Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

40 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

01rm4ayhc8151.jpg

Check your eyes

You know what the facts also say? Try looking up how many games we've won over the last 4 years when we trailed at halftime. Here's a hint: it's not only in the single digits, but you can count them on one hand. And, the number of times we were down at halftime was well into double digits. That stat, by the way, ranks us 30th in the NFL in halftime deficits, only beating out Detroit and Cleveland.

A top 5 QB doesn't allow that to happen.

Check YOUR eyes.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

lol. Turn off ESPN and actually watch the games. Daks best QRTs were the 2nd and 3rd. BY FAR. He didnt put up garbage time stats. Thats a dumb argument parrotted by people who listen to the media instead of focus on reality. 

Wins are a team achievement. Didnt @Northland just explain that to you? 

PS - I dont understand what you are saying about Jamies. He threw 30 INTS and had a projected 45. He was the 18th rated passer by ANY/A. 26th by rating. 

@Matts4313 if wins are a team stat then why do you bring up multiple charts about where Dak ranks in wins since he started?

If wins are also a team stat then wouldnt losses be the same as well? You put a lot of blame on our oline in 2017.

47 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

@Matts4313 if wins are a team stat then why do you bring up multiple charts about where Dak ranks in wins since he started?

If wins are also a team stat then wouldnt losses be the same as well? You put a lot of blame on our oline in 2017.

Because I dont respect Cowboys fans as a whole

On 5/24/2020 at 11:07 PM, TheGame316 said:

Overpaying mediocrity can suck

Especially when you do it at the quarterback position

Dak doesnt play defense. He was not the problem last year.

Dak allowed how many points to the Josh Allen led Buffall Bills?

Dak allowed a 90 yard pass against the lowly Jets?

Dak blew how many coverages against the Eagles?

Sorry, but Dak performed extremely well. He is in no way mediocre. He is damn good. This teams defense, and its overpaid LB, DT, DE, and overrated corners, were the huge issue. A disappearing Zeke, a disappearing Cooper, and 40+ dropped glasses and 11 missed FGs, those were your problems. Dak put up those eye opening stats while dealing with a lot of crappy play from the guys who were expected to help him. They only hurt him. 

The fact you could call a guy mediocre who has never had a losing season, won a playoff game on a rookie contract, put up increasing numbers each year, and is the only reason this team floated at .500 proves to me you are, sorry to say this, just being a nonsensical Dak troll.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Who cares?  The run game DOES NOT MATTER.  The more teams run on us, the closer we are to winning.  Ask @Matts4313.

I think you should reread that thread and this time try to analyze it. Or you can just run away again like last time I gave you a fact smackdown. 

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I think you should reread that thread and this time try to analyze it. Or you can just run away again like last time I gave you a fact smackdown. 

I think you should watch a game and ACTUALLY watch it

Because things like controlling the clock, sustaining drives and keeping your defense OFF the field so they can get rest is actually a thing. Limiting the other teams amount of offensive possessions by shortening the game also does a lot for keeping points allowed to a minimum. 

Ask yourself this - What's better for YOUR teams defense, assuming both drives result in TD's

14 play 80 yard drive that eats up 8 minutes

or

4 play 80 yard drive that eats up 2 minutes

Lets remove TD's from the equation

4 play 28 yards then a punt that contained 1 20 yard completion for a 1st down and then 2 completions for 8 total yards then an incompletion - Total time off clock 2 minutes

8 play 28 yards then a punt that contained 2 1sts downs on 4 rushes and 4 passes that took 4:30 off the clock

Both Offenses put up the exact same bulk stat line, but one Offense SIGNIFICANTLY effected their teams defense. They will face LESS total drives against and they have had MORE rest between drives. Of course, you take the yards and the TD's anyway you can get them. But the ability to SUSTAIN DRIVES MATTERS

Edited by TheGame316

I ran some #s on 3 qbs,
looking at passing td’s per game vs sub .500 teams and .500 and over teams, 4 year time span

Qb1 Avgs 1.66 tds under 500 and 1.34 over 500
Qb2 avgs 1.87 tds under 500 and 1.19 over 500
Qb3 avgs 2.09 tds under 500 and 1.91 over 500

Anyone want to guess who the qbs are :) ?

28 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

I ran some #s on 3 qbs,
looking at passing td’s per game vs sub .500 teams and .500 and over teams, 4 year time span

This seems like a terrible way to judge QB play. Why not use a more encompassing stat like ANY/A? Passing TDs can be greatly affected by the situation the QB is in. IE - play calling and rushing (both QB and RB). 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This seems like a terrible way to judge QB play. Why not use a more encompassing stat like ANY/A? Passing TDs can be greatly affected by the situation the QB is in. IE - play calling and rushing (both QB and RB). 

What’s wrong with looking at the spread of passing tds in bad vs good teams?

Edited by 5x10

13 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Dak doesnt play defense. He was not the problem last year.

Dak allowed how many points to the Josh Allen led Buffall Bills?

Dak allowed a 90 yard pass against the lowly Jets?

Dak blew how many coverages against the Eagles?

We scored 15 points on the Bills, we were held scoreless for 2 quarters.

We scored 9 points through the first 3 quarters of the Jets game.

We scored 9 points TOTAL on the Eagles while the defense held them to 17.

You really think offense wasn’t a problem during these games? I’m not as sour on Dak as I used to be but these are probably some of his worst games of 2019. Not good examples of poor defense.

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

I ran some #s on 3 qbs,

Qb1 is daltons first 4 years

qb2 is daks first 4 year

qb3 is romos last 4 full years 

romo has the smallest spread(.18), dak has the largest .68

dalton and dak have very similar # of passing tds their first 4 years 

2 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

Qb1 is daltons first 4 years

qb2 is daks first 4 year

qb3 is romos last 4 full years 

romo has the smallest spread(.18), dak has the largest .68

dalton and dak have very similar # of passing tds their first 4 years 

And this highlights the Dak conundrum. At scoring, Dak is almost as good as Romo was against sub 500 teams, which is great. But he falls dramatically against good teams. People don’t know what to think of him