Report - Dak Seeking 40m Per Year Deal

goldfishwars

Another big season for Patrick Mahomes (like 35 TD pass), he's going to be in a very good position to have 40 million a year next year, but Prescott? ... C'mon, he's average at best and he could lose very big if he does not have a new contract this year and he remains average or worst this year ... Best case scenario is that he performs in the playoffs like Joe Flacco in 2012 .... But very doubtful a run like that will happen again, especially by a QB who was up and down and I believe that even before his playoffs run in 2012, Flacco had been better than Prescott in his first 3-4 years of his career ... Flacco had a better argument, so Prescott could lose very big.

Edited by Steelersfan43

Anyone else think MAX Value Contracts are coming with the new CBA? These QB contracts are just getting out of hand. There’s 22 guys on the field at a time but you got QB’s trying to make 4X as much as the next guy. You can’t win without a QB so they get paid but I could easily see the NFLPA wanting to spread that money around a bit more. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

Anyone else think MAX Value Contracts are coming with the new CBA? These QB contracts are just getting out of hand. There’s 22 guys on the field at a time but you got QB’s trying to make 4X as much as the next guy. You can’t win without a QB so they get paid but I could easily see the NFLPA wanting to spread that money around a bit more. 

Getting max contracts would probably involve getting rid of the franchise tag, so that's a nonstarter.  NFLPA's just going to point out "nothing is stopping you from setting the cap as a higher percentage of revenue, or just exempting the starting QB from the cap so you can pay that guy as much as you want."

1 hour ago, Boltstrikes said:

IS the NFL going to 100% guaranteed contracts too?

I doubt Dak or his party expect to get $40m/year money, but they definitely want more than $30M so this is just part of the negotiation that in most cases doesn't get leaked. Guessing $32M/year (what Wentz got) would be their floor. Dak wants to play for a franchise that believes in him, and if the Cowboys believe in him as a franchise QB, they should be fine with making him close to one of the highest paid QBs (which is pretty much the norm whenever 1 of the league's ~15 or so franchise QBs are negotiating new deals). However, I feel like Dak is so much more valuable to Dallas than he would be anywhere else, and in that regard his agents are rolling the dice by trying to get so much money. I really would be interested to see the deal he fetches on an open market, and from who.

Of course as an Eagles fan who doesn't particularly believe in his ability,  I love this and hope they give him a pay day. He's an Alex Smith type talent to me and I haven't seen reason to believe he'll be much more. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Yes, but sometimes you can lose big when your demands are too high ... A player needs to be realistic sometimes, otherwise it can go against the player.

I don't think Dak wants it though, it's the Cowboys using the fact that he's not worth anywhere near that to check him.
Fairly obvious the sports world would collectively laugh

Running tally this offseason

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I don't think Dak wants it though, it's the Cowboys using the fact that he's not worth anywhere near that to check him.
Fairly obvious the sports world would collectively laugh

Running tally this offseason

Kilty knows.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/12/source-dak-prescott-has-not-asked-for-40-million-a-year/

• Like 1