Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

I’ve said this for months! Non-Exclusive Franchise Tag him. Let him negotiate with another team. If he signs an offer sheet, we can match that deal or collect 2 1st Round Picks!!

Not a bad idea since most of the QB needy teams have a high draft pick.

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

I’ve said this for months! Non-Exclusive Franchise Tag him. Let him negotiate with another team. If he signs an offer sheet, we can match that deal or collect 2 1st Round Picks!!

This seems like a very bad idea.

Going from Romo (UDFA) to Dak (4th rounder) seems to have erased the history of struggle we had prior to that in finding a franchise QB.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Going from Romo (UDFA) to Dak (4th rounder) seems to have erased the history of struggle we had prior to that in finding a franchise QB.

Amen. We arent the Packers or Colts going from MVP to MVP, but how can people not remember the QB hell we were in for a bit 

14 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Completely overblown. We went 4 years from Aikman to Romo. So for the last 30 years we have gone 4 without a legitimate franchise QB. The game is also getting easier to play on offense which is why rookie QBs are setting records every year now. In no time in NFL history have young QBs come in and enjoyed the success they are now. QBs aren't as rare as they used to be.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001100535/article/cowboys-expected-to-franchise-tag-dak-prescott

Edited by DaBoys

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Completely overblown. We went 4 years from Aikman to Romo. So for the last 30 years we have gone 4 without a legitimate franchise QB. The game is also getting easier to play on offense which is why rookie QBs are setting records every year now. In no time in NFL history have young QBs come in and enjoyed the success they are now. QBs aren't as rare as they used to be.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001100535/article/cowboys-expected-to-franchise-tag-dak-prescott

I think it was 6. Aikman retired in 00 right?

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

We have now gone from RBs are a dime a dozen to QBs are. Incredible. This Earth 2 is a strange one. Where do I go back to the real timeline?

You might instead think about meds if you really believe you are living in a alternate timeline.

2 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

We have now gone from RBs are a dime a dozen to QBs are. Incredible. This Earth 2 is a strange one. Where do I go back to the real timeline?

4 rookies since 1950 have thrown for at least 300 yards and 5 TDs in a game and all of them did it in the last 10 year's.

Baker Mayfield broke Manning's rookie record. Guys like Gardner Minshew and Kyle Allen are coming in and holding their own just fine. 

Maybe not a dime a dozen but you have to at least admit that the game is easier for QBs than it was 25 years ago. Thus it's easier to find QBs.

You can't make a league more passer friendly without making it more friendly for the passers. It what it is.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

4 rookies since 1950 have thrown for at least 300 yards and 5 TDs in a game and all of them did it in the last 10 year's.

Baker Mayfield broke Manning's rookie record. Guys like Gardner Minshew and Kyle Allen are coming in and holding their own just fine. 

Maybe not a dime a dozen but you have to at least admit that the game is easier for QBs than it was 25 years ago. Thus it's easier to find QBs.

You can't make a league more passer friendly without making it more friendly for the passers. It what it is.

Let me pose it this way. Chargers offer two First Rounders for Dak. You say yes?