If Dak gets 5 years 185 million Mahomes should get 6 years 240

Kiwibrown

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Obviously. But complaining about prices and wanting the employees, not the owner, to do something about it is adorably stupid.

Who complained about prices? I don't even attend games, at least not regularly. I'm not stupid, I know the owners aren't going to donate to the fans and the players aren't either. Billionaires and millionaires don't care about rising ticket prices (owners do for profit) but there probably should be some sort of fan representation with the league even if it doesn't have any power.Obviously all of us know more about what we want more than anyone else.

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

He wants more than Wentz and has a very credible argument as to why he deserves it. Our big mistake was not signing him first. 

Wentz got $32m with escalators that could bump him to $35m. 

That said, the alleged biggest knock is the structure of the deal. We want to extend 5 years (6 total) keeping his contract this year low. He wants a new 5 year deal. Or at least, thats one of the sticking points thats been rumored. 

The only arguement for Dak over Wentz is that Dak is healthier.  Is Dak even a top 15 QB?

7 minutes ago, Raves said:

The only arguement for Dak over Wentz is that Dak is healthier.  Is Dak even a top 15 QB?

I addressed this earlier. Did you not read it? Dak was great for 80% of his game and get pooped on. Wentz was absurdly good for 20% of the Eagles games and gets propped as the next coming of Brady.

Its unreal. 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I addressed this earlier. Did you not read it? Dak was great for 80% of his game and get pooped on. Wentz was absurdly good for 20% of the Eagles games and gets propped as the next coming of Brady.

Its unreal. 

Outside of their rookie years Wentz destroys Dak.  The only thing Dak has is being on the field.  More TDs, fewer INTs, better TD% and INT% as well, better QBR, Y/A, I mean what does Dak really have? Also how are you determining your 80% is in a great category while Wentz was 20% of this, what about his other games?  Also is absurdly good better or worse than great, I'm a little confused here, these arbitrary terms are hard to pin down.  I kinda feel like this:

nzu2igx.jpg

6 minutes ago, Raves said:

Outside of their rookie years Wentz destroys Dak.  The only thing Dak has is being on the field.  More TDs, fewer INTs, better TD% and INT% as well, better QBR, Y/A, I mean what does Dak really have? Also how are you determining your 80% is in a great category while Wentz was 20% of this, what about his other games?  Also is absurdly good better or worse than great, I'm a little confused here, these arbitrary terms are hard to pin down.  I kinda feel like this:

nzu2igx.jpg

Dak is better than Wentz in virtually all bulk stats for their career.

Dak is better than Wentz in virtually all efficiency stats for their career.

Dak has more wins, win percentage, division titles, playoff games. 

Dak has been a consistent 100 QB rating guy outside of a 10 game stretch where he was dog crap. 

Wentz is propped as a god based on a 9 game stretch where he threw 30 TDs. 

The perception here is completely warped based on Daks slump and Wentz going bananas.

Dak has been consistently as good or better than Wentz. Hell, even their past 11 games are almost exactly the same production. Except Wentz had more fumbles.

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

With how quickly Daks representation denied this to like 3 different news agencies... it seems highly unlikely Dak really wanted $40m. 

Which means I am sticking to what I said elsewhere. As long as his AAV is in the $27m range we should be fine. We can go slightly higher APY than Wentz and pull that off because Dak is owed $2m in 2019 compared to Wentz @$8.5m. That means we can mirror Wentz's cap hits but actually pay ~$1-2m/year more. 

Dak at $33m x 4 years = $132M

+ 2019 $2m

-------------------------

5 years at $134m = $26.8M/yr

$27m/190m cap = 14.2%

That appears to be more than Wentz at $32m/year, but its actually a bit cheaper. Wentz is 4 year @128 + 8.5m 2019 = $136.5 or 14.4% of cap. Additionally Wentz has another $12m in incentives he can earn, which I assume we would offer Dak. 

Wentz is way better than Dak. His only problem is health.

Wentz could be in the discussion for MPV and top 5 QB in the league.

Dak is somewhere around average and certainly not better than average.

Dak and Trubisky would be a better comparison. Not the same player but about the same caliber.

11 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Wentz is way better than Dak. His only problem is health.

Wentz could be in the discussion for MPV and top 5 QB in the league.

Dak is somewhere around average and certainly not better than average.

Dak and Trubisky would be a better comparison. Not the same player but about the same caliber.

Ive already laid out the facts if you want to verify why you are wrong. But I have a feeling you dont actually back up your opinions, otherwise you wouldnt say these absurd things. 

Edit:

EB0dr-5XYAE8i7Z.jpg

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Brady, Brees, Ben, Rodgers, Luck, Mahomes, Rivers, Wilson, Wentz, Goff, Matty, Cam, Stafford, Deshaun are all clearly better. That's 14. Then you got Dak, Kirk, and Jimmy G. So, let's say fringe top 15.

That's why I can't stand this "Next man up" contract mentality

I'd look at Cousins (28 million) JimmyG (27.5) Foles (25.5) Carr (25) Dalton (16.5) and offer Dak 28 Million

Until he proves otherwise, This is his peer group and this is where he lives

47 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Brady, Brees, Ben, Rodgers, Luck, Mahomes, Rivers, Wilson, Wentz, Goff, Matty, Cam, Stafford, Deshaun are all clearly better. That's 14. Then you got Dak, Kirk, and Jimmy G. So, let's say fringe top 15.

Wentz, Goff, Cam and Deshaun are all in his peer group. The rankings are interchangeable. He, like those guys, is fringe top 10 depending on what kind of QB you like. For example, if you want ones that actually play, you knock of Wentz and Jimmy. You want ones that can think independently, you knock off Goff. You want ones that are accurate, you remove Cam. You want lower turnovers you remove a lot of them.

Id be willing to bet Dak will be a 100 QB rating guy again this year.. which means he will be top 10. Just like he was the last 11 games of last year (post cooper).  

9 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

That's why I can't stand this "Next man up" contract mentality

I'd look at Cousins (28 million) JimmyG (27.5) Foles (25.5) Carr (25) Dalton (16.5) and offer Dak 28 Million

Until he proves otherwise, This is his peer group and this is where he lives

Hes already proved it by being a 100 QB rating guy in 41 of his 51 games including playoffs. The guy is the 3rd highest rated passer in the NFL since 2015 (according to Reddit).