Report - Dak Seeking 40m Per Year Deal

goldfishwars

43 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Yep, in the running for most arrogant and uninformed fan base in the NFL. Believe me, I see/hear it often here in Sooner country. 

My Raider fan base loves living in the past glory and thinking everything is about us or making it about us. Like I just did in a Dak thread. Lol

wilson is better and more proven than Dak. Cousins contract is when next man up got out of hand and out of control. So if Dak gets between 28-35 so 31.5 that makes sense and probably will happen. (32) but 40 is no good for any team/QB. If it happens then draft a QB every other year to replace any vet after two seasons. Rinse and repeat.

• Like 2

you can make a ton of money and still have your team be able to afford better players around to protect you and prolong your high performing career, endorsements etc

if you rob your team;  the cupboard is empty, and you get to be the focus of locker room grudges for looking out for #1 while playing on a team

It he got $25 mil per year with incentives to a possible $35 mil per year,  I would be ok with that. 

sounds great

Edited by Ryan_W

I know this won't happen, but if I were the Cowboys Dak would be the last of the players I would pay. Cooper, Zeke, Smith, Martin, Frederick, Lawrence, Vander Esch, Jones and the other Smith are better than him.

I'm not saying Prescott is bad, he's above average, but paying an above average player at QB when you could have all-pros at 2 other positions isn't good team building. All the other big names on that list are either elite, or at least potentially elite players at their respective positions. If signing Prescott long term means losing 2 or more of those guys to FA, then you're essentially paying to make your team worse.

Dak is by far the least improvement on a replacement level player at his position, and costs by far the biggest contract. Let him go and surround a journeyman or rookie with All-Pro caliber players. Hell, trade him, some QB needy team might give you a kings ransom for him. Then use one of those extra firsts to draft a QB on a five year rookie contract to a stacked team.

It won't happen, and it would be a risk, but I think it makes sense.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 2:48 PM, Raves said:

Finally got to Prescott.  So where do we draw the line in ANY/A for Elite QBs?  And also although Wentz is on this list, I'll give you that one, Both Baker and Watson are on this list so would still be better than Prescott.

Outside of his Rookie year, Carson has an ANY/A of 7.17. Rookie years for QBs are BS. Meanwhile Dak's in that same timeframe is 6.05

Edited by Danger

To be fair, if the Boys are willing pay Jaylon Smith that type of cheddar for his play, Dak's camp isn't crazy to ask Jerrah and see if the FO blinks.

He's not worth even top 10 $ IMO, but DAL isn't exactly showing they are paying to actual value, but way above market value relative to performance.   Remember I've already posted that I think DAL is better off franchising him next year, and drafting the long-term replacement in 2020 for 2021+.   But you can't fault Dak's camp for taking a hard line given the $ they're throwing around to guys who've done it for a lot shorter time, and not anywhere to the payscale DAL is signing them to.

Edited by Broncofan

The talk about Prescott reminds me a lot of what what was said about Roethlisberger early in his career. A whole lot. Even more so than with Russell Wilson. It's a league where Kirk Cousins is making what? $27 million a year.

$40 million is obviously ridiculous. But the way people talk about this guy you'd think he was a bum. Teddy Bridgewater should be paid more? What the hell are you people smoking? I think there's still a lot of people on this site who thought little of the guy and who won't change their minds unless they have to. Thats not a passing offense. The talent hasn't been there to be one. But people act shocked when the passing numbers aren't setting fantasy leagues afire.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 10:50 PM, wwhickok said:

Seriously though I do think $40M is a bit rich. Wouldn't shock me if Jerry pays him though.

I sort of suspect an Ezekial Elliot trade in the near future.

I hope you're right on both accounts! 🙏🙏

However the 40M is being blown way out of proportion IMO. Its Negotiations 101. I go high 40 you went low 30, meet in the middle 34-35. You both appear to be conceding to the other.

If I say 34, guess what number we meet on next? 32!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I hope you're right on both accounts! 🙏🙏

However the 40M is being blown way out of proportion IMO. Its Negotiations 101. I go high 40 you went low 30, meet in the middle 34-35. You both appear to be conceding to the other.

If I say 34, guess what number we meet on next? 32!

Giving Will McClay multiple first picks in the early parts of the draft is a death wish for the NFC East my friend