Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Some of ya'll care way too much about how deep another man's pockets can go. I can only hope someone isn't nearly as judgmental towards your finances as you are about others finances. 

Oh stop. We only care because it directly effects the salary cap, thus effecting every other player on the team that we cheer to win football games. 

If there was no salary cap, nobody would give four ****s what Dak got paid. Don’t act like Dak is the first player we have ever discussed salary cap with. Don’t act like we are the only fan base that cares about our teams salary cap. This isn’t something new. You aren’t being edgy by shaming us for “caring” what his cap hit will be.

It 👏 is 👏 normal👏 to care how your favorite team navigates the salary cap. 

It’s weird not to. It’s even weirder to want a player to break the bank on your teams cap space. Even if you think Dak is the GOAT you should still want him for the lowest price possible. 

Until they do away with the cap this will always be a topic.

• Like 2

@DaBoys go read the meltdown right before I posted that. 

Maybe don't be so sensitive since I wasn't talking about you, champ. 

We had someone LITERALLY invoke financial suffering around the world to call Dak Greedy. Maybe realize this isn't the line in the sand you want to draw and then expect to seem reasonable. 

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

But go on and use clap hands emojis. That's the REAL key. 

Lol I thought you’d like that.

You aren’t the only person that is questioning other fans about why we should care about Daks pay. I’m sorry if I came a bit strong.

We debate every other persons salary from Dak to Tyrone Crawford, I don’t see the big deal.

It just seems that some fans(maybe not you) love Dak so much that even talking about his cap hit is taboo. I’ve seen people on Twitter be called racist for wanting a lower cap hit. It’s ridiculous. 

Saying you hope others aren’t so judgmental when one of us gets paid.... I guarandamntee if what resilient got paid directly effected how many games the Dallas Cowboys won, his salary would have it’s own thread. 

9 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Saying you hope others aren’t so judgmental when one of us gets paid.... I guarandamntee if what resilient got paid directly effected how many games the Dallas Cowboys won, his salary would have it’s own thread. 

Again. There can be reasonable discuss. Claiming greed in the scope of global financial hardship isn't in the realm of remote logic. At. All. 

The reality is we have some amazing contracts (Smith) to bad contracts (Crawford). Dallas takes risks each time they structure a deal. Some work out and others don't. 

This is where we stand on Dak: When he signs his deal he will be the highest payed QB - which means highest payed player - which means in the scope of history. This will be 100% true...until the next QB signs. 

Long term will this be a good deal (Smith) or bad (Crawford)? We won't know for some time.  

But this is the nature of NFL contracts. Remember before Rookie Caps? The 49era drafted Davis and instantly gave him the most lucrative TE contract ever. Without taking a snap. And the justification always was " well look at this potential!" - but that was the nature of deals back then. Rookies had stupid power.  Look at Bradford's situation. Then the NFL wised up and changed the rules. 

It's no different now with second contracts. Your going to get (over)paid. It's only a few years later we will see if we won or lost. Not in the immediate. 

When Smith signed he was the highest payed Tackle...now I don't even think he's top 10. And you got guys like Nate Solder breaking the bank. 

When we signed Crawford there was a lot of angst...but there was hope he's move to 3T. And his contract would look great in comparison. That didn't work out. 

We don't know how Collins (RT) or Smith (LB) contracts will hold up. But we can be hopeful. But it isn't realistic to assume we will win every deal.

We want the BEST possible deal. Absolutely. But reading the room tells us he's going to get paid. In a few years we will see if it was a mistake or not. 

If we win the SuperBowl next year I don't think you will give a furry rats behind if we pay him biblical, globally ridiculously selfish money or not. 

That said, you want to be reasonable and not defend the bat-****-crazy people who have meltdowns calling someone greedy because of global financial affairs. What exactly happened yesterday to trigger him? Who knows. But from now until July 15th. All this is just noise. Who cares if he signs today. Tomorrow. Or July 14th. It's allllll the same. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Again. There can be reasonable discuss. Claiming greed in the scope of global financial hardship isn't in the realm of remote logic. At. All. 

The reality is we have some amazing contracts (Smith) to bad contracts (Crawford). Dallas takes risks each time they structure a deal. Some work out and others don't. 

This is where we stand on Dak: When he signs his deal he will be the highest payed QB - which means highest payed player - which means in the scope of history. This will be 100% true...until the next QB signs. 

Long term will this be a good deal (Smith) or bad (Crawford)? We won't know for some time.  

But this is the nature of NFL contracts. Remember before Rookie Caps? The 49era drafted Davis and instantly gave him the most lucrative TE contract ever. Without taking a snap. And the justification always was " well look at this potential!" - but that was the nature of deals back then. Rookies had stupid power.  Look at Bradford's situation. Then the NFL wised up and changed the rules. 

It's no different now with second contracts. Your going to get (over)paid. It's only a few years later we will see if we won or lost. Not in the immediate. 

When Smith signed he was the highest payed Tackle...now I don't even think he's top 10. And you got guys like Nate Solder breaking the bank. 

When we signed Crawford there was a lot of angst...but there was hope he's move to 3T. And his contract would look great in comparison. That didn't work out. 

We don't know how Collins (RT) or Smith (LB) contracts will hold up. But we can be hopeful. But it isn't realistic to assume we will win every deal.

We want the BEST possible deal. Absolutely. But reading the room tells us he's going to get paid. In a few years we will see if it was a mistake or not. 

If we win the SuperBowl next year I don't think you will give a furry rats behind if we pay him biblical, globally ridiculously selfish money or not. 

That said, you want to be reasonable and not defend the bat-****-crazy people who have meltdowns calling someone greedy because of global financial affairs. What exactly happened yesterday to trigger him? Who knows. But from now until July 15th. All this is just noise. Who cares if he signs today. Tomorrow. Or July 14th. It's allllll the same. 

It's also important to note that Dallas is extremely good at how they structure these contracts. Look at Zeke's deal and Cooper's deal as examples. 

After the 2021 season, we can cut Zeke and gain $5MM should he no longer be producing at a high level or for some other reason. Cooper can be let go after the 2021 season and we gain $16MM toward the cap by which time Gallup and Lamb should have cemented themselves as our starting two anyway, and that $16MM could go toward a new deal for Gallup. 

31 minutes ago, D82 said:

It's also important to note that Dallas is extremely good at how they structure these contracts. Look at Zeke's deal and Cooper's deal as examples. 

After the 2021 season, we can cut Zeke and gain $5MM should he no longer be producing at a high level or for some other reason. Cooper can be let go after the 2021 season and we gain $16MM toward the cap by which time Gallup and Lamb should have cemented themselves as our starting two anyway, and that $16MM could go toward a new deal for Gallup. 

Right. You can't chicken-little scraps of news and think you know everything. The sky isn't falling because of a headline - or god-forbid a stupid tweet.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

lol - cant wait to see the spin on this one. 

In 4 years the defense gave up 30 points 9 times in regular season and Once in the playoffs

Dak won twice

That's 2 times (and one was against the Redskins)

Stupid Stat

And regardless of whether you count playoff games or not, It's not even accurrate, Its either 0.222 (2-7) or 0.200 (2-8)

(Mahomes BTW is 4-5 in regular season and 5-6 counting playoffs .444 or .454)

Where do you find this crap?

Edited just now by TheGame316