Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Let me pose it this way. Chargers offer two First Rounders for Dak. You say yes?

If I was able to sign a guy like Ryan Tannehill, or Tom Brady for 1/2 the cost of Dak while picking up two first rounders, I think I do that.

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Correct. Aikman retired after 2000. We went 2001, 2002, and 2003 without a future franchise QB on the roster. 

Yea but we didn't know he would be a franchise QB until you know he actually played. So I say 06 is when that drought ended.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

If I was able to sign a guy like Ryan Tannehill, or Tom Brady for 1/2 the cost of Dak while picking up two first rounders, I think I do that.

Tannehill has really only had this one good year. Just goes back to that whole "team game concept" that many want to conveniently forget.

15 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Completely overblown. We went 4 years from Aikman to Romo. So for the last 30 years we have gone 4 without a legitimate franchise QB. The game is also getting easier to play on offense which is why rookie QBs are setting records every year now. In no time in NFL history have young QBs come in and enjoyed the success they are now. QBs aren't as rare as they used to be.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001100535/article/cowboys-expected-to-franchise-tag-dak-prescott

It was from about 98 to 2006... Aikman was trash at the end of his career, his brain was scrambled. There was almost a decade of incompetent QB play. It was literally labeled the dark days. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Tannehill has really only had this one good year. Just goes back to that whole "team game concept" that many want to conveniently forget.

That gets forgot when someone wants to pay 1 player a huge % of the cap space.

And Dak really only has 2 good years

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

Its crazy to me that you all are down playing the hopeless feeling of going into your season with vinny, drew, quincy, chad, ryan, etc.

We knew there was a solid chance that 5 wins was our peak.

I think it drove many Cowboys fans to being alcoholics

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It was from about 98 to 2006... Aikman was trash at the end of his career, his brain was scrambled. There was almost a decade of incompetent QB play. It was literally labeled the dark days. 

We weren't actively looking for a QB in 97-98. You can say Aikman was trash at the end of his career but that's not really the debate. Dak has been trash 2 of his 4 years but we aren't actively searching for a QB. 

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

We weren't actively looking for a QB in 97-98. You can say Aikman was trash at the end of his career but that's not really the debate. Dak has been trash 2 of his 4 years but we aren't actively searching for a QB. 

Dak has been trash for like 10-16 games in 4 years. Knock 2017 for the ending, but before the Atlanta game he had like a 100 QB rating.

And no one will ever convince me he didnt get concussed. He had a 250# DE that ran directly into his head. The next year he admitted to still being shook by the hit. Brain injuries arent like knees; there isnt a time frame for getting right. Sometimes you arent right mentally for months. 

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Let me pose it this way. Chargers offer two First Rounders for Dak. You say yes?

Yes. If we could get the 7th pick this year plus a 1st next for sure and sign someone like Tannehill or Teddy for $25 million?

Dak at $34 million plus the 17th pick  or Tannehill/Teddy at $25 million plus the 7th, 17th and a pick next year?

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Its crazy to me that you all are down playing the hopeless feeling of going into your season with vinny, drew, quincy, chad, ryan, etc.

We knew there was a solid chance that 5 wins was our peak.

I think it drove many Cowboys fans to being alcoholics

This. 1000% this.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I think I've literally changed my mind like 50 times on if 2 first rounders and tanehill is enough for Dak. 

Finding QBs is really really hard. Passing league or not. 

I would think odds of finding a quality QB with 2 first rounders is pretty good though. Grant it, no guarantee but still.

Edited by HDsportsfan