Report - Dak Seeking 40m Per Year Deal

goldfishwars

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Let us not forget that David Carr went #1 overall for a reason. The dude is as talented as they come, he just got straight up murdered in Houston and it wrecked any semblance of confidence he had. He's one of those guys that, had he gone to a better situation, I think he would've been a superstar.

Kind of like the one Dak found himself in?

13 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Local guy here in TN made a great point. 

Tell Dak to take a deal you like or just let him play out his deal. Then franchise him or get a guy like Winston or Mariota ( if they don't light it up with their teams) since they could be possible free agents or someone like Tannehill. For $14-18 million. 

Cause honestly Dak is closer to those guys than he is to the big dog QBs. 

With the Cowboys running game and defense you don't need a $40 million QB. 

Dak is way better than Jameis Winston.  Winston is not even worthy of being a starting QB in this league - he's that bad.  Mariota is really not good, either.  I guess you could say Dak is closer to Mariota than he is to like Mahomes or Brady and that would make sense, but he's much better than both Mariota and Winston, imo.

I just don't understand the thought process behind this. You're the Dallas cowboys starting QB. Let your team spend money in other areas to make you look better, and take a boat load of endorsement deals...

I've already seen Jarad Goff rocking red bull hats and such...gives me hope he is on that plan to not screw over the Rams....

• Like 2

I do not get the hype of Dak. Yes he has played some what decent, he is a middle of the pack qb not a top tier. In no way would or should any team put a 3 in front of an 8 figure amount, he is a mid 20s at best per year. He is not a game changing qb and he shouldnt be paid like one. Teams caving to overpaying mediocre players can only lead to a higher salary cap for teams or handicap the team permanently with a contract of this magnitude 

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Let us not forget that David Carr went #1 overall for a reason. The dude is as talented as they come, he just got straight up murdered in Houston and it wrecked any semblance of confidence he had. He's one of those guys that, had he gone to a better situation, I think he would've been a superstar.

Sure glad someone else sees this. David Carr had talent. Houston's OL did not. That's why he got sacked 75 times in his rookie year. The first Carr is no draft bust, the Texans broke him all by themselves. :$ 

smh

But, Dak was absolute trash in that competition. Over throw, under throw! Oh, where did that one go? He also isn't worth 30-40 mil per year. Maybe 20...

Edited by Chrissooner49er
  • Like 1