Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Drew Brees.... Teddy Bridgewater... Jameis Winston.... Taysom Hill

it doesn’t matter. They just keep winning

What do all those guys have that we don't? 

I'll clue you in, it starts with a D. 

14 minutes ago, D82 said:

What do all those guys have that we don't? 

I'll clue you in, it starts with a D. 

I hear that Sean Payton guy is decent too. 

No matter though.  I’ll show myself out

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Hey, do you guys remember when I said NE would be better with Cam at $1M per than the cowboys while paying Dak $31M?  Remember when that was an actual discussion?  Good times!  

I still think members here don't get the idea that no one thinks Dak is trash just that sinking 40 million into a QB when you have huge holes everywhere on the team is not a good idea. 

2 hours ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

I still think members here don't get the idea that no one thinks Dak is trash just that sinking 40 million into a QB when you have huge holes everywhere on the team is not a good idea. 

Slam has explicitly and repeatedly trashed Dak, especially in comparison to Cam, *not* just that it's a value thing. According to him, Cam "does more with less" and he's "more of a winner". And then when people claim that's ludicrous, suddenly the debate is just "I'm just saying we could utilize that cap space more efficiently"

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

37 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Slam has explicitly and repeatedly trashed Dak, especially in comparison to Cam, *not* just that it's a value thing. According to him, Cam "does more with less" and he's "more of a winner". And then when people claim that's ludicrous, suddenly the debate is just "I'm just saying we could utilize that cap space more efficiently"

Wait a second... are you saying that Cam has better weapons than Dak?  Are you really saying that Cam’s receivers are better than CeeDee,, Cooper and Gallup?  Or that his running backs are better than Zeke?  Really?

That is not hating.  That’s just pointing out the obvious.  And looking at their careers... which QB was won more playoff games?  Cam is more of a winner.  He has won the nfc championship. He has 3 playoff wins, 4 losses.  Dak has 1 playoff win, 3 losses.  Dak has only won a wildcard game.  If you want to go back to college... Cam has won the championship.  Dak won Liberty Bowl.  Again, that’s not hating.  Just pointing out the obvious.

people are so sensitive about Dak that they literally say the dumbest things... apparently the Dallas Cowboys should be trading CeeDee, Gallup and Cooper for Harry, Meyers and Olszewski straight up because that’s where the real talent is.  

Edited by The_Slamman

54 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Wait a second... are you saying that Cam has better weapons than Dak?  Are you really saying that Cam’s receivers are better than CeeDee,, Cooper and Gallup?  Or that his running backs are better than Zeke?  Really?

That is not hating.  That’s just pointing out the obvious.  And looking at their careers... which QB was won more playoff games?  Cam is more of a winner.  He has won the nfc championship. He has 3 playoff wins, 4 losses.  Dak has 1 playoff win, 3 losses.  Dak has only won a wildcard game.  If you want to go back to college... Cam has won the championship.  Dak won Liberty Bowl.  Again, that’s not hating.  Just pointing out the obvious.

people are so sensitive about Dak that they literally say the dumbest things... apparently the Dallas Cowboys should be trading CeeDee, Gallup and Cooper for Harry, Meyers and Olszewski straight up because that’s where the real talent is.  

See @cowboyfanin2890, Slam literally thinks the current exceedingly mediocre form of Cam Newton is better than Dak.

And that's how we know the argument about dumping Dak isn't about allocation of salary cap, it's about an irrational dislike of Dak.

44 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

See @cowboyfanin2890, Slam literally thinks the current exceedingly mediocre form of Cam Newton is better than Dak.

And that's how we know the argument about dumping Dak isn't about allocation of salary cap, it's about an irrational dislike of Dak.

I think there are people irrational on both sides of the Dak argument.

To say that Cam is better than Dak at this point in their careers, is ridiculous. If you want to say that Cam has achieved more during his career, that is fair and valid.

I think there is a fair argument of taking a lesser QB and spending the $35 million elsewhere. I also see the other side of can we trust our front office to spend that $35 million wisely.

I personally, would lean towards having Trevor/Fields and using the money to spend on defense. If their not available, trade down, get some picks and take a CB.

3 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Funny you're saying people on here say the dumbest things yet you're comparing Cam Newton to Dak Prescott lol.

Looking at their careers, Cam Newton had a lot of bad years but yes hes achieved more than Dak has, that's not a debate. 

But to imply that Cam is playing better than Dak this year is so stupid lol. Dak Prescott was on record pace before he was injured, he had 9TDs to 4INTs in 5 games, Cam Newton has 5 TDs to 9INTs in ELEVEN GAMES, Dak had 1850yds passing in 5 games, Cam is at 2000 in 11. Cam Newton has been playing trash this season and I was a big proponent for him, I hope they bring him back for another year, maybe it was COVID-19 but the entire reason for NE's success is its coaching staff, they could achieve the same results with Josh Dobbs lol.

And don't make anyone here compared Lamb, Gallup and Cooper to N'Keal Harry lol, dude is a complete bust. You're trolling at this point seriously.

Edited by Drained
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

That's just ignorant.  I've been saying all along that it's all about the cap management not the players.  Cam at $1M + $30M in other players is better than just Dak at $31M.  Just to put things in context... Hell yes, I would rather have Cam, Stephon Gilmore, and Devin McCourty ($30.4M against the cap) than Dak by himself at $31M against the cap.

Just to be clear... I'm also saying that the Cowboys have a better chance of winning over the next 5 years if we trade Dak to the highest bidder which would probably yield 2 first round draft picks.  IMO rookie QB, + 2 first round draft picks + $30M in other players is way better than just Dak by himself at $37M.  

1 hour ago, Drained said:

Funny you're saying people on here say the dumbest things yet you're comparing Cam Newton to Dak Prescott lol.

Looking at their careers, Cam Newton had a lot of bad years but yes hes achieved more than Dak has, that's not a debate. 

But to imply that Cam is playing better than Dak this year is so stupid lol. Dak Prescott was on record pace before he was injured, he had 9TDs to 4INTs in 5 games, Cam Newton has 5 TDs to 9INTs in ELEVEN GAMES, Dak had 1850yds passing in 5 games, Cam is at 2000 in 11. Cam Newton has been playing trash this season and I was a big proponent for him, I hope they bring him back for another year, maybe it was COVID-19 but the entire reason for NE's success is its coaching staff, they could achieve the same results with Josh Dobbs lol.

And don't make anyone here compared Lamb, Gallup and Cooper to N'Keal Harry lol, dude is a complete bust. You're trolling at this point seriously.

I never said Cam is better than Dak.  Go ahead and research this one.  We'll wait patiently while you never find it.  Again, I said that Cam at $1M is better than Dak at $31M.  Why?  Because that extra $30M can provide a helluva supporting cast.  

8 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

That's just ignorant.  I've been saying all along that it's all about the cap management not the players.  Cam at $1M + $30M in other players is better than just Dak at $31M.  Just to put things in context... Hell yes, I would rather have Cam, Stephon Gilmore, and Devin McCourty ($30.4M against the cap) than Dak by himself at $31M against the cap.

Just to be clear... I'm also saying that the Cowboys have a better chance of winning over the next 5 years if we trade Dak to the highest bidder which would probably yield 2 first round draft picks.  IMO rookie QB, + 2 first round draft picks + $30M in other players is way better than just Dak by himself at $37M.  

Dak for $1M or Cam for $1M?