If Dak gets 5 years 185 million Mahomes should get 6 years 240

Kiwibrown

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't know where that old thread is anymore. If anyone has a link, please share.

Only link I have saved is the $175k jobs thread...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=436198

Thank god webby stuck a warning that you're on the old FF on every single page. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell because the layout is so modern.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Danger said:

QB Rookie years are hardly ever indicative of long term success or not. That much has become excruciatingly clear over the last decade. Natural progression. Meanwhile, Dak had a huge regression that lasted a season's span to where people were questioning if he should even be a starter in the league.

I think it's also excruciatingly clear that a Sophmore slump is not uncommon. Especially when you consider he lost Zeke for 6 games (who the offense was built around). When you subtract the games that Zeke was gone, Dak had 17tds 6picks and 5rushing TDs. Maybe not world beating numbers, but certainly not the "huge regression" you are framing it as. 

If you want to exclude rookie years, I think it's much more accurate to just compare last year:

g61Gd6T.png

If you want to say Carson is a slightly better passer and Dak is a bit more mobile, I think that's fair. Regardless, it's a close argument and certainly not ridiculous to prefer one to the other.

• Like 1