Report - Dak Seeking 40m Per Year Deal

goldfishwars

If I'm Dallas I put 28 million times 5 years, 100 million guaranteed on the table and let him sign it whenever. No State tax and all the endorsements from being the Cowboys QB can make up the difference

If he doesn't sign it then I'll franchise him at the end of the year if he's worth it, or maybe I'll let him walk and sign a 15 million dollar game manager and build a really great defense and pay Zeke

See if any other team wants to give Dak 30plus

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Even Cowboy fans will probably laugh at that. 

we already know our FO wont fork out that kinda money. Stephen and especially McClay really believe in building through the draft. If there is no other option, we'll go back to the draft and Dak will walk.

It's just kinda sad to see our team fall apart real time through free agency.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

1 minute ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

we already know our FO wont fork out that kinda money. Stephen and especially McClay really believe in building through the draft. If there is no other option, we'll go back to the draft and Dak will walk.

This is the sad part when you get most of your great players in like two drafts. Can’t pay everyone, maybe not even the vast majority. One of the reasons we had to let Mack go. 

Do or die year these next two years for Dallas, maybe even this year. 

23 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Good luck finding a QB to replace him.

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This is the sad part when you get most of your great players in like two drafts. Can’t pay everyone, maybe not even the vast majority. One of the reasons we had to let Mack go. 

Do or die year these next two years for Dallas, maybe even this year. 

Mack is a generational player you should’ve paid though.  You pay a guy like him instead of a guy like Derek Carr.

4 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

IS the NFL going to 100% guaranteed contracts too?

First thing I’d fight for as the PA would be getting rid of the tag, second would be guaranteed deals. We’re pretty much guaranteed a strike this time around if the PA is going to make up anything of what they lost last time. 

7 hours ago, Forge said:

While this is funny given the topic title and all that jazz, I'm actually not super surprised by this and I don't know that it actually speaks poorly on Dak. I don't think that anyone ever quite doubted David's ability to throw a football. He could always do that well (as can his brother). I'd bet that in this type of setting, a guy like Carr may be able to beat several starting NFL quarterbacks. 

Let us not forget that David Carr went #1 overall for a reason. The dude is as talented as they come, he just got straight up murdered in Houston and it wrecked any semblance of confidence he had. He's one of those guys that, had he gone to a better situation, I think he would've been a superstar.

• Like 5