Green Bay @ Ravens "Still Gotta Shot Bowl"

Leader

37 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I already explained and it wasn't practice it was a pre-season game.

He hasn't played in a preseason game in a long time, no?  

How does he express his displeasure with the coaches decisions?  He makes little comments in media or in this case he decided to sit the pre season game with a sore back.

It's how he sends a message to coach.  

He will play a game with a broken leg, not saying he fakes injuries to get out of practice or games.  He is a tough dude.  I am saying it appears from collective evidence as if he plays petty games and then gets upset when people notice.  

Get the hell out of this forum. How is this **** not bannable?

Don't talk to him and he'll leave. I've seen his posts in their forum. He's worth nobody's time

Attention seeker losers seek attention.. Don't give them any and it remedies itself.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

Rodgers sits out a meaningless game because of back tightness. Clearly a power move on his part. Lol. Bears (and Vikings previous year) finally win the division and their fans are still desperately trying to prove to big brother Green Bay just how equally they measure up. It’s hilariously pathetic at this point. 

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Don't talk to him and he'll leave. I've seen his posts in their forum. He's worth nobody's time

Attention seeker losers seek attention.. Don't give them any and it remedies itself.

I can't believe we're actually talking about Bears fans. Like, not even the Bears. What happened to this place? Tell the dude to go choke on a slice, then carry on without acknowledging his existence. 

• Like 1

Just rewatching the first team offence again.

The during the first offensive series. One running play was blown for a TFL and that's was due to Graham failing to sustain his block. In that same play Lane Taylor gets thrown to the ground as he pushed too hard. The defender simply used that forward momentum against Taylor.

The next play Taylor get driven back right to the QB but Kizer kept his poise and threw the ball quickly to Geronimo.

The second running play was another TFL and this time it appears Geronimo did not sustain his block long enough before moving up to the 2nd level. The linebacker he was blocking ended up taking down Carson. Bakhtiari had no idea what he was doing on that play either.

The third running play was right up the gut. The interior guys got good push but Carson looked a little slow hitting the hole and got maybe at most 2 yard again but was helped over by the OL for another 2 yards or so.

The drive ends on 4th and 4 with an inaccurate pass to Adams. Carson picked up a blitzer and the OL mainly held up well.

After a long Ravens drive the Packers are finally back on the field with 1 minute of the 1st quarter remaining. Jenkins is in for Taylor. Willams is in for Carson.

First play was quick pass. The corner covering Kumerow left him all alone as he went to blitz Kizer. Kumerow was wide open and so it was an easy throw and catch.

Next play was a pass again. approx 5 step drop from Kizer and throw to Kumerow who did well to find separation and catching the ball before going out of bounds.

The tv coverage missed the 1st down play but nothing happened as it was 2nd and 10. I assume this was a failed rushing play.

Next was an attempted deep pass to Anime on the right sideline. Wasn't catchable.

3rd and 10. Obvious passing play. RB did well to pick up the blitz and Kizer make a solid throw over the middle to Geronimo.

1st and 10. Passing play. Kizer got flushed out of pocket but Judon comes from right tackle to left tackle to sack Kizer. I don't think anybody did anything wrong on that play. Judon just made an excellent play. Whether Kizer had any passing options I don't know...can't see on replay.

2nd and 13. Pitch to the right to RB. No obvious openings. Bulaga did not sustain his block leaving Williams unable to cut back into the hole if there was one. Geronimo's blocking wasn't so clean either and I think that caused Williams to continue running outside instead of cutting inside. Tackle for loss.

3rd and 18. obviously had to pass it but play selection leaves alot to be desired. Graham on the right boundary and Kiser throws up to him but it is overthrown. Graham was never going to run up the boundary quickly enough for that type of throw. Not sure what's going on there.

That was the end of the first team offence for the night. It seems that the blocking needs to be better sustained for our the run game to develop. A more explosive RB should help improve it too. Carson sucks.

33 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I liked what I saw on a few plays when he was getting the piss blitzed out of him. He stood in there and found his guys.

That's a tough defense and he wasn't flustered. Moved around the pocket well to avoid pressure. Really liked that pass to Geronimo. Threw outside to Kumerow; granted that target was easy but the pass was on a rope enough that Humphries didn't have a chance to come back for it.

Edited by deathstar
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

It’s conjecture of course, I don’t really know how his back feels or if he is using it to send a message to his coach. 

But it is consistent with his behavior/attitude and a reasonable suspicion given circumstances.  

I mean, the competitor in Aaron Rodgers wouldn't sit in games where they were meaningless, why would this be any different?  No, it's probably the Packers erring on the side of caution.

Just watched it again.  Thought the Oline held up rather well.  Seems most of the failed runs were from TE/WR fails in blocking. Carson is not an NFL RB either.  None of our RBs showed enough quickness to bounce outside in the outside zone scheme.  We NEED Jones bad.  Kizer looked like Kizer.  Moved the ball a little, but always throws that one 'WTF' ball.  Luckily it wasn't intercepted.  He's going to be our back up, but he shouldn't be.  If we're going to keep both MVS and EQ then I think, in the spirit of developing, we should trade Trevor Davis to Baltimore for RB K Dixon.  Davis hasn't been able to stay healthy and can be replaced by Shepherd.  Dixon also has had an injury history, but we need help at RB badly.

Calm down a little on our defense.  The only thing I don't like is that we don't tackle at a playoff level.  We've faced two incredibly mobile (as in FAST) QBs and that's been the only thing done consistantly against us.  Cousins, Stafford and Tubinski can't move like Jackson. 

Our punter was awesome.  Crosby looks dialed in.  LaFleur looks pissed.  On to next week- eh?

2 hours ago, HyponGrey said:

If I cut Tramon, it's not to make a statement. It's because Tony makes him expendable. Cutting someone to make a statement only makes the statement that you're an idiot. 

Probably a poor choice of words, but there needs to be a turnover of players who won't tackle on this defense and Tramon, as much as I like his past contributions, is one of the poorest tacklers on the team right now. Can you remember the last time he came up and made a solid tackle that brought anyone down? It's usually the third or fourth Packer who brings down the ball carrier. And it usually means an extra 4 or 5 yards and often the first down. Pettine can scheme defenses all he wants to put players in the right position, but if they won't tackle this defense is going to be crap. I'm more than tired of watching T Williams play the turnstile out there. A defensive player who can't tackle is like a WR who can't catch.