Report - Dak Seeking 40m Per Year Deal

goldfishwars

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Name me one other QB that has been top 5-10 statistically for 40+ games but had one specific 10 game period of terribleness. 

Once you can show me that its ever happened before, we can then argue the merits of if that player had a good career or not. 

Oh, the “find me a guy who [insert list of super specific parameters]” argument...

EDIT: And you say things like top-5/10 statistically, when Prescott hasn’t been top 10 in passing or TDs ever.

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Oh, the “find me a guy who [insert list of super specific parameters]” argument...

I will make it easier. Show me a guy who was elite => sucked => elite again with the time being elite being the vast majority of the time over a significant amount of games. IE - no fitzpatrick was elite 2 weeks, sucked, then had 4 great games. 

Edited by Matts4313

46 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Dak is definitely better then Wentz IMO... he deserves the $40m easy. IDK what Jerry is waiting for... pay that boy. 

That could be true.  In the postseason, Dak is actually able to play games and not be in street clothes on the bench.

34 minutes ago, Raves said:

I still want to know when Dak was "elite"

When was Kirk Cousins elite?  When he got paid his deal, everyone was like... damn that's a lot of money.  But he plays QB.  Dak deserves more money than someone like Cousins got.  He deserves as much money as Wentz got.  It doesn't even make sense to say that he doesn't.

32 minutes ago, showtime said:

When was Kirk Cousins elite?  When he got paid his deal, everyone was like... damn that's a lot of money.  But he plays QB.  Dak deserves more money than someone like Cousins got.  He deserves as much money as Wentz got.  It doesn't even make sense to say that he doesn't.

And everyone said it was an overpay for Cousins too.  Wentz at least showed glimpses of being able to be an elite QB, though obvious injuries would've kept me from paying him, I would've waiting till end of the season.  Just because Philly paid Wentz too soon and Minnesota overpaid Cousins, Cincinnati overpaid Dalton, etc doesn't mean the Cowboys should be dumb and do the same thing.  But it also doesn't mean Dak shouldn't try to maximize his money as well.

Just now, Raves said:

And everyone said it was an overpay for Cousins too.  Wentz at least showed glimpses of being able to be an elite QB, though obvious injuries would've kept me from paying him, I would've waiting till end of the season.

A short sample of being elite... just like Derek Carr showed and never showed again.  Plus, you already brought up his injury history.  I'm just saying, if you're Dak and you see Carson Wentz get that money, you should expect somewhat similar money.

Just now, showtime said:

A short sample of being elite... just like Derek Carr showed and never showed again.  Plus, you already brought up his injury history.  I'm just saying, if you're Dak and you see Carson Wentz get that money, you should expect somewhat similar money.

But they at least showed elite play.  I haven't seen that from Dak, so yes Dak should still try to get his, but the Cowboys should refuse to pay it and play out this year and then give him a deal at what he's worth when he realizes he's not getting the "next man up" payment, or tag him if he still doesn't want to take that deal but you can't find a replacement that summer.

36 minutes ago, showtime said:

That could be true.  In the postseason, Dak is actually able to play games and not be in street clothes on the bench.

Yeah... I just don't get why one of the best GM's in the league who actually won a SB 2 years ago is willing to give Wentz top paid guarantee money without hesitation, but Dak who is making $2m this year can't get a contract from his organization. Kind of weird when your own organization even has doubts about you.

But yeah Dak is the reason why the Cowboys are in the playoffs. Good one buddy. 

Edited by Eagles $5$
  • Like 1

Just now, Eagles $5$ said:

Yeah... I just don't get why one of the best GM's in the league who actually won a SB 2 years ago is willing to give Wentz top paid guarantee money, but Dak who is making $2m this year can't get a contract from his organization. Kind of weird when your own organization even has doubts about you.

But yeah Dak is the reason why the Cowboys are in the playoffs. Good one buddy. 

Wentz deserves the money he got.  Dak deserves that money as well.  I never said Dak is the reason the Cowboys are in the playoffs - they have a good team.  But he's one of the reasons they're there.  I just said he doesn't sit out games due to injury.

Just now, showtime said:

Wentz deserves the money he got.  Dak deserves that money as well.  I never said Dak is the reason the Cowboys are in the playoffs - they have a good team.  But he's one of the reasons they're there.  I just said he doesn't sit out games due to injury.

Well the Cowboys who know more about Dak then you and I seem to disagree with you... or he would have been paid by now. 

• Like 1