Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

54 minutes ago, D82 said:

Would you agree that the defense has played far better than it has in probably those 20 games?

In all of those 20 games?  No.

However, the bigger point...  certainly, you would agree that when you are paying your QB by himself almost as much as you are paying the entire starting defense that the QB is expected be able to overcome poor defensive play, right? 

5 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

However, the bigger point...  certainly, you would agree that when you are paying your QB by himself almost as much as you are paying the entire starting defense that the QB is expected be able to overcome poor defensive play, right? 

Yeah, there’s no way the defense is better now than they have been in all 20 of Daks last starts. But they are playing okay the last two weeks. 

The uh defense wasn’t that good yesterday. We won with the offense. There were nearly 60 points scored yesterday 

Edited by DaBoys

And whether the defense was good or bad doesn’t really matter. Game winning drives are when we are losing by a score with not much time left. Whether that score was 63-60 or 3-0 it doesn’t matter. The QB gets the GWD if he can lead the drive

14 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Just looked it up. Dak costs more than the entire starting defense. Well, he does if you don’t include our second highest paid defender in Tyrone Crawford who is getting $9.1M this year and a dead cap of just $1M. How is he still on this team!?

20 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Just looked it up. Dak costs more than the entire starting defense. Well, he does if you don’t include our second highest paid defender in Tyrone Crawford who is getting $9.1M this year and a dead cap of just $1M. How is he still on this team!?

You two keep twisting. Dak $31m, Defense $60m, which is closer to 50% not "almost as much". 

2019 - ~40m in defensive cap on 5 people, $2m at QB 

2018 - ~$40m in cap space on 3 defensive players, ~$300k at QB (top 53)

etc etc etc

The defensive spending hasnt been lacking. Throwing money at underperforming vets isnt going to solve sheet. No matter how much you guys keep pretending it will. 

Defense:

DLaw - $9.9M / Jaylon Smith - $7.7M / Sean Lee $4.5M / Anthony Brown $3.2M / LVE $3.3M / JLewis $2.3M / Woods $2.1M / Awuzie $1.3M / Darian Thompson $1.1M / Aldon Smith $1.3M / Tryston Hill $1.1M / Neville Galimore $0.7M

Those are our 12 highest paid defenders, not including Crawford. They are 2 DEs, 2 DTs, 3 LBs, 2 safeties, and 3 CBs. So 11 starters and 1 bench player. 

Total cap hit = $36.1M

Offense:

Dak Prescott $31.4M

1 QB. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

You two keep twisting. Dak $31m, Defense $60m, which is closer to 50% not "almost as much". 

2019 - ~40m in defensive cap on 5 people, $2m at QB 

2018 - ~$40m in cap space on 3 defensive players, ~$300k at QB (top 53)

etc etc etc

The defensive spending hasnt been lacking. Throwing money at underperforming vets isnt going to solve sheet. No matter how much you guys keep pretending it will. 

“Starting” defense. Not everyone on the roster that plays defense. Even though that’s close as well as you pointed out

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

“Starting” defense. Not everyone on the roster that plays defense. Even though that’s close as well as you pointed out

"Starting" defense *.

*after you manipulate it by using Week 11 roster, exclude people who have been cut or injured, exclude people you dont want on the list, exclude any historical data.

Fixed your manipulation. Youre welcome!

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

"Starting" defense *.

*after you manipulate it by using Week 11 roster, exclude people who have been cut or injured, exclude people you dont want on the list, exclude any historical data.

Fixed your manipulation. Youre welcome!

We said starting defense from the beginning of the conversation. You can’t just quote two people, not really read what they said, correct them, and once informed you misread.... accuse them of manipulation. 

30 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

costs more than the entire starting defense.

45 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

when you are paying your QB by himself almost as much as you are paying the entire starting defense 

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

We said starting defense from the beginning of the conversation. You can’t just quote two people, not really read what they said, correct them, and once informed you misread.... accuse them of manipulation. 

"Starting" defense *.

(still applies) 

21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

,exclude people who have been cut or injured, exclude people you dont want on the list, exclude any historical data.

That’s not true. I used the 12 highest paid guys. Including T. Hill at DT who is on IR, bro. Would you rather me include Woods? Because he’s the real starter and costs a lot less. Taking out Crawford is a bit of manipulation ill give you that. But he sucks.  

And what historical data would you like me to include? I’ll give it a shot:

Dak costs almost as much as the entire defense, and The team was first known as the Dallas Steers, then the Dallas Rangers. On March 19, 1960, the organization announced that the team name was the Cowboys to avoid confusion with the American Association Dallas Rangers baseball team. 

Boom. Stats and historical data

Edited by DaBoys

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

That’s not true. I used the 12 highest paid guys. Including Hill DT who is on IR, bro. Would you rather me include Woods? Because he’s the real starter and coats a lot less. Taking out Crawford is a bit of manipulation ill give you that. But he sucks.  

And what historical data would you like me to include? I’ll give it a shot:

Dak costs almost as much as the entire defense, and The team was first known as the Dallas Steers, then the Dallas Rangers. On March 19, 1960, the organization announced that the team name was the Cowboys to avoid confusion with the American Association Dallas Rangers baseball team. 

Boom. Stats and historical data

I already gave it to you from 2019 and 2018. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I already gave it to you from 2019 and 2018. 

In 2018 we won the East, went 10-6, and beat the Seahawks in the playoffs. Im not sure what your point is. Yes we were better when Dak was cheaper. I agree.

Just now, DaBoys said:

In 2018 we won the East, went 10-6, and beat the Seahawks in the playoffs. Im not sure what your point is. Yes we were better when Dak was cheaper. I agree.

We are spending 1000% more on defense than starting QB this year and our D is historically bad.