Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

If I may add something to this post, not sure it will be anything new and I may have already stated it with another fan. 

Dak is a good QB that deserves to get "good" QB pay. What the Boys are offering him currently is great/elite QB money and guarantees with a 5th year. If you think that Dak is even worth that much then you haven't paid attention to his play(play not record) when Zeke is out or when he didn't have Amari. The Cowboys have stacked an O-line, HOF caliber RB(if he continues to play the way he has) and a great WR group. They have tailored this O for a QB and offering to pay him more money than he is worth and he is saying no. Time to let him go and see what kind of play he has for a team that is not doing all this for a "good not great" QB. I know we need a "good" QB to run our offense, and I think Dak is better than a "bus driver" but he is still just a wanna be super star that padded his stats when we was behind. I know the argument is that the salary cap will explode in a couple years but it may not and we will be in a world of hurt with an above average QB making elite money. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Remember when prominent people here said all this would be settled before a certain thread reached page two? @Nextyearfordaboyz

I'm not sure what you are referring to explicitly here.

I am surprised that they didn't lock him down a long time ago, but I am still not overly concerned about it getting done. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I'm not sure what you are referring to explicitly here.

I am surprised that they didn't lock him down a long time ago, but I am still not overly concerned about it getting done. 

I’m just busting your chops. 

So much of this post is just demonstrably false. 

3 hours ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

If I may add something to this post, not sure it will be anything new and I may have already stated it with another fan. 

Dak is a good QB that deserves to get "good" QB pay. What the Boys are offering him currently is great/elite QB money and guarantees with a 5th year. If you think that Dak is even worth that much then you haven't paid attention to his play(play not record) when Zeke is out

Some of Daks very best games came with Zeke out of the line up. 

or when he didn't have Amari.

Are you referring to 2018? Because it wasnt just Amari. It was our receiving options being *dead last* in the NFL in getting open. Our OL being ranked 27th *worst* in pass protection. Remember, we fired our OL coach it was so bad he was fired at the bye. We were literally surrounding Dak with one of the worst cast in the entire NFL. 

The Cowboys have stacked an O-line, HOF caliber RB(if he continues to play the way he has) and a great WR group. They have tailored this O for a QB and offering to pay him more money than he is worth and he is saying no. Time to let him go and see what kind of play he has for a team that is not doing all this for a "good not great" QB. I know we need a "good" QB to run our offense, and I think Dak is better than a "bus driver" but he is still just a wanna be super star that padded his stats when we was behind. I know the argument is that the salary cap will explode in a couple years but it may not and we will be in a world of hurt with an above average QB making elite money. 

Wrong again. Dak's best quarter is the 2nd followed by this 3rd. This idea that he is a garbage time stat padder is internet drivel that has no basis in reality. 

Dak is a top 10 QB wanting to be paid like other top 10ish QBs. 

4 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Wrong.  Dak maybe a top 10ish QB but he is turning down #1ish QB money.  

Wrong. Dak is a top 10 QB and will be paid like other top 10ish QBs (Wentz/Goff) have been paid. 

Why are you wrong so much lately? 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

So much of this post is just demonstrably false. 

Some of Daks very best games came with Zeke out of the line up. 

Are you referring to 2018? Because it wasnt just Amari. It was our receiving options being *dead last* in the NFL in getting open. Our OL being ranked 27th *worst* in pass protection. Remember, we fired our OL coach it was so bad he was fired at the bye. We were literally surrounding Dak with one of the worst cast in the entire NFL. 

Wrong again. Dak's best quarter is the 2nd followed by this 3rd. This idea that he is a garbage time stat padder is internet drivel that has no basis in reality. 

Dak is a top 10 QB wanting to be paid like other top 10ish QBs. 

Dak is a top 8 QB wanting to be paid like the Top QB.

13 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Dak is a top 8 QB wanting to be paid like the Top QB.

Ive said it a million times, he will be "top QB" paid for like 12 months. In about a year or two he will be fringe top 5. 

What is Wentz? ~#10ish QB? $33.5m + $1m each year he makes the probowl. A lot of other escalators as well. ~$35m QB

What is Goff? ~#15ish QB? $34m/yr

That is the market rate for players worse than Dak. Even those of you who hate Dak would at least say they are same tier. 

Edited by Matts4313

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ive said it a million times, he will be "top QB" paid for like 12 months. In about a year or two he will be fringe top 5. 

What is Wentz? ~#10ish QB? $33.5m + $1m each year he makes the probowl. A lot of other escalators as well. ~$35m QB

What is Goff? ~#15ish QB? $34m/yr

That is the market rate for players worse than Dak. Even those of you who hate Dak would at least say they are same tier. 

It doesnt matter whether what he will be in 1 year from now or 5. He is asking to be paid like the Top QB.

If the rumours are true and we are willing to pay him the amount he wants, he should be all over it and take the 5 years.

4 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

It doesnt matter whether what he will be in 1 year from now or 5. He is asking to be paid like the Top QB.

If the rumours are true and we are willing to pay him the amount he wants, he should be all over it and take the 5 years.

You and Calvert need to have an argument. Because I said "Brady got the biggest contract in history" (he did) even though he never played a single season as the top paid QB and that was a huge debate.

Same thing likely would happen with Dak. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You and Calvert need to have an argument. Because I said "Brady got the biggest contract in history" (he did) even though he never played a single season as the top paid QB and that was a huge debate.

Same thing likely would happen with Dak. 

But I only like arguing with you...

Edited by CAPJ
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CAPJ said:

For all real-world and practical purposes, it certainly does matter.

1 hour ago, CAPJ said:

If I were Dak, I would probably just take the contract on the table. But I don't tell people what to do with their chicken. Dak, like most of us, only has limited windows of leverage in his career, and I cannot blame him for trying to maximize his deal.  If he feels like giving up that extra year is a big deal, then he should treat it like a big deal in his negotiations. The Cowboys certainly seem to be treating it as a big deal. 

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Wrong. Dak is a top 10 QB and will be paid like other top 10ish QBs (Wentz/Goff) have been paid. 

Why are you wrong so much lately? 

WTH are you talking about?  We’ve already shown you the articles.  What is it about you don’t understand?

• Like 1