Jump to content

Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse


Recommended Posts

Just now, DaBoys said:

No... we aren’t. I don’t even know how you came to that conclusion 

Dalton is our starting QB at $3m. Our starting defense is $30m. Or 10x's the amount. 

Its simple Math, DaBoys. 

 

(this is me totally not manipulating stats like you... to mock you.)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Matts, I’m not going to lie... history speaking, your “the running game does not matter” is probably still the benchmark for stupidest things you’ve ever said.  But asking us to include the salaries of defense players who got CUT into “starting players on defense” is right there.  It is comical however (however unintentional).  
 

Me:  Dak makes almost as much money by himself as the entire starting defense.

 

Matts:  you forgot Haha Clinton-Dix.

 

Me:  Matts, I said starting defense.  Haha isn’t on the team.  Therefore he’s not starting.

 

Matts:  You forgot Gerald McCoy.

 

Me:  that dude got cut after he got injured in the preseason.  He’s not on the team.

Matts:  Fine, you forgot donatari Poe.

 

Me:  that guy got cut weeks ago.  He’s not on the team.

 

Matts:  oh yeah, well, you forgot Byron Jones, Malik Collins and Anthony Hitchens.

 

 

Edited by The_Slamman
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Matts, I’m not going to lie... history speaking, your “the running game does not matter” is probably still the benchmark for stupidest things you’ve ever said.  But asking us to include the salaries of defense players who got CUT into “starting players on defense” is right there.  It is comical however (however unintentional).  
 

Me:  Dak makes almost as much money by himself as the entire starting defense.

 

Matts:  you forgot Haha Clinton-Dix.

 

Me:  Matts, I said starting defense.  Haha isn’t on the team.  Therefore he’s not starting.

 

Matts:  You forgot Gerald McCoy.

 

Me:  that dude got cut after he got injured in the preseason.  He’s not on the team.

Matts:  Fine, you forgot donatari Poe.

 

Me:  that guy got cut weeks ago.  He’s not on the team.

 

Matts:  oh yeah, well, you forgot Byron Jones, Malik Collins and Anthony Hitchens.

 

 

more trollbait. You arent even rational anymore. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

In all of those 20 games?  No.

However, the bigger point...  certainly, you would agree that when you are paying your QB by himself almost as much as you are paying the entire starting defense that the QB is expected be able to overcome poor defensive play, right? 

Mahomes has been bailed out by his defense. Jackson. I can go on.

Even the best QBs have bad games and need the other parts of the team to come up big from time to time.
 

But more often than not Dak has made the plays to put this team in position to win, only for the defense to give up more points, or the STs to blow a FG or give up a big return. 

It happened when Romo was here, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw the discussion about game winning drives (GWD), and wow, what a disingenuous argument against Dak.

  1. It's a raw totals stat that is victim to circumstance... the number of GWD opportunity could vary drastically from team to team
  2. It's a cherry picked, small sample size, statistically insignificant data point... if you look at their whole careers, Dak has more GWDs per game than Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers. 
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So bottom line and chime options are:

1 - keep Dalton  And not offer Dak a tag.  Also add how many years do you expect it to take for this team to be  SB contender 

2 - keep Dak  Again also add how many years to be super bowl contender 

For the above option presume getting our two injured starting  pro bowl level OL back next year

I pick 2. And say 1 - 2 years max

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

Matts, I’m not going to lie... history speaking, your “the running game does not matter” is probably still the benchmark for stupidest things you’ve ever said.  But asking us to include the salaries of defense players who got CUT into “starting players on defense” is right there.  It is comical however (however unintentional).  
 

Me:  Dak makes almost as much money by himself as the entire starting defense.

 

Matts:  you forgot Haha Clinton-Dix.

 

Me:  Matts, I said starting defense.  Haha isn’t on the team.  Therefore he’s not starting.

 

Matts:  You forgot Gerald McCoy.

 

Me:  that dude got cut after he got injured in the preseason.  He’s not on the team.

Matts:  Fine, you forgot donatari Poe.

 

Me:  that guy got cut weeks ago.  He’s not on the team.

 

Matts:  oh yeah, well, you forgot Byron Jones, Malik Collins and Anthony Hitchens.

 

 

Let's keep the discussions to football - and not about each other. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I just saw the discussion about game winning drives (GWD), and wow, what a disingenuous argument against Dak.

  1. It's a raw totals stat that is victim to circumstance... the number of GWD opportunity could vary drastically from team to team
  2. It's a cherry picked, small sample size, statistically insignificant data point... if you look at their whole careers, Dak has more GWDs per game than Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers. 

To your point, I just read that Mahomes just had his first ever GWD last night. He is pretty good.

31 minutes ago, quiller said:

So bottom line and chime options are:

1 - keep Dalton  And not offer Dak a tag.  Also add how many years do you expect it to take for this team to be  SB contender 

2 - keep Dak  Again also add how many years to be super bowl contender 

For the above option presume getting our two injured starting  pro bowl level OL back next year

I pick 2. And say 1 - 2 years max

Option 1: We dont win a superbowl for probably at least a decade.

Option 2: we put ourselves in a position to compete for one for probably a decade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

To your point, I just read that Mahomes just had his first ever GWD last night. He is pretty good.

I’ve always looked at the whole GWD thing as terribly overrated. Is it a factor of success? Sure, but it gets so overblown that it really lacks proper context and value.

To me, if your defense is doing its job and your QB and RB are doing their jobs, then GWDs are often dramatically reduced. So, having very few doesn’t diminish the greatness of a player nor does having a ton of them make a player great.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

So Dak doesn’t have a GWD in his last 20 starts because he hasn’t had the opportunity? Is that true? I doubt it. Most NFL games are decided by 1 score

Ok...let's go through this.

Last full game start: Week 4, @ Cleveland a 49-38 loss. With 3:42 left in the game, Dak throws a TD to Cooper to make it 41-38, down by just 4. Less than 20 seconds later, the defense gives up a 50 yard TD to Odell Beckham. 

Week 3, 38-31 loss @ Seattle. Drives team down the field with 3:59 left, Zeurlein kicks a FG, puts the team ahead 31-30. Defense gives up a 29 yard TD with 1:47 left, Dallas loses. 

Week 2 - Does this not count as a GWD? I mean, he drove the team down the field and then ran it in himself to make it a 39-37 ball game. Then the onside kick was recovered, Dak throws a 24 yard pass to Lamb, Zeke picks up 2 yards and then Zeurlein kicks the GW FG. 

Week 1 - Gallup gets a BS OPI call in this one, right? On a drive that likely would have resulted in points. 

I can go back further, but like I said...Week 2 would count as a GWD for me...so....

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, D82 said:

Ok...let's go through this.

Last full game start: Week 4, @ Cleveland a 49-38 loss. With 3:42 left in the game, Dak throws a TD to Cooper to make it 41-38, down by just 4. Less than 20 seconds later, the defense gives up a 50 yard TD to Odell Beckham. 

Week 3, 38-31 loss @ Seattle. Drives team down the field with 3:59 left, Zeurlein kicks a FG, puts the team ahead 31-30. Defense gives up a 29 yard TD with 1:47 left, Dallas loses. 

Week 2 - Does this not count as a GWD? I mean, he drove the team down the field and then ran it in himself to make it a 39-37 ball game. Then the onside kick was recovered, Dak throws a 24 yard pass to Lamb, Zeke picks up 2 yards and then Zeurlein kicks the GW FG. 

Week 1 - Gallup gets a BS OPI call in this one, right? On a drive that likely would have resulted in points. 

I can go back further, but like I said...Week 2 would count as a GWD for me...so....

The Atlanta WAS a GWD. He had zero the season before. So 1 GWD in his last 20 starts.

 In the Seattle game you say the defense gave up a TD with a minute 47 left. So Dak had one more drive, no? Dak threw a pick in his past drive vs the Browns to Ward remember? And the Rams game SHOULD have been a GWD if not for the flop by Ramsey. But it is what it is. 
 

Then there were 16 games last year...

Edited by DaBoys
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...