be a higher end QB is more likely for Winston to realize than Mariota, but if all you want is a game manager then I agree Mariota is the better choice.

4 hours ago, SkippyX said:

There was a classic slobber piece on CBS Sports Monday about how Dak has better stats across the board compared to Wentz.

This only works if you count totals instead of per game and it relies almost entirely on their rookie seasons..

Its like looking at Rodgers and Flacco in 08 and 09 and deciding they are both worth max contracts.*

One of them had more team success but the other had a season playing at an MVP level.

*Not a perfect comparison since Dak will never approach 11 TDs and 0 picks in a playoff run, but I think you get the idea.

Wentz 2018 -2019 vs Dak 2018 - 2019

• Passer Rating: 102.0 vs 91.9
  • Record 16-8(.667)  vs 19-13(.594)  1-1 (.500)
  • Yards per game passing:  265 vs 225
  • Yards per attempt: 7.6 vs 7.1
  • TD passes per game:  2.25 to 1.38
  • Interceptions:   14 in 24 (.583) vs 21 in 32 (.656)
  • TD to INT ratio:  3.86 to 1 vs 2.10 to 1
  • QBR numbers: 77.2 and 64.9 vs 69.5 and 58.6
  • Completion Percentage:  64.7  vs 65.4
  • Sack Percentage:  6.6% vs 8.0% (including an astronomical 9.6% in 2018)
  • How about 4th quarter comebacks (Wentz's weakness)?  Wentz has 3 in 24 games. Dak has 3 in 32 games.
  • But Dak runs you say?  16.3 yards per game vs 20.7 yards per game
    • Dak does actually score 6 rushing TDs a year so there is that
      • Unless you are named Cam Newton that almost never ages well on a QB

Dak had a perfect storm as a rookie of a fantastic running game and an incredible O-line in great health (the 5 lineman made 73 of 80 starts).

• Leary and Free left, Smith's back may never be 100% again, and Frederick had his GBS scare.

You pay 30+ to a QB who elevates their team, not to a QB who needs his team to elevate him.

The risks in paying Wentz are his health concerns. The risk in paying Dak is that he is not a very good QB.

Say what you want about Wentz being better than Dak ( I think it's close enough either way that it's not ridiculous to have either opinion ), but rookie year or not - discrediting 40% of Wentz's games (clearly his worst season) and 33% of Prescott's (clearly his best season) is disingenuous when you are talking about 3 year careers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Soggust said:

Say what you want about Wentz being better than Dak ( I think it's close enough either way that it's not ridiculous to have either opinion ), but rookie year or not - discrediting 40% of Wentz's games (clearly his worst season) and 33% of Prescott's (clearly his best season) is disingenuous when you are talking about 3 year careers.

QB Rookie years are hardly ever indicative of long term success or not. That much has become excruciatingly clear over the last decade. Natural progression. Meanwhile, Dak had a huge regression that lasted a season's span to where people were questioning if he should even be a starter in the league.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

QB Rookie years are hardly ever indicative of long term success or not. That much has become excruciatingly clear over the last decade. Natural progression. Meanwhile, Dak had a huge regression that lasted a season's span to where people were questioning if he should even be a starter in the league.

Carson Wentz can't even stay on the field and play games.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Carson Wentz can't even stay on the field and play games.

Yes and that's really the only knock people have on Wentz. Unless you're talking people who will just point to Foles without having any grasp of the context of the team.

God I can't wait for this season to start so I don't have to keep listening to the ignorant takes anymore.

Just now, Danger said:

Yes and that's really the only knock people have on Wentz. Unless you're talking people who will just point to Foles without having any grasp of the context of the team.

God I can't wait for this season to start so I don't have to keep listening to the ignorant takes anymore.

The only knock?  It's quite literally the BIGGEST knock a professional athlete can have.  What does it matter how great a player is if he cannot even play the game?  Obviously Foles was able to win a SB and during that stretch he played some God tier football.  Wentz hasn't even played in a playoff game... because he's hurt so much. 

21 hours ago, SkippyX said:

This only works if you count totals instead of per game and it relies almost entirely on their rookie seasons..

The only argument that Wentz has over Dak counts heavily the 10 game stretch where Dak had horrific pass catching options and the 5th worst pass blocking OL in the NFL. 

Literally any other time period Dak > or = Wentz. 

Edited by Matts4313

24 minutes ago, Danger said:

Unless Wentz underperforms again or gets hurt. Then you can look forward to another 12 months of "ignorant" takes. 

12 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Didn't you hear? Carson Wentz is like LaDanian Tomlinson.

He's overrated because he might get injured.

LaDainian Tomlinson has played 16 games in each of his first 9 seasons (except in 2004 with 15 games) ... His problem is that he was unlucky that he was injured at the worst possible time in the playoffs twice in his career

9 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

LaDainian Tomlinson has played 16 games in each of his first 9 seasons (except in 2004 with 15 games) ... His problem is that he was unlucky that he was injured at the worst possible time in the playoffs twice in his career

I know. It's an inside joke with a lot of the people on the forum.

Look up "LaDanian Tomlinson Overrated"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:
13 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

I know. It's an inside joke with a lot of the people on the forum.

Look up "LaDanian Tomlinson Overrated"

I understood. 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

This is still only true in the Eagles forum. Its a huge circle jerk to promote Wentz and discredit Dak. Its wrought with excuses to justify its validity.