Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I literally just explained it in the quote.

Because Dak’s numbers get artificially inflated by playing against the giants, redskins and dolphins.  If Dak played against the giants 16 games last season, he’s be the MVP.  If he played against the saints 16 times last year... we’d be begging for a new QB.

9 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Because Dak’s numbers get artificially inflated by playing against the giants, redskins and dolphins.  If Dak played against the giants 16 games last season, he’s be the MVP.  If he played against the saints 16 times last year... we’d be begging for a new QB.

46/61 75% 472 yards 1td 1int* 96 QB rating in his last 2 games against NOLA. Not bad at all. 

If you may have forgotten, it was fat Zeke who shat the bed against NOLA. Not Dak.

*The INT was a hailmary as time expired. You back that out and his rating jumps to 103.

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

46/61 75% 472 yards 1td 1int* 96 QB rating in his last 2 games against NOLA. Not bad at all. 

If you may have forgotten, it was fat Zeke who shat the bed against NOLA. Not Dak.

*The INT was a hailmary as time expired. You back that out and his rating jumps to 103.

Why would Zeke matter if the running game doesn't matter?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

So, Dak’s 22/33 for 223 (6.7 ypa) w/ 0 TDS and 1 INT is good with you, right?  Extrapolating that over 16 games, you’d be perfectly fine with a QB who delivered a 0 td and 16 int season with a 6.7 ypa?  

like I said... Dak abused the absolute have nots in the nfl.  But at the same time was below average against the better teams.  If we played the giants every week, he’s a $35m a year QB.  We play the saints every week... he’d be benched by week 3.

6 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Dak is 40-24 as a starter in his career

13-3 against the Redskins and Giants combined

27-21 against everyone else

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 5x10 said:

Dak avgs 1.87 tds under 500 and 1.19 over 500, .68 spread 
Wilson avgs  1.93 under 500 and 1.80 over 500, .13 spread
last 4 years, playoffs included 

Matts doesn't like when people Cherry Pick Anti-Dak stats like he Cherry Picks his Dak-Love stats

These do certainly fit the narrative that Dak beats up on bad teams though 

Edited by TheGame316
  • Like 1

Fun times.   I don’t understand why it is so hard to say NO Dak isn’t right now as good as a all pro QB like a Wilson or Rogers yet is still good and shows skill level comparable to a top 5 QB.    
I like Dak and have no problems with him being our franchise QB but he Still has areas he needs to improve such as IMO he struggles in bad weather games.   

Oh also I guess from what we’ve seen every one also here is fairly clear Carson Wentz isn’t your QB of the future either —-

same numbers for Wentz

Washington NYG  12-3

everyone else 20-21

that is a little bit of a miss leading stat unless your Brady and NE.  “good” teams tend to beat up on the weak teams in their division and just barely go over 500 out of the division  

ie 5-1 in division and 6-4 out is a “good”  11-5 record  .....

Brady the best wins 74% of his games out of division a amazing number.   I really want to see how he does in TB.    Dak is at 55% not “great” but well above average.   

Our defense was trash in 2019, but what role does the offense play in this? Was our defense horrible right out of the gate or did they wear down after being on the field to long? Probably a little of both. Let’s look at our 8 losses:

Our first loss was to the Saints. Without going into detail I’ll just point out the final score. It was 10-12 Saints. I think everyone will agree the offense lost us the first game of the season. If you blame Dak, Zeke, JG, WRs, or OL.... it was the offenses fault.

Our second loss was to Green Bay, and the defense sucked right out of the gate allowing 14  first quarter points. But even if they had stepped up, they likely would have worn down eventually. The offense was a 3 and out machine being held scoreless in the first half. The defense was bad and then got worse when the offense couldn’t stay on the field. This was our biggest beat down of the season. 

Our third loss came to the lowly Jets. We scored 9 points in the first three quarters. The defense paid the price. The offense suddenly picked it up towards the end of the second half and amazingly our defense was good again holding the Jets to just 3 second half points. 

Our 4th loss was to Minnesota and our defense sucked. Offense was pretty good this game putting up 21 points in the first 3 quarters.

Our 5th loss was to NE and we scored 9 points total. That’s on the offense all the way.

Our 6th loss was to Buffalo. We scored 7 points in the first 3 quarters. That’s hard on a defense. 

Our 7th loss was to Chicago. We scored 7 points in the first 3 quarters. That’s hard on a defense.

Our 8th and final loss was to Philly. We scored 7 points total. That loss is all on the offense.

So to recap our performance in our 8 losses:

Saints: Bad offense 

Packers: Bad defense and offense 

Jets: Bad offense

Vikings: Bad defense 

Patriots: Bad offense 

Bills: Bad offense 

Bears: Bad offense 

Eagles: Bad offense 

In our 8 losses our average score was 17.125

Thats simply not enough points in the NFL to win games. Our defense allowed 23.125 pints per loss. That’s not horrible. Not great. But not as atrocious as some would have you believe. 

Everyone wants to blame the defense and special teams, but in our actual losses, the offense crapped the bed in every game except the Vikings loss.

• Like 1

In our 8 losses the offense averaged a whopping 9.5 points through the first 3 quarters of each loss.

Thats why Dak gets his garbage time hate. The offense was absolutely abysmal in the first 3 quarters of EVERY SINGLE LOSS, except the Vikings. In the 7 losses outside the Vikings loss, the offense averaged 7.8 points through the first 3 quarters....

But go off in Maher and the defense 

Im about to spew some truth to all of you.  @Matts4313, get your tissues ready cause this is about to get silly.  

So, this thread now has 120+ pages of graphs and cherry picked stats.  Here’s the truth.  Dak wants to be the highest paid QB in the history of the NFL and has turned down $175M.  The guys who are desperate to ride Dak’s Dak are so proud of his stats, graphs, value over replacement, etc which is really a lot of overblown nonsense.  

here it is... Dak played 6 games against the absolute worst teams in the NFL last year.  We are talking about teams drafting in the top 5 of the draft.  Does everyone realize that 19 of Dak’s 30 TD passes came against the redskins (#2 pick in draft), Lions (#3 pick in draft), Giants (#4 pick in draft), and dolphins (#5 pick in the draft)?  And, Dak only threw 3 INTs in those games. If you simply remove those 6 games against the bottom feeders of the NFL, Dak’s stats suddenly become VERY below average.  

In those other 10 games Dak threw 11 TDs and 8 INTs.  Let me repeat that for everyone... in the 10 games where Dak did NOT play against bottom 5 teams, DAK threw only 11 td passes and had 8 ints!!!

Now get this... Jameis Winston ( the guy who signed with the saints for $1.1M this season which happens to be $34M less per year than the contract Dak turned down) put up nearly identical stats against those teams.  Jameis was 23/37 for 380 yards with 3 tds and 1 int against the giants.  Jameis was 28/42 for 458 yards with 4 tds and 1 int against the lions.  But wait... it gets better!  Case Keenun and Dwayne Haskins combined to throw 28/37 for 302 yards with 3 TDs and 0 ints against the giants.   

Daniel Jones threw for 28/42 for 352 w/ 5 TDS and 0 ints against the redskins.  Jones also went 28/41 for 322 yards with 4 tds and 0 ints against the lions.  

Our own Andy Dalton went 33/56 for 396 yards w/ 4 TDs and 0 ints against the dolphins.  

guys, it’s not hard for below average QBs to put up impressive stats in 6 games against bottom 5 teams.  Dak did what what lots of other below average QBs did against the giants, redskins, dolphins and lions.  It’s really not that impressive.  Against non bottom 5 teams, Dak was well below average... 10 games, 11 TDs and 8 ints.  I’ll just close with this... case Keenum and Mason Rudolph both played in 10 games last year.  In those 10 games, case threw for 11 TDS and 5 ints (got benched).  Mason Rudolph in 10 games with 13 TDs and 9 ints (got smacked).  

Dak turned down $35M+ a year.  Jameis Winston will play for $1.1M next year.  The line between those 2 is razor thin.  Hell, I’ll say... give me Jameis plus $34M in cap space and I will give you a team far better than the cowboys as currently constituted with Dak.

Edited by The_Slamman
  • Like 6