Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

40 million here ya come!!!:ph34r:

I wonder if this came before or after Stephen came out and said they are not going to set the market on contacts. 

Either way Jerry seriously needs to be slapped around until he learns not to undermine Stephen. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I wonder if this came before or after Stephen came out and said they are not going to set the market on contacts. 

Either way Jerry seriously needs to be slapped around until he learns not to undermine Stephen. 

Yea I think we'll be waiting awhile.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

40 million here ya come!!!:ph34r:

I just don't understand this.

"If a player says out of their mouth that its not about the money. "

Then proceeds to say that "he doesn't want to be the highest paid player."

When asked why? He says because I haven't won the Superbowl yet. This whole statement should take 36-40mil out of the question.

3 minutes ago, eagles suck said:

I just don't understand this.

"If a player says out of their mouth that its not about the money. "

Then proceeds to say that "he doesn't want to be the highest paid player."

When asked why? He says because I haven't won the Superbowl yet. This whole statement should take 36-40mil out of the question.

Wouldn't be the first time a player said the right thing oh, but did not mean it. It's called politicking

On 1/21/2020 at 8:32 AM, atran35 said:

LOL. I agree...that's nuts. Rather sign a medicated AB if we going the DIVA route. 

AB’s actions will likely land him in jail, so OBJ, by default, is more reasonable. Also, we already have the biggest diva in all of sports on our team: Jerry Jones.

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Can you pull quotes for the SJ comments?

Edited by Matts4313

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:
On 1/21/2020 at 10:32 AM, atran35 said:

LOL. I agree...that's nuts. Rather sign a medicated AB if we going the DIVA route. 

AB’s actions will likely land him in jail, so OBJ, by default, is more reasonable. Also, we already have the biggest diva in all of sports on our team: Jerry Jones.

OBJ is much more Dez Bryant than anyone in this forum wants to admit. 

He is not AB. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Can you pull quotes for the SJ comments?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001038182/article/stephen-jones-cowboys-wont-be-a-marketsetter

We can't push the issue unless we want to be a market-setter. And we're damn sure not going to be a market-setter, because of all the things that go with being a Dallas Cowboy.

We want to be fair. We want our players to feel good about their contract. But at the same time, we don't want to do things that are out of line because we can't afford to be that way. Whether it's Dak, whether it's Amari, whether it's Zeke, they all understand we've got a whole group of young players coming behind them that want to be Dallas Cowboys and want to stay here. When we save money, whether it's with Dak, whether it's with Zeke, whether it's with Amari, it's not saving Jerry and I a dollar. It's just money that's going to go to another player. ... We're very convicted that we're going to get these deals done.

I've had some qualms about Stephen, but he knows what it takes to build a great team at least from the financial side of things. 

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

18 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001038182/article/stephen-jones-cowboys-wont-be-a-marketsetter

I've had some qualms about Stephen, but he knows what it takes to build a great team at least from the financial side of things. 

To answer your question, they came after :P

(I was just being a D!ck)

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

To add real talk:

I *do* think SJ has done well. I also think the Zeke and Dlaw contracts were questionable. I kinda feel like SJ has been playing both sides of the fence with Dak. A lot of "were close" but "Dak needs to work with us".

SJ recently:

"It's been urgent for us. We certainly want to get that done," Jones said. "That's our No. 1 priority as we go into the offseason – to get his contract, find some resolution to it and get it done."

Have you gotten a fair look at a, potentially, $35 million QB?

Jones: We have all the confidence in the world in Dak. We’ve never blinked on that. We had a very aggressive offer out there every step of the way. We certainly understood that if he stepped it up — and I think Dak has given us every opportunity to have success this year. I’m as bullish about Dak as I’ve ever been.

“We got real, real, real close there to start the season and just didn’t get it finished up,” Jones said on The Ticket. “He’s so laser-focused on wanting to win football games and compete that he really didn’t want the distraction once we didn’t get it done in that first week of going back and forth with the contract. We just got to move forward.”

It was alleged at one point that the Cowboys offered Dak a 10 year deal and he turned it down. I wonder if that was the "aggressive" part?

• 2 weeks later...