Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

Wait a second... there are people here who actually think Theismann is wrong about Dak not taking the huge contract he is being offered?  You know... the contract that would guarantee Dak the second highest amount ever in the history of the NFL?  Theismann is wrong?  What kind of sadistic Effs are you guys?

5 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Wait a second... there are people here who actually think Theismann is wrong about Dak not taking the huge contract he is being offered?  You know... the contract that would guarantee Dak the second highest amount ever in the history of the NFL?  Theismann is wrong?  What kind of sadistic Effs are you guys?

You have the exact contact details? Man, show them to me. Maybe I have been wrong.

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You have the exact contact details? Man, show them to me. Maybe I have been wrong.

Matts will accept a vaguely cherry picked graph from a 3rd tier stat site but he refuses to accept the widely reported offer of 5 years 165 Million with 105 Guaranteed we've heard for weeks/months

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-reportedly-offer-dak-prescott-a-monster-contract-with-105-million-guaranteed/

And as recent as today

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/dallas-cowboys/details-emerge-from-the-cowboys-current-offer-to-dak-prescott

Edited by TheGame316

13 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Never said he was wrong or right I just could care less to what he has to say. I have been pretty clear to what I think Dak should be paid. I’m not going down that road again until something gets done or doesn’t by July 15. 

4 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Matts likes to beat this stat like a tired drum

He gets to use Dak's exact 4 year Career which eliminates a lot of guys with Careers less than 4 years

He gets to use the fact Dak played all 64 games, which eliminates or puts at disadvantage any starting QB in the past 4 years who's missed time due to injury

It eliminates a lot of QB's and teams that are in rebuild mode. Dak got to step into a "Win-Now" situation

The stat is buoyed by Dak's 13-3 rookie season, which was 4 years ago. Is an average 9-7 record since

How many QB's in the last 4 years played 64 games for teams considered in a "Win-Now" window? Dak's in 3rd, behind Wilson and Brady. 3rd out of what?

Sorry man but do you seriously think there are many QBs in this league capable of replacing Dak and doing better than he? You tried to tell me these rookies from this past draft could have. Now we are arguing for these replacement backup options doing better? Are you freaking kidding me? 

Sorry but seriously you are out of your mind and  blind with Madden video game logic. As much fun as I have had for years with buddies playing that game, I wish it was never made. Cause there are too many people who let it confuse their perception of the real NFL.

12 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Sorry man but do you seriously think there are many QBs in this league capable of replacing Dak and doing better than he? You tried to tell me these rookies from this past draft could have. Now we are arguing for these replacement backup options doing better? Are you freaking kidding me? 

Sorry but seriously you are out of your mind and  blind with Madden video game logic. As much fun as I have had for years with buddies playing that game, I wish it was never made. Cause there are too many people who let it confuse their perception of the real NFL.

For the second time dude, I don't play Madden, never have. In fact I don't even play video games and haven't in over 25 years

Also don't play fantasy football. Stats do not impress me

And re-read what I wrote. After Dak's rookie season, What would you have said if someone told you that 3 Quarterbacks without giving names would be better than Dak

Probably what you're saying now, "None of these guys will ever be good not for YEARS" but then, Boom

Mahomes, Jackson and Watson

Out of the next group that includes Tua, Hebert, Burrow, Fields, Lawrence, Love, Hurts, etc, etc, 2 or 3 of them are going to be future stars. Do I know which ones? Nope... That's the point I am making. Whatever team finds "The Next Ones" will have a competitive advantage over all the teams that have their Quarterbacks at 35-40 Million because they will be able to field more complete rosters while their Quarterbacks are on the cheap

Teams with 35-40 Million invested in "Good" QB's will win a lot of division titles, a lot of 10-6/11-5 seasons but will always be at a disadvantage when they go up against a team with a 3 million dollar QB giving them 35 Million in production

We had our chance with Dak on the cheap and the Cowboys whiffed. We will not get better allocating 15% MORE of our capspace to him while taking it from other places

You outed yourself by the way when you called Dak "Sensational" - Get some perspective

14 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

For the second time dude, I don't play Madden, never have. In fact I don't even play video games and haven't in over 25 years

Also don't play fantasy football. Stats do not impress me

And re-read what I wrote. After Dak's rookie season, What would you have said if someone told you that 3 Quarterbacks without giving names would be better than Dak

Probably what you're saying now, "None of these guys will ever be good not for YEARS" but then, Boom

Mahomes, Jackson and Watson

Out of the next group that includes Tua, Hebert, Burrow, Fields, Lawrence, Love, Hurts, etc, etc, 2 or 3 of them are going to be future stars. Do I know which ones? Nope... That's the point I am making. Whatever team finds "The Next Ones" will have a competitive advantage over all the teams that have their Quarterbacks at 35-40 Million because they will be able to field more complete rosters while their Quarterbacks are on the cheap

Teams with 35-40 Million invested in "Good" QB's will win a lot of division titles, a lot of 10-6/11-5 seasons but will always be at a disadvantage when they go up against a team with a 3 million dollar QB giving them 35 Million in production

We had our chance with Dak on the cheap and the Cowboys whiffed. We will not get better allocating 15% MORE of our capspace to him while taking it from other places

You outed yourself by the way when you called Dak "Sensational" - Get some perspective

Jackson has one good year, and relied on a gimmick offense and a unit around him designed to enable that gimmick. Do not compare him to a guy who has been damn good for 4 years, in Dak.

This is the problem with QB debates. People overlook entire bodies of work for the most recent year, overlook the Xs and Os and entire teams even, and focus only the QB. It gets ridiculous. Tom Brady won 6 rings not the Patriots. Dak Prescott went missed the playoffs not the Dallas Cowboys. Lamar Jackson is better than this guy because his one big year was better than anything the other guy discover 4 very good years. Romo sucked because he didnt win a ring when the Cowbos sucked for so very long when he was it's only truly star quality player. Romo was also injury prone his whole career because 2 years at the end of his career he was hurt, doesnt matter how many games and seasons he played before he was 35 and starting wearing down. Oy vey

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Sorry matts, I stand corrected... Dak is turning down a contract that would make him the HIGHEST paid player in the history of the NFL... my bad.  Excuse me for thinking it was second highest.

But the #Cowboys offer on the table (5 yrs, $35M APY, $106M+ gteed) would likely make Dak the highest-paid player in the history of football. So, they must like him OK. Right? https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1259167781414670338 

Edited by The_Slamman

18 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Sorry matts, I stand corrected... Dak is turning down a contract that would make him the highest paid player in the history of the NFL...

But the #Cowboys offer on the table (5 yrs, $35M APY, $106M+ gteed) would likely make Dak the highest-paid player in the history of football. So, they must like him OK. Right? https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1259167781414670338 

Do I need to point out that is Fisher and he said "Likely"? Also still a generic structure outlinr.

But I guess....

Edited by Matts4313

Well it will be interesting to see this season. Right now the only QB that has come into the league sense Dak I would no think twice take is Mahomes at this point.  Watson hasn’t been over all better then Dak. I would argue Watson is more up and down then Dak   Did any one watch Jackson play the year before last he was beyond terrible and last year he Had a good year yes but was a train wreck in the most important game he played   So no if he has two three more great years wins a play off game or two then yeah I would Say he’s outperformed Dak to this point not really

and let’s get back to that comment.  4-5 QB’s come out this year say 2-3 perform Dak level or better in first three years.  Well that’s a 50/50 shot your gonna get a bust and now your in a world of hurt

Edited by quiller

16 minutes ago, quiller said:

Well it will be interesting to see this season. Right now the only QB that has come into the league sense Dak I would no think twice take is Mahomes at this point.  Watson hasn’t been over all better then Dak. I would argue Watson is more up and down then Dak   Did any one watch Jackson play the year before last he was beyond terrible and last year he Had a good year yes but was a train wreck in the most important game he played   So no if he has two three more great years wins a play off game or two then yeah I would Say he’s outperformed Dak to this point not really

and let’s get back to that comment.  4-5 QB’s come out this year say 2-3 perform Dak level or better in first three years.  Well that’s a 50/50 shot your gonna get a bust and now your in a world of hurt

Jalon Hurts?

I kid....