If Dak gets 5 years 185 million Mahomes should get 6 years 240

Kiwibrown

What makes this even funnier is the Fact Daks agent is also Wentz's Agent. So there is no wiggle room for this Agent when fighting for "This Client"! Thank God the roles aren't reversed and Dak signed first!!! 🙏🙏🙏

Seriously what is he expected to say? Is he expected not to fight for more then what Wentz got? Not Ask for or the moon ($40M) but probably settle on the Star ($33M)? Pun intended!

I'd just love to be a Fly on the wall between the 3 parties involved. What's being said / sold to Dak by his Agent behind closed doors? What's being said to the Cowboys FO in comparison to Wentz's contract and how it applies to Dak's? What's truly being said in return by the Jones's in Hope's of lowering that price?  The fact it's the same exact Agent makes these negotiations even more entertaining to watch unfold. 

Popcorn Popped and fully ready for consumption!🍿🍿

Edited by Nabbs4u

13 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak is better than Wentz in virtually all efficiency stats for their career.

Eh, not close to “virtually all”. 

Dak’s ahead in some (CMP%, passer rating, INT%, Y/A) and Wentz is ahead in some (YPG, TD%, AY/A, SK%). 

People definitely live on Wentz’ 2017 run, but the efficiency stats aren’t a landslide in Prescott’s case either. And the only reason the bulk stats are that way is because the latter has been much more durable. On a per game basis, Wentz runs away with totals.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Ive already laid out the facts if you want to verify why you are wrong. But I have a feeling you dont actually back up your opinions, otherwise you wouldnt say these absurd things. 

Edit:

EB0dr-5XYAE8i7Z.jpg

Sometimes, for the contracts it's not what this player did but what the player will do on the field in the coming years .... I have more confidence to see Wentz take the next step that Prescott.

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

What makes this even funnier is the Fact Daks agent is also Wentz's Agent. So there is no wiggle room for this Agent when fighting for "This Client"! Thank God the roles aren't reversed and Dak signed first!!! 🙏🙏🙏

Seriously what is he expected to say? Is he expected not to fight for more then what Wentz got? Not Ask for or the moon ($40M) but probably settle on the Star ($33M)? Pun intended!

I'd just love to be a Fly on the wall between the 3 parties involved. What's being said / sold to Dak by his Agent behind closed doors? What's being said to the Cowboys FO in comparison to Wentz's contract and how it applies to Dak's? What's truly being said in return by the Jones's in Hope's of lowering that price?  The fact it's the same exact Agent makes these negotiations even more entertaining to watch unfold. 

Popcorn Popped and fully ready for consumption!🍿🍿

Just shows you which player the agent thinks is better....

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Dak’s ahead in some (CMP%, passer rating, INT%, Y/A) and Wentz is ahead in some (YPG, TD%, AY/A, SK%). 

People definitely live on Wentz’ 2017 run, but the efficiency stats aren’t a landslide in Prescott’s case either. And the only reason the bulk stats are that way is because the latter has been much more durable. On a per game basis, Wentz runs away with totals.

YPG is a bulk stat, not an efficiency one. Sack % has more to do with the OL though the QB is also responsible - which is directly tied to Daks OL being 5th worst at giving up sacks and pressures. Dak has a better AY/A and ANY/A along with YPC. 

So again, Dak is better in virtually all of them.

51 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Sometimes, for the contracts it's not what this player did but what the player will do on the field in the coming years .... I have more confidence to see Wentz take the next step that Prescott.

Sometimes, when people have no evidence that one player is better after *3 YEARS* in the league, they go to unsubstantiated opinions like "potential" and "ceiling". Then use blind statements like "I just think this player is going to take a better next step".

Both QBs are both going to be in the 100 QB Rating range and consistently compete for top 10, maybe top 5 recognition. 

You really have to be a Cowboys fan to think Prescott is anywhere equal to Wentz, if not taking into account injuries. 

Wentz is a QB who actually could be better and have a better career than Mahomes. He played at a MVP level two years ago and was real good last year.

I'm higher on him than Jared Goff but I would say it's close.

Louis Riddick who is one of the very best NFL analysts there is actually has Wentz as MVP of the league next year and I wouldn't be surprised at all.

There's like zero chance that Prescott is anywhere near Mahomes now or ever IMO. Prescott is in the Alex Smith tier of QBs if that makes sense and this is coming from someone who has a lot of respect for Alex Smith. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

You really have to be a Cowboys fan to think Prescott is anywhere equal to Wentz, if not taking into account injuries. 

Wentz is a QB who actually could be better and have a better career than Mahomes. He played at a MVP level two years ago and was real good last year.

He played amazing for 9 games in a 3 year career. 

IF you think he played well last year (he did), then you should also accept that Dak played well after cooper (same amount of games, same stats)

I'm higher on him than Jared Goff but I would say it's close.

Louis Riddick who is one of the very best NFL analysts there is actually has Wentz as MVP of the league next year and I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Wentz is trendy for sure.

There's like zero chance that Prescott is anywhere near Mahomes now or ever IMO. Prescott is in the Alex Smith tier of QBs if that makes sense and this is coming from someone who has a lot of respect for Alex Smith. 

Prescott is an efficient QB. And Alex Smith is a fair comp. Though I would say Brady is the ultimate example of efficient QBs. 

And a fair comp for Wentz is John Elway - an athletic guy who is highly overrated... not Mahommes. 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

He played amazing for 9 games in a 3 year career. 

IF you think he played well last year (he did), then you should also accept that Dak played well after cooper (same amount of games, same stats)

Wentz is trendy for sure.

Prescott is an efficient QB. And Alex Smith is a fair comp. Though I would say Brady is the ultimate example of efficient QBs. 

And a fair comp for Wentz is John Elway - an athletic guy who is highly overrated... not Mahommes. 

Just because a person is the ultimate example of something, doesn't mean another person can be compared to them.

Surprisingly, Andy Dalton is a pretty good comparison for Prescott through their first 3 years.  Dalton threw more TDs but also threw more INTs.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Dak+Prescott&player_id1_select=Dak+Prescott&fromyear_1=2016&toyear_1=2018&player_id1=PresDa01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Andy+Dalton&player_id2_select=Andy+Dalton&fromyear_2=2011&toyear_2=2013&player_id2=DaltAn00&idx=players#totals::none

So are you really wanting to pay that much money to a better Andy Dalton?

31 minutes ago, Raves said:

Just because a person is the ultimate example of something, doesn't mean another person can be compared to them.

Surprisingly, Andy Dalton is a pretty good comparison for Prescott through their first 3 years.  Dalton threw more TDs but also threw more INTs.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Dak+Prescott&player_id1_select=Dak+Prescott&fromyear_1=2016&toyear_1=2018&player_id1=PresDa01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Andy+Dalton&player_id2_select=Andy+Dalton&fromyear_2=2011&toyear_2=2013&player_id2=DaltAn00&idx=players#totals::none

So are you really wanting to pay that much money to a better Andy Dalton?

Lets play this game. Here is Dak compared to Brady, Manning, Brees, Rivers, Palmer and Wentz. How shocked are you to see..... HE IS BETTER THAN ALL THEM TOO?

I tried to stick with QBs in the "passing Era"

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Dak+Prescott&player_id1_select=Dak+Prescott&player_id1=PresDa01&fromyear_1=2016&toyear_1=2018&player_id2_hint=Tom+Brady&player_id2_select=Tom+Brady&player_id2=BradTo00&fromyear_2=2000&toyear_2=2003&player_id3_hint=Peyton+Manning&player_id3_select=Peyton+Manning&player_id3=MannPe00&fromyear_3=1998&toyear_3=2000&player_id4_hint=Carson+Wentz&player_id4_select=Carson+Wentz&player_id4=WentCa00&fromyear_4=2016&toyear_4=2018&player_id5_hint=Philip+Rivers&player_id5_select=Philip+Rivers&player_id5=RivePh00&fromyear_5=2004&toyear_5=2007&player_id6_hint=Drew+Brees&player_id6_select=Drew+Brees&player_id6=BreeDr00&fromyear_6=2001&toyear_6=2004

Here are some more: Dak is comprable to the first 48 games of Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Rodgers, Luck, Wilson. Only Aarod pulls away though Russel Wilson has a slight lead too.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Dak+Prescott&player_id1_select=Dak+Prescott&player_id1=PresDa01&fromyear_1=2016&toyear_1=2018&player_id2_hint=Matt+Ryan&player_id2_select=Matt+Ryan&player_id2=RyanMa00&fromyear_2=2008&toyear_2=2010&player_id3_hint=Aaron+Rodgers&player_id3_select=Aaron+Rodgers&player_id3=RodgAa00&fromyear_3=2008&toyear_3=2010&player_id4_hint=Ben+Roethlisberger&player_id4_select=Ben+Roethlisberger&player_id4=RoetBe00&fromyear_4=2004&toyear_4=2006&player_id5_hint=Russell+Wilson&player_id5_select=Russell+Wilson&player_id5=WilsRu00&fromyear_5=2012&toyear_5=2014&player_id6_hint=Andrew+Luck&player_id6_select=Andrew+Luck&player_id6=LuckAn00&fromyear_6=2012&toyear_6=2014

13 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Lol

If you wanna reference durability, then fine. I won't argue that. But when all these guys are healthy, it's not even close.

Yea it is. Show me the stats that say different.

Except Wentz has been good for the entirety of the past 2 seasons, and the only time he wasn't good was when he was both a Rookie and had one of the worst supporting casts in the NFL? It's almost like it's natural progression.

Dak has shown that he is mostly a product of the talent around him. If there's a great team around him he can play good, however a couple of key injuries and he becomes a massive liability. 

3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

You may as well throw out the Rookie seasons because we've seen time and time again that they mean next to nothing.

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Lets play this game. Here is Dak compared to Brady, Manning, Brees, Rivers, Palmer and Wentz. How shocked are you to see..... HE IS BETTER THAN ALL THEM TOO?

I tried to stick with QBs in the "passing Era"

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Dak+Prescott&player_id1_select=Dak+Prescott&player_id1=PresDa01&fromyear_1=2016&toyear_1=2018&player_id2_hint=Tom+Brady&player_id2_select=Tom+Brady&player_id2=BradTo00&fromyear_2=2000&toyear_2=2003&player_id3_hint=Peyton+Manning&player_id3_select=Peyton+Manning&player_id3=MannPe00&fromyear_3=1998&toyear_3=2000&player_id4_hint=Carson+Wentz&player_id4_select=Carson+Wentz&player_id4=WentCa00&fromyear_4=2016&toyear_4=2018&player_id5_hint=Philip+Rivers&player_id5_select=Philip+Rivers&player_id5=RivePh00&fromyear_5=2004&toyear_5=2007&player_id6_hint=Drew+Brees&player_id6_select=Drew+Brees&player_id6=BreeDr00&fromyear_6=2001&toyear_6=2004

Here are some more: Dak is comprable to the first 48 games of Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Rodgers, Luck, Wilson. Only Aarod pulls away though Russel Wilson has a slight lead too.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Dak+Prescott&player_id1_select=Dak+Prescott&player_id1=PresDa01&fromyear_1=2016&toyear_1=2018&player_id2_hint=Matt+Ryan&player_id2_select=Matt+Ryan&player_id2=RyanMa00&fromyear_2=2008&toyear_2=2010&player_id3_hint=Aaron+Rodgers&player_id3_select=Aaron+Rodgers&player_id3=RodgAa00&fromyear_3=2008&toyear_3=2010&player_id4_hint=Ben+Roethlisberger&player_id4_select=Ben+Roethlisberger&player_id4=RoetBe00&fromyear_4=2004&toyear_4=2006&player_id5_hint=Russell+Wilson&player_id5_select=Russell+Wilson&player_id5=WilsRu00&fromyear_5=2012&toyear_5=2014&player_id6_hint=Andrew+Luck&player_id6_select=Andrew+Luck&player_id6=LuckAn00&fromyear_6=2012&toyear_6=2014

Yea it is. Show me the stats that say different.

This just proves it.  Dak is the GOAT, get that man 1 billion/yr

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

You may as well throw out the Rookie seasons because we've seen time and time again that they mean next to nothing.

Definitly. I wouldn't give much weight to their rookie seasons when assessing how good they are right now and how good they project to be.

Wentz way better than Prescott for me.