Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

23 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:
27 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Keep in mind that we can tag both this year iirc

We also have significant cap space as well don't we. Cooper better be more consistent for the money he could be getting though.

Someone said there is a possible clause for a transition tag along with a franchise. But I am pretty sure that is not allowed under the current CBA. Its something to do with a gap in the rules. 

I would tag Cooper. Maybe even for 2 years. I would recoup my first if possible. But if its true he wants Julio $$ - Ill pass on that. 

Edited by Matts4313

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Someone said there is a possible clause for a transition tag along with a franchise. But I am pretty sure that is not allowed under the current CBA. Its something to do with a gap in the rules. 

Sounds like something Jerry and Dan Snyder will take advantage of then get penalized for later

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Does anyone think an OBJ/Coop trade is feasible? Would you do it?

Idk why the Browns would. They'd have to sign a new deal with Coop and currently have a great deal with OBJ coming in off trade after he signed with the Giants

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Idk why the Browns would. They'd have to sign a new deal with Coop and currently have a great deal with OBJ coming in off trade after he signed with the Giants

It would have to be a work around I think. Like we trade cooper to someone for a first, then flip a pick to the Browns. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It would have to be a work around I think. Like we trade cooper to someone for a first, then flip a pick to the Browns. 

I absolutely loathe OBJs attitude. That said, we have a organization that can handle him. I wouldn't hate a straight up trade.

34 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

That would be the hang up, unless of course OBJ really does want out of Cleveland as he indicated late in season.

48 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I would tag Cooper. Maybe even for 2 years. I would recoup my first if possible. But if its true he wants Julio $$ - Ill pass on that. 

I think this is the loophole year where we can use the franchise and transition tag.

Either way I wouldnt pay Coop more than $17 mil a year. Rather resign Cobb and sign someone like Emmanuel Sanders. Get both for the price of Coop and draft a receiver in the 2nd