Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

So would the Cowboys consider Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields if they had the opportunity?

“Dak’s our quarterback. We’re so fired up about him and him leading us into the future,” Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said Monday, via Jon Machota of TheAthletic.com.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/09/stephen-jones-were-fired-up-about-our-future-with-dak-prescott/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

It doesn’t sound like he was answering/responding to that question directly. Of course they will consider ALL of the top prospects regardless of position. It’s what good teams do. 

Edited by DaBoys

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

It doesn’t sound like he was answering/responding to that question directly. Of course they will consider ALL of the top prospects regardless of position. It’s what good teams do. 

Nevermind 🙄

Yes, it's crazy to bring the idea up and I'm answering yes," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said when asked during an appearance on 105.3 The Fanif it was crazy to consider a quarterback with a presumably high first-round pick for Dallas. "We're playing games here, guys, but it's not the thing to be talking about at all. Dak Prescott is our quarterback.

Edited by DaBoys

12 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

So, cam Newton (at $1m salary) With a bunch of nobodies just beat the ravens... something Dak absolutely could not have done under similar circumstances.  That game would have been an L every time with Dak.  

Cam Newton has Bill Belichick

1 hour ago, Drained said:

Cam Newton has Bill Belichick

Slam is trolling because he wants to stand firm in his Cam/Dalton are roughly as good as Dak opinion. Which is beyond stupid.

17 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I think @The_Slamman is saying that the outcome would be the same regardless of the coach. If he isn’t, then I am. We’d lose every time.

Meh. The Ravens are beatable. Its hard to say what this team would be with billy b. But it would absolutely be better. Dak is better than Wentz or Cam, but is he better enough to overcome the rest of the roster? 

Who knows.

15 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

So, cam Newton (at $1m salary) With a bunch of nobodies just beat the ravens... something Dak absolutely could not have done under similar circumstances.  That game would have been an L every time with Dak.  

Although I wholefully agree with everything in this post.

I will say out of respect for Dak, QB talent and development in prospects is plentiful in the top of the draft these days.

It has less to do with Dak and more to do with the talent available in the draft at the QB position.

Once we start winning with a young QB  and more resources to spend around the roster all this dead horse - Dak talk will solve itself.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

Giving Newton the credit for the Patriots beating the Ravens is pure idiocy, considering the Patriots ran the ball 39 times and Newton threw a total of 17 passes. The Pats' defence also played exceptionally well. If Dallas had NE's defence, maybe they win more games when Dak was healthy. But hey, let's blame the QB for not stopping the opposition from scoring. 

• Like 2