Report - Dak Seeking 40m Per Year Deal

goldfishwars

Local guy here in TN made a great point. 

Tell Dak to take a deal you like or just let him play out his deal. Then franchise him or get a guy like Winston or Mariota ( if they don't light it up with their teams) since they could be possible free agents or someone like Tannehill. For $14-18 million. 

Cause honestly Dak is closer to those guys than he is to the big dog QBs. 

With the Cowboys running game and defense you don't need a $40 million QB. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Don´t blame him for trying to get as much money as possible, everyone should. 

Oh, I don't blame him at all for trying to get as much as he can.  But I think he's overplaying his hand.  If the Cowboys call his bluff there are a few current starters that haven't lived up to expectations that might be had for a lot cheaper contracts than 30+ mil and have the talent to be a lot better with what the Cowboys have and would be able to bring in with the extra money.

39 minutes ago, Leader said:

One thing seems fairly certain......
Sometime this year Zeke and Dak are gonna be in the same huddle and one of them's gonna be thinking: "You're the ******* that took my money" of the other :)

Wasn't this basically why the Raiders traded Mack?  Because they hit on two guys who would command big numbers too close together and decided they could only keep one, and that the QB is harder to find than the pass rusher?

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Right?

I’m seeking 40m a year too.  Not likely to get it, but I’m seeking it.

People knee slapping because someone aimed high in a contract negotiation....

What has people laughing about is that he was offered 30 million a year and he turned it down because he wants 40. He isn't a 30m a year player at this point in time, yet he wants to be the highest paid QB in the NFL??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Terrell pryor is a good example,  said no to 4 years 32 million, got 5 million to nearly out of the league

Yep. Happens in the NBA a lot too. Nerlens Noel turned down a 4 year, $70 million deal 2 years ago. He's now signed for the minimum 2 years in a row.

Dak needs to be careful. If he plays this out and continues his erratic play, then he's going to lose out on a lot of money. Unless of course Dallas is dumb enough to actually take this seriously.

18 minutes ago, N4L said:

What has people laughing about is that he was offered 30 million a year and he turned it down because he wants 40. He isn't a 30m a year player at this point in time, yet he wants to be the highest paid QB in the NFL??

Yeah, I’m guessing that 30 will still be waiting on him should he want it.

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Awkward...

While this is funny given the topic title and all that jazz, I'm actually not super surprised by this and I don't know that it actually speaks poorly on Dak. I don't think that anyone ever quite doubted David's ability to throw a football. He could always do that well (as can his brother). I'd bet that in this type of setting, a guy like Carr may be able to beat several starting NFL quarterbacks. 

• Like 1