Green Bay @ Ravens "Still Gotta Shot Bowl"

Leader

1 minute ago, Donzo said:

How is this consistent with his behavior/attitude?

I've always know him to be a hard worker who appreciates and even enjoys practice.

You're talking to a guy who keeps the "Packers are doomed" thread in the bears forum alive with endless Florio type ****. We can't probably just let this go lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

It’s conjecture of course, I don’t really know how his back feels or if he is using it to send a message to his coach. 

But it is consistent with his behavior/attitude and a reasonable suspicion given circumstances.  

He's faked injuries before?

3 hours ago, cannondale said:

Because nothing about basketball is natural to him. Everything we instinctively learned while playing as a kid for hours in the driveway he is trying to learn Arthur Murray style. It's why he gets rejected by the rim even though he's 7'-1". He hits the occasional 3 because you can teach a monkey to shoot a spot up 3 with enough reps. Kizer doesn't look natural to me. He looks like he's counting his steps in his drop back. All the basics that look natural to most, looks like he is still trying to master. Took the checkdowns last night for the most part to avoid having to process any type of information. His one attempt at a scramble he looked slow and stiff. Nothing about his game looks like a QB to me. 

As someone living in Philly, please tell this to Ben Simmons. 

24 minutes ago, Donzo said:

How is this consistent with his behavior/attitude?

I've always know him to be a hard worker who appreciates and even enjoys practice.

I already explained and it wasn't practice it was a pre-season game.

He hasn't played in a preseason game in a long time, no?  

How does he express his displeasure with the coaches decisions?  He makes little comments in media or in this case he decided to sit the pre season game with a sore back.

It's how he sends a message to coach.  

He will play a game with a broken leg, not saying he fakes injuries to get out of practice or games.  He is a tough dude.  I am saying it appears from collective evidence as if he plays petty games and then gets upset when people notice.  

3 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Thoughts about the game after sleeping on it:

(1) If this team doesn't learn how to tackle, it will never be better than 8-8. Tackling is a fundamental part of the game. You gotta be able to do it. I'll forgive Summers for now, because he's only a rookie and a non-starter, but next year he has to tackle, or he's gone. Tramon Williams is the worst offender. I can't remember the last time he actually successfully tackled somebody. He should be cut to make a statement and his position given to Tony Brown.

If I cut Tramon, it's not to make a statement. It's because Tony makes him expendable. Cutting someone to make a statement only makes the statement that you're an idiot. 

Edited by HyponGrey
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Norm said:

You're talking to a guy who keeps the "Packers are doomed" thread in the bears forum alive with endless Florio type ****. We can't probably just let this go lol

Hey Man that isn't the only thread! Have you seen the 4 or 5 Haha threads where they are trying to talk themselves into believing hes an upgrade over Amos. 

Just a question. Who is to blame for the shi**y running game with our first team?

1. The OL not creating blocking lanes? Historically I thought in this type of offensive system, as long you have a good OL the RBs were supposed to be plug and play. 1st rounder/undrafted - doesn't matter.

2. or is it Carson's incompetence? the 1.5 average is abysmal. He really ought to be cut after that showing.

3. or is it a combination of both?

I am concerned because LaFleur entire offensive philosophy is based on establishing the run to open up the passing game. If we cannot do that then we've got serious problems.

Edited by Chili

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I already explained and it wasn't practice it was a pre-season game.

He hasn't played in a preseason game in a long time, no?  

How does he express his displeasure with the coaches decisions?  He makes little comments in media or in this case he decided to sit the pre season game with a sore back.

It's how he sends a message to coach.  

He will play a game with a broken leg, not saying he fakes injuries to get out of practice or games.  He is a tough dude.  I am saying it appears from collective evidence as if he plays petty games and then gets upset when people notice.  

Sorry @Norm, I got one reply in me.

OK, dll200, I understand... You got a permanent case of Rodgers butt hurt. He devastated the Bears for a Decade and stole a Bear Super Bowl and gave it to the Packers. How awful for you.

Here's a video that'll make you feel better:

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

They haven't been good at tackling for a while.  I suppose it doesn't help when you can't/don't practice it during the week (isn't there a provision in the CBA prohibiting live tackling in TC?).  Like any other skill one needs to practice/rehearse something to be proficient at it.  

Dolphins don't tackle, but they also use VR tackle simulations 

3 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

they also use VR tackle simulations 

You got me there- what are VR tackle simulations?... I'm guessing some virtual reality thing.

And, there's no way you're telling us it's better than tacking big doughnut/U shaped rubber things.

1 minute ago, Donzo said:

You got me there- what are VR tackle simulations?... I'm guessing some virtual reality thing.

And, there's no way you're telling us it's better than tacking big doughnut/U shaped rubber things.

Yep.

Nope, just a declarative sentance.