Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dont listen to TheTroll316 and his never ending line of BS. Since entering the NFL there are only 2 QBs who have done better against winning teams. Wilson and Brady.

Read that again.

Over the past 4 years Dak has the 3rd most most wins against teams with a winning record. Something the trolls will never admit because they want to focus on 2019 only.

Damn you just don't listen.. 

"FACTS DO NOT MATTER" with simpletons at least..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dont listen to TheTroll316 and his never ending line of BS. Since entering the NFL there are only 2 QBs who have done better against winning teams. Wilson and Brady.

Read that again.

Over the past 4 years Dak has the 3rd most most wins against teams with a winning record. Something the trolls will never admit because they want to focus on 2019 only.

Answer the question Matts

Which 2.4 of the 8 Wins from last year do we not get with a "Replacement" QB

I'll be generous and round it to 2

Which 2 games were All Dak and nobody else?

PASSING YARDS COMPLETED AIR YARDS  PASS ATTEMPT DISTANCE  MONEY THROWS  INTERCEPTABLE PASSES DANGER PLAYS  PASSING TDS 
4901  (306.3 p/g) 3098  (5.2 p/a) 5580  (9.4 p/a) 23 26 32 30  (5.0% rate)
#2 #2 #2 #6 #10 #12 #4
PRODUCTION PREMIUM  ADJUSTED YARDS PER ATTEMPT (AY/A)  ACCURACY RATING  RECEIVER TARGET SEPARATION  DROPPED PASSES FANTASY POINTS PER DROPBACK FANTASY POINTS PER GAME 
+22.8 8.1 7.4 1.51 42  (2.6 p/g) 0.5 21.0  (+0.9 exp)
#4 #7 #9 #28 #1 #8 #3

Looks like a lot of top 10 stats. Aside from receivers getting open and catching the ball. We should cut this guy. 

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Read that again.

Matts likes to beat this stat like a tired drum

He gets to use Dak's exact 4 year Career which eliminates a lot of guys with Careers less than 4 years

He gets to use the fact Dak played all 64 games, which eliminates or puts at disadvantage any starting QB in the past 4 years who's missed time due to injury

It eliminates a lot of QB's and teams that are in rebuild mode. Dak got to step into a "Win-Now" situation

The stat is buoyed by Dak's 13-3 rookie season, which was 4 years ago. Is an average 9-7 record since

How many QB's in the last 4 years played 64 games for teams considered in a "Win-Now" window? Dak's in 3rd, behind Wilson and Brady. 3rd out of what?

32 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Read that again.

Matts, you still answer the question posed... of those 8 games we won... which 2.4 did Dak make the difference beyond replacement?  It’s a fair question.

2 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Matts, you still answer the question posed... of those 8 games we won... which 2.4 did Dak make the difference beyond replacement?  It’s a fair question.

Who asked it? Troll316 is blocked so I dont see his post unless someone else quotes them. On top of that, thats not exactly how WAR works. In theory it should be a simple "which games would you take away". In reality its a measurement of how well he played individually. 

But lets go with Lions, Redskins 1 (possibly 2 as well since Dak was huge in making that a blow out), both giants and the Eagles game would have at least been a lot closer if not for Dak moving the chains and making big plays. 

But Lions and Redskins 1 are the most obvious. 

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Who asked it? Troll316 is blocked so I dont see his post unless someone else quotes them. On top of that, thats not exactly how WAR works. In theory it should be a simple "which games would you take away". In reality its a measurement of how well he played individually. 

But lets go with Lions, Redskins 1 (possibly 2 as well since Dak was huge in making that a blow out), both giants and the Eagles game would have at least been a lot closer if not for Dak moving the chains and making big plays. 

The Lions?

Is that when they had that Driskel guy? (Their Replacement Level QB?)

And we would have lost Blowouts if it wasn't for Dak? LOL against the 3-13 Redskins and the 4-12 Giants?

The 37-10 game against the Eagles might have been in doubt?

And Matts is the guy that complains about Mental Gymnastics....

Takeaway? Just another Garbage Stat Matts Cherry Picks to justify his Jock Riding of Dak

Edited by TheGame316

So, Matts loves to ride the 4 year 64 game sample size of "Most Wins" where Dak is behind only Brady and Russell Wilson. In that Time period, The only other Quarterbacks to start 64 games (Thus being given equal opportunity to Dak) are Phillip Rivers and Kirk Cousins

If we can extrapolate for Win % over those 4 seasons (Thus including all the Quarterbacks with less then 4 years experience and those that may have missed a few due to injury) we get

1. Lamar .864

2 - JimmyG .807

3 - Brady .783

4 - Mahomes .774

5 - Roethlisberger .673

6 - Brees ..672

7 - Watson .649

8 - Wilson .633

9 - Dak .625

Consensus is Dak should be ranked somewhere between 8-12 in terms of QB's and there he sits at 9 in terms of win %

(PS-It gets uglier if you look at just the last 3 seasons.... The NFL is kind of a "what have you done for me lately league, though...)

Lets make him the highest payed player of all time!

36 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Why would you block him?  He might not be right but he’s definitely not wrong either.  Dak right now is turning down a contract that would pay him $35M per year and give him the second most guaranteed money in the history of the nfl. If that’s already not enough to raise concerns, he’s threatening to hold out the offseason.  Those are huge red flags at a position where you can’t have red flags.  To me, it’s extremely reasonable to take the position of wanting Dak to come back at a reasonable price but being okay with moving on if that doesn’t happen.  The point is that In Dak’s absolute best statistical year... he got us to 8-8.  In one of his worst statistical years he got us to 13-3.  What does that tell you?  It’s not all about the QB. 

1 minute ago, The_Slamman said:

Why would you block him?  He might not be right but he’s definitely not wrong either.  Dak right now is turning down a contract that would pay him $35M per year and give him the second most guaranteed money in the history of the nfl. If that’s already not enough to raise concerns, he’s threatening to hold out the offseason.  Those are huge red flags at a position where you can’t have red flags.  To me, it’s extremely reasonable to take the position of wanting Dak to come back at a reasonable price but being okay with moving on if that doesn’t happen.  The point is that In Dak’s absolute best statistical year... he got us to 8-8.  In one of his worst statistical years he got us to 13-3.  What does that tell you?  It’s not all about the QB. 

1. Primarily because he is lying/misrepresenting just about every single thing. He completely dismisses any facts whatsoever. And lastly he is straight trolling. Im not the only person to block him and/or realize his schtick is old. 

2. "He got us" "Not all about the QB". Obviously. But QB is by far the most important piece of the puzzle. Dak is top 10; pushing top 5. You dont get rid of an asset like that unless its for a kings ransom. Even then its a tough call. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

1. Primarily because he is lying/misrepresenting just about every single thing. He completely dismisses any facts whatsoever. And lastly he is straight trolling. Im not the only person to block him and/or realize his schtick is old. 

2. "He got us" "Not all about the QB". Obviously. But QB is by far the most important piece of the puzzle. Dak is top 10; pushing top 5. You dont get rid of an asset like that unless its for a kings ransom. Even then its a tough call. 

This from a guy who has a cherry picked "Dak" folder on his computer and posts exclusively from it

If Matts could be objective and even once and a while post something that suggests Dak isn't Jesus, maybe he wouldn't have to constantly be refuted. He scours the internet looking to fulfill his confirmation bias and filling the aforementioned folder with it

He also constantly misconstrues my position(and that of other posters). I like Dak. I like him as a mid tier quarterback in the 8-12 range who would make about 25 Million per because I have objectively seen that he needs to be surrounded by various weapons to succeed. I do not like Dak at all costs.Paying Dak at the expense of losing others is not a formula that will lead this team to success

I object to the way Dak is handling himself as he looks for a new contract and it leads me to lean towards moving on out of principle as I see this being a continuing problem going forward as we will need extensions and restructures in the future as teams do with any big contract

11 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

This from a guy who has a cherry picked "Dak" folder on his computer and posts exclusively from it

If Matts could be objective and even once and a while post something that suggests Dak isn't Jesus, maybe he wouldn't have to constantly be refuted. He scours the internet looking to fulfill his confirmation bias and filling the aforementioned folder with it

He also constantly misconstrues my position(and that of other posters). I like Dak. I like him as a mid tier quarterback in the 8-12 range who would make about 25 Million per because I have objectively seen that he needs to be surrounded by various weapons to succeed. I do not like Dak at all costs.Paying Dak at the expense of losing others is not a formula that will lead this team to success

I object to the way Dak is handling himself as he looks for a new contract and it leads me to lean towards moving on out of principle as I see this being a continuing problem going forward as we will need extensions and restructures in the future as teams do with any big contract

The other part is who cares where he is ranked. 

If Dak was in the Top 5 but there was no Wilson, Mahomes Watson, etc and the Top 5 was Goff, Dak, Darnold, Cousins and Jimmy G, would being a Top 5 QB be anything to be proud of?

The problem is most of the Top QBs are closing to retiring and the young guys are still a bit unproven.