Report - Dak Seeking 40m Per Year Deal

goldfishwars

Just now, Eagles $5$ said:

Well the Cowboys who know more about Dak then you and I seem to disagree with you... or he would have been paid by now. 

That doesn't even make sense.   So when Seattle didn't pay Russell Wilson all last off-season and during the season then stretched it all the way up until past the draft and when camp was about to start... they thought Wilson didn't deserve to get paid?  Wilson even set a deadline lol.  Doesn't mean they don't want him or they don't think he should get paid.  There's just some stalemate that's going on between both sides.

Do you not understand that?

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

That doesn't even make sense.   So when Seattle didn't pay Russell Wilson all last off-season and during the season then stretched it all the way up until past the draft and when camp was about to start... they thought Wilson didn't deserve to get paid?  Wilson even set a deadline lol.  Doesn't mean they don't want him or they don't think he should get paid.  There's just some stalemate that's going on between both sides.

Yeah it makes perfect sense. You just proved my point.  When Wilson set deadline he got paid?? Seattle knew he worth and paid him accordingly. He is a elite QB and got paid like it. Dak is asking for more then his value, and the Cowboys are not going to give that to him. He has not shown that he can be an elite QB like Wilson is. 

Well just have to see who is going to blink first.

Edited by Eagles $5$
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

The Cowboys believe he's a 30Mil AAV QB and offered him that contract.  I disagree, but considering the current QB market and expect cap increases, sure makes sense.  The Cowboys shouldn't budge on their number though.  Maybe offer some more guaranteed or change up the structure some as we don't know how that contract was actually broken down, but don't go higher than what they offered already as it means they are falling into the same hole as teams like Minnesota, Cincinnati, and Miami put themselves by overpaying an average QB because they felt they had to and the QB was next man up.  Sure Washington sucked even more without Cousins, but they were able to draft someone who has the talent to actually be an elite QB, though he'll need some time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, showtime said:

When was Kirk Cousins elite?  When he got paid his deal, everyone was like... damn that's a lot of money.  But he plays QB.  Dak deserves more money than someone like Cousins got.  He deserves as much money as Wentz got.  It doesn't even make sense to say that he doesn't.

I LOVE how everybody uses BAD contracts to justify giving Prescott another BAD contract.

Kirk was mistake, don't do it with Prescott too!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Yeah it makes perfect sense. You just proved my point.  When Wilson set deadline he got paid?? Seattle knew he worth and paid him accordingly. He is a elite QB and got paid like it. Dak is asking for more then his value, and the Cowboys are not going to give that to him. He has not shown that he can be an elite QB like Wilson is. 

Well just have to see who is going to blink first.

He set a deadline because they couldn't come to an agreement for a while.  It's perfectly natural for someone to ask for more than they're going to get paid.  This always happens.  It happened with Aaron Donald and the Rams.  They took so long to lock him up.  It's not because they didn't want to, it was because they were locked into a stalemate. 

18 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

I LOVE how everybody uses BAD contracts to justify giving Prescott another BAD contract.

Kirk was mistake, don't do it with Prescott too!

Cousins is about to turn 31, Dak just turned 26.  It's not about justifying it.... Cousins got paid.  Dak is much younger than Cousins is and should be paid more than him.  I would rather have Dak as my QB right now than have Cousins.

It's just like when Todd Gurley got paid.  It's natural for Zeke, Kamara, Barkley, etc ask for more.  QB's don't have to be elite to get paid a lot, we see it all the time.

16 minutes ago, showtime said:

Cousins is about to turn 31, Dak just turned 26.  It's not about justifying it.... Cousins got paid.  Dak is much younger than Cousins is and should be paid more than him.  I would rather have Dak as my QB right now than have Cousins.

It's just like when Todd Gurley got paid.  It's natural for Zeke, Kamara, Barkley, etc ask for more.  QB's don't have to be elite to get paid a lot, we see it all the time.

So Dak should be overpaid too? Not sure if this is the right thing to do to throw that much money at an average QB. All those QBs that got paid can't even make the playoffs because they take too much of the cap. Gurley got paid because he was the best RB in the league. Dak isn't even close to top 10.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I will make it easier. Show me a guy who was elite => sucked => elite again with the time being elite being the vast majority of the time over a significant amount of games. IE - no fitzpatrick was elite 2 weeks, sucked, then had 4 great games. 

You think Dak is/was an elite QB?

2 hours ago, showtime said:

A short sample of being elite... just like Derek Carr showed and never showed again.  Plus, you already brought up his injury history.  I'm just saying, if you're Dak and you see Carson Wentz get that money, you should expect somewhat similar money.

Derek is costing about 22 mil for the next 4 seasons and many fans felt he is overpaid and need to be traded. Many thought we’d be lucky to get an early 2nd. In the current chaos of qb pay he’s a bargain. Lol

PS I think it’s the agents getting into the qb’s ear. Also think there is an agent or two in this form. Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

You think Dak is/was an elite QB?

Dak was the #3 QB in 2016 in terms of efficiency. He received an MVP vote. That was elite, arguably top 3 rookie season ever. 

Dak post Cooper was top 10 (top 5 in some) in the following stats: QB Rating, Yards/Game, YPA, TDs, INTs, TD:INT ratio, Completion % and wins.

I would say that is borderline elite. 

4 hours ago, Raves said:

I still want to know when Dak was "elite"

Did you miss his rookie season? Or gloss over the last~13 games of the season?

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak was the #3 QB in 2016 in terms of efficiency. He received an MVP vote. That was elite, arguably top 3 rookie season ever. 

Dak post Cooper was top 10 (top 5 in some) in the following stats: QB Rating, Yards/Game, YPA, TDs, INTs, TD:INT ratio, Completion % and wins.

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:
4 hours ago, Raves said:

I still want to know when Dak was "elite"

Did you miss his rookie season? Or gloss over the last~13 games of the season?

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

And Matt Ryan and Cam Newton both have MVPs does that make them Elite and better than Drew Brees who doesn't have one?

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

And Matt Ryan and Cam Newton both have MVPs does that make them Elite and better than Drew Brees who doesn't have one?

WTF does this even mean? 

Ryan and Cam have had elite seasons. So has Brees. Brees has had more of them, that doesnt mean that Cam and Ryan havent had them. 

Dak was one of the most elite rookies in NFL history. Thats not a knock on other people who have also had really good rookie seasons. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

WTF does this even mean? 

Ryan and Cam have had elite seasons. So has Brees. Brees has had more of them, that doesnt mean that Cam and Ryan havent had them. 

Dak was one of the most elite rookies in NFL history. Thats not a knock on other people who have also had really good rookie seasons. 

So are Cam and Ryan elite?

4 minutes ago, Raves said:

So are Cam and Ryan elite?

Are you confusing  something? They have had elite seasons. They have potential to have more elite seasons. No they are consistently elite (maybe Ryan).

Dak was elite in 2016. Dak was borderline elite the end of last year - - He was top 10 pushing top 5. 

Im not saying Dak is an elite QB. Only the top ~5 are elite. I am saying he has had elite/borderline elite stretches of play.