Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

20 minutes ago, TheStarStillShines said:

The Boys averaged 2.6 yards per play yesterday. Yep, any QB could post great stats with the team's weapons. Sure the OL is decimated, but Dak played behind a ravaged OL all year. His ability to escape pressure plus his dual-threat ability were big reasons why the team could move the ball on offence. Dalton is a sitting duck in the pocket. 

Daks ability to escape pressure is significantly better than Dalton.

I due believe that when some comments not all were made about Dalton, was believing we would have Tyron and Martin playing.

As good as Dak was playing before he got hurt, not sure he could have played well yesterday with that line.

16 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I due believe that when some comments not all were made about Dalton, was believing we would have Tyron and Martin playing.

As good as Dak was playing before he got hurt, not sure he could have played well yesterday with that line.

Smith has only played 2 games this year, and the offence still produced when he was out and Dak was under center. Dak hid a lot of the team's protection problems with his quick release and mobility.

Even with this makeshift OL, I think the Boys would have had more than 142 yards in total offence and ran more than 15 plays in Redskins' territory (four coming after Pollard's KO return and the Boys had only two other series where they got into the offensive side of half). 

On 10/11/2020 at 8:10 PM, The_Slamman said:

I honestly feel horrible for Dak and wish him a speedy recovery.  I’d love to see him make it back by the end of the year.  There is a silver lining... we will have our answer by the end of the year whether even an average nfl QBs can play well with this offense (although I expect a lot of sacks).  

I think we have our answer and then some after 8+ quarters.  

Guessing Dak should be this teams QB for the next 7+ years but I am sure some anti-Dakers still troll around. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I dont know man. The only difference between this line and the line Dak was playing with is Martin. But the back up RG has done pretty well. Hasnt been playing poorly, anyways. Yet even with that:

Slam was "excited" for Dalton over Dak

DaBoys gave Dalton a "gameball" for his performance

Toll316 liked all those post while bashing Dak and then disappeared because he is a coward.

BayRaiders said Dalton was going to "show out" and put up big numbers.

Many others said "anyone can do it with those weapons" - - such as Cam Newton. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont know man. The only difference between this line and the line Dak was playing with is Martin. But the back up RG has done pretty well. Hasnt been playing poorly, anyways. Yet even with that:

Toll316 liked all those post while bashing Dak and then disappeared because he is a coward.

Receipts, nice.

It is obviously completely ok to not like a player, but some people probably should eat that crow. Think about where this team would be if you take away the Romo era and the thus far short Dak era (hopefully it get to continue).  This team and more importantly this front office is incapable of putting together a real contender and have gotten bailed out by amazing QB play.  It sucks because we as the fans are the ones who suffer, not the people making the decisions. 

38 minutes ago, TheStarStillShines said:

Smith has only played 2 games this year, and the offence still produced when he was out and Dak was under center. Dak hid a lot of the team's protection problems with his quick release and mobility.

Even with this makeshift OL, I think the Boys would have had more than 142 yards in total offence and ran more than 15 plays in Redskins' territory (four coming after Pollard's KO return and the Boys had only two other series where they got into the offensive side of half). 

Drops were also a big concern. We probably would have moved the ball better if CD didn’t have 3 drops, Schultz 1, and Zeke a crucial 1 inside the 10 yard line all before Dalton got hurt. Not to say Dalton was a game breaker, but his receivers and OL were a bigger problem than him. 

Also, when people were saying anybody could win with this team, they weren’t talking about this team. The Dak Prescott led Cowboys were 1-4 before he got hurt and should have been 0-5. The offense was better with our starting QB certainly, but mostly after halftime already down big. 

This team wasn’t winning with Dak. It’s not Andys fault they aren’t winning now. 

49 minutes ago, TheStarStillShines said:

I think the offense would have done better with Dak yesterday (really not hard to do) but I dont think we would have been seeing 35+ points like we did earlier with Dak.

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

McGovern had played well but not all pro Zack Martin well.

I think the other difference as silly as it sounds was Brandon Knight. Besides the Arizona game, he played pretty well. Sure he had some bad plays but I think he was pretty solid for the most part.

Another difference is Washington's line is on a different level than the other teams we faced.

Not trying to take anything away from Dak, he has played extremely well all year. I just dont see him playing well against Washington with that Oline.

6 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Drops were also a big concern. We probably would have moved the ball better if CD didn’t have 3 drops, Schultz 1, and Zeke a crucial 1 inside the 10 yard line all before Dalton got hurt. Not to say Dalton was a game breaker, but his receivers and OL were a bigger problem than him. 

You love making excuses for Dalton. And although CD had a terrible game, the pass to Zeke was on both of them. 

Also, when people were saying anybody could win with this team, they weren’t talking about this team. The Dak Prescott led Cowboys were 1-4 before he got hurt and should have been 0-5.

"The Dak Prescott team was 1-4 and should have been 4-1 (5-1 w/Giants) if it wasnt for the defense"

Also, the halftime thing is flat wrong. Depending on how you define "down big". Rams never down below 6. Seahawks were 1 point with 11 seconds in the half. Browns was a 10 point game at half. Giants Cowboys led at half.

You cant just spew BS and pretend its true.

This team wasn’t winning with Dak. It’s not Andys fault they aren’t winning now. 

How about not be completely pathetic? Are you really that stubborn that you cant see our offense is completely pathetic without Dak?

Good team around him, bad team around him, fact is Dak Prescott is 20-19 in his last 39 starts, including playoffs. That’s all of this year, all of last year, and all of 2018 put together. He’s a .500 QB. 29-26 over the last 3+ years.

Now let’s take out 2018 and just look at the last year and a half. Dak is 9-12 in his last 21 games as a starter. 

What about his last 16 games? Because a 16 game sample seems relevant to the NFL. Dak Prescott is 6-10 in his last 16 starts. 

Has he been the biggest problem over the last 3 seasons? Maybe not. But he is clearly not capable of winning consistently with this team(or teams) either. He probably shouldn’t get paid like he is a one man wrecking crew. 

All of you are so scared of the dark ages you don’t realize just how bad we’ve been over the last 55 games.

Edited by DaBoys

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Also, the halftime thing is flat wrong. Depending on how you define "down big". Rams never down below 6. Seahawks were 1 point with 11 seconds in the half. Browns was a 10 point game at half. Giants Cowboys led at half.

You are literally the only person on the planet that doesn’t view the Falcons, Browns, Seahawks, and Giants as HUGE failed comeback efforts. We’ve already had this debate and you got shut down by @Nextyearfordaboyz

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Good team around him, bad team around him, fact is Dak Prescott is 20-19 in his last 39 starts, including playoffs. That’s all of this year, all of last year, and all of 2018 put together. He’s a .500 QB. 29-26 over the last 3+ years.

The Cowboys record is 42-27 when Dak is the QB.

Now let’s take out 2018 and just look at the last year and a half. Dak is 9-12 in his last 21 games as a starter. 

What about his last 16 games? Because a 16 game sample seems relevant to the NFL. Dak Prescott is 6-10 in his last 16 starts. 

lmao.

HOF Drew Brees is a loser because the Saints went 21-26 from 2014-2016.

HOF Elway is mediocre because his team was just over .500 in the early 90's

HOF Steve Young sucks because the Bucs had a losing record his first 7 years or whatever.

What about HOF Aikmans last 3 seasons?????? .500. Such a bad QB

SEE HOW STUPID YOU SOUND? Wins are a team stat. QBs just have the most influence from a single player.

Has he been the biggest problem over the last 3 seasons? Maybe not. But he is clearly not capable of winning consistently with this team(or teams) either. He probably shouldn’t get paid like he is a one man wrecking crew. 

"Clearly" - lol. Not clear. Just a very bad hot take, Shannon. 

All of you are so scared of the dark ages you don’t realize just how bad we’ve been over the last 40 games.

The NFL is designed for parity. This is the by product of how the game is constructed. In a perfect NFL world, each team would win a superbowl once every 33 years.

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

You are literally the only person on the planet that doesn’t view the Falcons, Browns, Seahawks, and Giants as HUGE failed comeback efforts. We’ve already had this debate and you got shut down by @Nextyearfordaboyz

Nah. I didnt. He corrected me on snaps with a lead. Which was a different argument altogether. But feel free to keep this up:

img_3804.gif

The Dark Ages is a term we use for the era between Troy Aikman and Tony Romo. 

Dak Prescott is 29-26 in his last 55 starts.

Tony Romo made his real debut in week 7, 2006 against the Giants. I wonder what the Cowboys record was over the 55 games leading up to the end of the dark ages? Surely it can’t be anywhere near as good as we’ve had it with Dak, right?

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The Cowboys record is 42-27 when Dak is the QB.

lmao.

HOF Drew Brees is a loser because the Saints went 21-26 from 2014-2016.

HOF Elway is mediocre because his team was just over .500 in the early 90's

HOF Steve Young sucks because the Bucs had a losing record his first 7 years or whatever.

What about HOF Aikmans last 3 seasons?????? .500. Such a bad QB

SEE HOW STUPID YOU SOUND? Wins are a team stat. QBs just have the most influence from a single player.

"Clearly" - lol. Not clear. Just a very bad hot take, Shannon. 

The NFL is designed for parity. This is the by product of how the game is constructed. In a perfect NFL world, each team would win a superbowl once every 33 years.

Nah. I didnt. He corrected me on snaps with a lead. Which was a different argument altogether. But feel free to keep this up:

img_3804.gif

I challenge you to find 1 person who will back you up. Just one person that will take your side.

Find me one other person that isn’t you, that thinks we weren’t getting the crap beat out of us in the first half of every game.

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

The Dark Ages is a term we use for the era between Troy Aikman and Tony Romo. 

Dak Prescott is 29-26 in his last 55 starts.

Tony Romo made his real debut in week 7, 2006 against the Giants. I wonder what the Cowboys record was over the 55 games leading up to the end of the dark ages? Surely it can’t be anywhere near as good as we’ve had it with Dak, right?

The answer is 28-27