Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

10 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I think we can learn a lot about the Dak debate from the Texans & Watson this year..

Texans were in a unique situation that:

1. They suck a drafting and developing talent.

2. They made horrific, horrific trades

3. Their team/players hate their front office.

4. Their coach was the GM. And he was not good at either job.

5. Their coach/GM were fired halfway through the season.

I dont think the Texans reflect on any other team, really. Is it possible for a good QB to have a bad record? Of course. But how often does that happen? Normally if you have an excellent QB, you are competitive enough to be better than 4-12.

EDIT: Also - forgot to add - their HOF, best player ever, JJ Watt basically called out the team for being a bunch of lazy quitters.

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont think the Texans reflect on any other team, really. Is it possible for a good QB to have a bad record? Of course. But how often does that happen? Normally if you have an excellent QB, you are competitive enough to be better than 4-12.

Also, the revelation of "you need more than just a good QB" is weak. Yeah, no kidding. You pretty much figure that the first year you start watching football as a child. People actually watch his YouTube show for insight like that?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

EDIT: Also - forgot to add - their HOF, best player ever, JJ Watt basically called out the team for being a bunch of lazy quitters.

Yeah, there's really nothing to learn from that situation if you're trying to say paying your QB is a bad idea. 

We need to get this thread to 200 pages just because. Have we had a player who elicits such strong opinions as Dak?  Maybe Pat McQuistan. I'm saying Dak gets franchised again.

1 hour ago, Northland said:

We need to get this thread to 200 pages just because. Have we had a player who elicits such strong opinions as Dak?  Maybe Pat McQuistan. I'm saying Dak gets franchised again.

source.gif

Buh Gawd, thats @plan9misfit @The_Slamman music.

Lets hear the song.

Edited by Matts4313
2 hours ago, Northland said:

I can almost guarantee this crap front office of ours will tag him again, just so they can fart around and drag this out longer than it needs to be. 

2 minutes ago, D82 said:
2 hours ago, Northland said:

I can almost guarantee this crap front office of ours will tag him again, just so they can fart around and drag this out longer than it needs to be. 

Why pay him $33m/yr 2 years ago if you can pay him $43m/y year next year. amiright?

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Why pay him $33m/yr 2 years ago if you can pay him $43m/y year next year. amiright?

Sadly I think you may be right.  Although I think that as much as Dak will tow the company line and say the right thing if he gets franchised again this off season I think he plays the season in Dallas and looks to get a deal done elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah...brilliant strategy. 

1 minute ago, Northland said:

Sadly I think you may be right.  Although I think that as much as Dak will tow the company line and say the right thing if he gets franchised again this off season I think he plays the season in Dallas and looks to get a deal done elsewhere.

I think he really wants to stay here and bring Dallas a championship, but yeah...if they **** him around again, I'd walk to.

7 hours ago, D82 said:

Yeah...brilliant strategy. 

I think he really wants to stay here and bring Dallas a championship, but yeah...if they **** him around again, I'd walk to.

Everyone has an ego and a breaking point.  If Dak is franchised I think he will see what deal he can get elsewhere once the season is over.

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I'm going to bookmark this page for when our depth suffers in the future because of Dak's contract if it is indeed big.

Our inability to create a team with depth has regularly been a problem for a more than 2 decades now. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2