Report - Dak Seeking 40m Per Year Deal

goldfishwars

52 minutes ago, showtime said:

Athletes get paid a lot (entertainers) because they help generate billions of dollars and have an extremely rare skill set. 

Doesn't matter if a QB is the most protected position, those guys still get hit.  Look at Carson Palmer and all the head shots he has taken.

I said that in my post... I was simply pointing out the flaws in your argument due to risk of injury and the obvious double standard.  IIRC the increase in pay I got when I was in Iraq was $225 a month and not having to pay taxes on my paycheck.  That was it.  Risk of injury is a bogus excuse, especially for QBs.  Also most of Palmers shots came before all of the rule changes that were in place by the time Wilson took his first snap.

So once again the "risk of injury" BS is just that, BS.  Now if you want to say it about a running back that gets ran into the ground like Zeke, or lineman, etc that are in collisions all game, that's a legit reason why players should be trying to force bigger paydays early.  A quarterback?  Because they are worried of getting hurt?  Nah that's ok.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raves said:

I said that in my post... I was simply pointing out the flaws in your argument due to risk of injury and the obvious double standard.  IIRC the increase in pay I got when I was in Iraq was $225 a month and not having to pay taxes on my paycheck.  That was it.  Risk of injury is a bogus excuse, especially for QBs.  Also most of Palmers shots came before all of the rule changes that were in place by the time Wilson took his first snap.

So once again the "risk of injury" BS is just that, BS.  Now if you want to say it about a running back that gets ran into the ground like Zeke, or lineman, etc that are in collisions all game, that's a legit reason why players should be trying to force bigger paydays early.  A quarterback?  Because they are worried of getting hurt?  Nah that's ok.

Look at RG3's injury.  He was looking like a very promising QB.  Guys get hurt, it's football.  I don't understand the point you're trying to make.  Dak Prescott isn't a QB like Tom Brady or Drew Brees, either.  He moves around, scrambles and runs with the football. 

Also, I don't get what the armed services has to do with any of this?  Did you generate $100+ million dollars in revenue while you were in Iraq?

To say QB's shouldn't worry about being hurt when we're currently looking at QB's like Carson Wentz, Deshaun Watson and Derek Carr - all who had GREAT seasons then got hurt and have not been able to duplicate another great season makes me really not understand what you're talking about.  QB's get hit.  I don't care what rules are in place, those guys take a beating too.  They constantly have 250-350 pound men running at them at full speed and hitting them with power.  ESPECIALLY QB's like Dak, who utilize running with the ball as part of their game.

12 hours ago, ACO said:

The Jones family doing all this leaking to stick it to the players but I hope they don't budge. D-Law played them too and they eventually folded and the same will happen here. None of them will break the bank but the shouldn't be short changed either.

This. I hope they keep messing around to where we see another Kirk Cousin 2.0 in Dallas. Even if Daks agent asked for 40M (extremely doubful) its Negotiating 101. 

You say 30 I say 40 we meet somewhere in the middle (33/35) where "We Both" appear to the Public as working with the other.

Only problem is , The whole Planet knows he's not worth 34M but that's the going rate. 

28 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Personally, I think Dak and Jerry Jones should swap bank accounts.

I am always in favor of more money going to NFL players, so that NFL owners have less of it.

Prior to the last CBA I would have agreed with this 100%. Now, the truth is, all the owners know exactly what they are going to spend each year. The salary cap is 188.2M per team and all teams must spend at least 85% of the cap or 160M. The league as a whole must spend 95% of the cap 5.7/6B. This works out to an average of 3.37m per player. Average guys aren't making 3.37m a season. Average guys are committing themselves 100% to get to the league hoping to latch on a few years and qualify for benefits because quite frankly, they don't have skillsets outside of playing football. These guys are putting their bodies on the line just as much as Dak but some of them are doing it for vet minimum of only 630K a year. Dak deserves 40m a season based on the revenue he brings into the league, but it's messed up that comes at the expense of everyone else on the team.

I truly am hoping for the players union to stand up this contract and force a contract more in line with their contributions. I'd be proud of them even if a players strike shortened the season.

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Only problem is , The whole Planet knows he's not worth 34M but that's the going rate. 

Well, this statement just doesn't make any sense. If that's the going rate, then that is what he is worth. That is just the supply/demand curve 

37 minutes ago, N4L said:
6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Well, this statement just doesn't make any sense. If that's the going rate, then that is what he is worth. That is just the supply/demand curve 

Just because you're the "Next Man Up", doesn't mean you're actually worth it. 

13 hours ago, The LBC said:

If I'm being honest, it's Tom Brady's fault.  That sounds petty, but when you stop and think about it, it's true.  Brady set an unrealistic benchmark of "taking less" (not like there haven't been ways found for him to recoup that money) for the benefit of the team, such that it now seems to be standard practice for fans to expect lesser quality QB's (and players in general) to do the same.

Taking less certainly hasn't hurt Brady in terms of his teams success

That extra few million is the difference from a replacement level player and a pro bowler at another position

36 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Taking less certainly hasn't hurt Brady in terms of his teams success

That extra few million is the difference from a replacement level player and a pro bowler at another position

Can we please stop making Brady look like some sort of Saint that was looking out for the best interest of the "Team" instead of his Wallet. The only reason Tom Brady was able to take less the past decade, is because he has a Wife who made even more money then him annually!!!! Anyone who thinks that's not really the deciding factor that allowed him to not fleece the Patriots, is fooling themselves. 

He is an outlier, an anomaly that will rarely ever occur again. Both on the field and most definitely off the field Financially with a spouse. Hell apparently Gisele "only" made $10M last year and now Tom coincidentally gets a new contract??  Yeah 👌😎

• Like 2