Report - Dak Seeking 40m Per Year Deal

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

I mean, the salary cap has been consistently rising at at least 10m a year since 2013. It has increased by $55m in the past 5 years. 

The salary cap is going up, but the number of QBs who are the highest paid and have successful runs with their teams...doesn't.

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

They'll deny it, blame it on reporters thirsty for a scoop.
But a ridiculous number like that doesn't come from nowhere.

And Prescott and his team know this.

If it works, bully for Dallas. However, trying to make the opposite party look bad publicly in a negotiation doesn't help them come to terms.

18 hours ago, Riftty said:

I just don't understand the thought process behind this. You're the Dallas cowboys starting QB. Let your team spend money in other areas to make you look better, and take a boat load of endorsement deals...

I've already seen Jarad Goff rocking red bull hats and such...gives me hope he is on that plan to not screw over the Rams....

Ohh the denial world you must live in? If you think Goff is settling for a penny less then Carson and or Daks eventual contract you're delusional? It's a world I'd love to visit. Not stay, but visit. 

If anything your owner and FO should be trying to get his deal done ASAP, but I guarantee you Goffs Agent has told him to watch and wait.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

And as every year that goes by 30m will be middle of the pack by the beginning of 2021.

I mean hell, look at the highest QB contracts from the 2017 season.. 2 seasons ago.

Your top 5 QB salaries are:

1. Joe Flacco - $24.5m
2. Carson Palmer - $24.13m
3. Kirk Cousins - $23.94m
4. Matt Ryan - $23.75m 
5. Ryan Tannehill - $20.3m

He has produced efficiently enough throughout his rookie contract to get this type of contract and I you can put me in the camp of people who thinks it would be stupid to not extend him. 

That list is all the more reason as to why you DON'T pay Dak.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

He is middle of the pack as I said. I think giving him mid 20s is the appropriate credit he deserves and 30 is putting a label on him to carry the dallas team to a superbowl if not he will be on the Jimmy G bust train.

Ummmm which train are you referring to, exactly? 

Garoppolo is making 25 million dollars this year, and after that has zero guaranteed money. The niners front loaded his deal to give them flexibility later. 

The guy tore his ACL after 2.5 games last year, hardly enough time to say that was a bad contract. 

Garoppolo is going to have a monster year. He is tailor made for Kyle's offense and the niners finally have weapons (albeit young ones). Just. You. Wait. 

13 hours ago, Duoathome said:

Disagree. 30-32 mil a year for five/six years will look like a bargain really soon. The Cowboys will be at a huge advantage again once the new CBA Ros around if Dak and Zeke get paid NOW. Prices are only going to go up. Even if Dak doesn't progress, the cost for a league average QB will balloon, and Dak is a top half of the league QB with potential to get better. Look at how he did once he had a weapon in the passing game.

Dak aside, if they pay Zeke now, with two years left on his deal, and the market moves considerably as you are suggesting, then what is to stop the players from holding out in the future? That's part of it, they are setting the precedent that they will redo deals early, that is going to hurt them later on. 

I seriously doubt Dak asked for $40M but this "leak" got the reaction intended. My guess is that Dak rightfully wants more than what Wentz got. Like him or not he has taken this team to 2 playoffs. They won the division 2 out of the 3 years he has been there. He played out his mind his rookie year and despite ups and downs has been a solid winning QB for them. He makes pennies and deserves to be paid well by the most profitable franchise in ALL SPORTS. 

So while I don't think Dak is even a top 10 QB, I am not going to dismiss what he has done for the team in leadership and success. And to honest they would be wise to knock most these major contracts (Dak, Zeke, Amari, Byron, Jaylon) out now because next year will be worse if they have a big season again which I predict they will. 

The Jones family doing all this leaking to stick it to the players but I hope they don't budge. D-Law played them too and they eventually folded and the same will happen here. None of them will break the bank but the shouldn't be short changed either.

15 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Imagine thinking you're worth $40m while not being anything more than a game manager, lol.

I mean, why wouldn't he want to get as much money as possible? You know how many average and unproven QBs have reset the QB market over the last 5 years?

21 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean, why wouldn't he want to get as much money as possible? You know how many average and unproven QBs have reset the QB market over the last 5 years?

And, to be fair to Dak, he’s been playing for scraps since he came into the league. He was the 77th highest paid QB last year.  And the Cowboys want him to give a hometown discount?  Lol. The disrespect...

41 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I never understood this.  These guys are professional athletes and have an extremely short career, for the most part.  They go to work everyday and it could legit be their last day of work due to serious injury.  They put their bodies on the line... and in football you put your brain on the line because of the hits they take.  It's silly to suggest that these guys shouldn't try to get the most money possible.  It's easy for other people to say he shouldn't take that much, but in other professions nobody ever suggest people take less money.

Im for players getting their money BUT Dak is stupid for turning down 30mil and then asking for 40mil. In the words of Stephen A. "stay of the weed". Dak must be on something if he thinks he is worth 40mil. Heck he must be on something to turn down 30mil just because not many teams would even think about giving him that. He shouldve taken that deal and ran. Like seriously he needs to get drug tested. With that being said, its just another bad thing thats happening to the Cowboys. What can go wrong, will go wrong lol. Zeke wants more than Gurley so he is not going to play this season without a new contract, Dak wants 40mil which is ridiculous, and Amari is looking at what Thomas just got and probably thinking he wants that too. Im just going to sit back and see how things all shake out. 

• Like 1