Green Bay @ Ravens "Still Gotta Shot Bowl"

Leader

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman:  I think Green Bay’s best formation offensively in 2019 will feature Adams, MVS, Graham, Tonyan, and Jones. Second best will be the same but sub Vitale for Tonyan.

Aaron Nagler:  Give me Vitale for Graham, but agree that this is how it most likely unfolds.

Andy Herman:  Yeah I’m totally with you on both. I had it typed out actually but just don’t see Graham not being a big part of the offense.

Aaron Nagler:  Exactly. Gotta make it work.

We've gone full retard if Tonyan and Vitale are 2 of our top 5 offensive guys.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I do not think that is what either of the bloggers were saying but with having them on the field may make the unit better and both seem to note it may be a great formation to win from. Suggesting that either are the best players is wrong, but also suggesting that having only the preceived best players on the field at all times does not guarantee wins either. Just my take, Tonyan has all the tools.

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Dude... point taken football-wise, but didn’t you take someone to task for that particular pejorative a while back? I am not one to delight in taking offense when none is intended, but, as someone who works with students with all kinds of disabilities that word always gives me a twinge. I feel like I am lecturing and I don’t mean to be. 

To your football point, I get the Vitale thing. Your point about fullbacks always being not great runners and not great receivers so it’s not that great to have them on the field made me laugh and made me think.

But Tonyan might be a very nice player to have on the field.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Kizer needs to call in sick. Him and his 333MHz processor may actually get killed if he plays

Yeah to be honest I would prefer to see Boyle first over Kizer that is give me AR first.

Edited by PACKRULE
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

I do not think that is what either of the bloggers were saying but with having them on the field may make the unit better and both seem to note it may be a great formation to win from. Suggesting that either are the best players is wrong, but also suggesting that having only the preceived best players on the field at all times does not guarantee wins either. Just my take, Tonyan has all the tools.

agreed. On a basketball team, your top 5 individual players might all be PGs, but the 5 of them together on the floor probably suck as a team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman:  I think Green Bay’s best formation offensively in 2019 will feature Adams, MVS, Graham, Tonyan, and Jones. Second best will be the same but sub Vitale for Tonyan.

Aaron Nagler:  Give me Vitale for Graham, but agree that this is how it most likely unfolds.

Andy Herman:  Yeah I’m totally with you on both. I had it typed out actually but just don’t see Graham not being a big part of the offense.

24 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Vitale for Graham

tenor.gif?itemid=9684558

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Kizer needs to call in sick. Him and his 333MHz processor may actually get killed if he plays

That bootleg vid from practice tho

Was I dreaming or did a coach scream “Throw the ball!” while Kizer was rolling right watching the window close on the receiver in the endzone? I think a RB made a crazy play for a TD though.

Fifteen Incog points for the 1990s computer reference  

48 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

agreed. On a basketball team, your top 5 individual players might all be PGs, but the 5 of them together on the floor probably suck as a team.

but it's a football team.  Way more flexibility to play your most talented guys.  Plenty of schemes that work with 1 TE or 2 TE or 1 RB or 2 RB or 2 WR or 3 WR or 4WR

so the analogy just doesn't work.

Edited by skibrett15

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:
8 hours ago, Leader said:

Best formation  does not mean the best 5 offensive guys.  

• Like 1