SURVIVOR POOL 14 - SmittyBacall IS CHAMPION!!

Woz

3 hours ago, fluhartz said:

week 10: New Orleans 

16 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

okay.... bye 

So, I've got a bit of good news for you. Your original post was made at 1:02 PM. That means this is an illegal pick. So, technically, you haven't made a pick for this week. You are now playing with house money.

Did I sit on this note to jam you? Yes, yes I did. I felt it was the only fair thing to do. So, you are alive, but with very limited options.

24 minutes ago, Woz said:

Got some bad news for you. You do see that date, right? That's before MNF. It doesn't count (I did not waive the rule this week; you can thank @Whicker for that). Also, since it is less than five minutes before the start of that game, you cannot pick them now.

Wow, are you kidding me? What difference does it make?

8 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Wow, are you kidding me? What difference does it make?

From the rules (bolded, underlined, and offset in a separate color):

On 8/12/2019 at 3:19 PM, Woz said:

If you have posted a selection for a given week: Not until after the start of the last game of week. In those weeks where there are more than one MNF game, the last one matters. If you post a following week's pick before the official start of the last Monday Night Football game, YOUR PICK WILL NOT BE RECOGNIZED. This is because especially early in the competition some people may forget to enter a pick. It's easier to have those who are already through to wait until MNF before allowing their pick.

You previously wrote:

On 9/4/2019 at 8:42 AM, fluhartz said:

Favorite Team: Bengals

Week 1 pick: Baltimore 

I have read all of the rules and agree to them. The most important rule is "Watch your Edits"

So, no, I'm not kidding.

21 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

What difference does it make? What is the purpose of that rule?

Because it makes it easier for me to track who has finished a given week and who hasn't.

This is also not a new rule. I've done this for years. People have stumbled over it this year and caught themselves and re-issued the pick after MNF started.