Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

2 hours ago, Northland said:

If Dak is franchised does he have the option of holding out?

Of course he does, but when was the last time a QB held out? Being a captain and leader is part of the position.

He has been playing for 400k or some ****...

Doubt he holds out for 33.3M

Edited by DaBoys

19 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Of course he does, but when was the last time a QB held out. Being a captain and leader is part of the position.

He has been playing for 400k or some ****...

Doubt he holds out for 33.3M

Just for ****s and giggles what do the Cowboys do if they move to franchise Dak and he says no thanks start the season with Cooper Rush?  Personally I think they will get a deal done.

16 minutes ago, Northland said:

Just for ****s and giggles what do the Cowboys do if they move to franchise Dak and he says no thanks start the season with Cooper Rush?  Personally I think they will get a deal done.

They may sign a journeyman vet for leverage while they work through a deal. Kinda like the Cowboys drafting two RBs before they got Zeke's deal done. If he is tagged and the two sides can't get together you can bet money they will have a plan other than Cooper Rush.

49 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

They may sign a journeyman vet for leverage while they work through a deal. Kinda like the Cowboys drafting two RBs before they got Zeke's deal done. If he is tagged and the two sides can't get together you can bet money they will have a plan other than Cooper Rush.

That’s kind of an empty threat, though. Now, if we traded up in the 1st round for a QB? Real threat. But a journeyman? Depending on who it is, it likely won’t be viewed as anything other than bringing in a backup.

20 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Patrick Mahomes throws up close down throws too high.behind .interception..

Oh wait, he is the MVP..

Where are all the Daks the only quarterback to do that posters now

He’s played really poorly, that’s for sure. And, S.F.’s defensive front is legit, which you’d expect given how many first round picks are on it.

17 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

That’s kind of an empty threat, though. Now, if we traded up in the 1st round for a QB? Real threat. But a journeyman? Depending on who it is, it likely won’t be viewed as anything other than bringing in a backup.

Say they sign Rivers or Bridgewater while they negotiate

That gives them more leverage either way you slice it

I'm no fan of the Niners but on KC's big conversion there was a clear hold, hell almost a tackle on Bosa not called.  San Fran's possession a clear helmet to helmet shot  not called.   Regardless a very entertaining game.

Edited by Northland

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Did you just see Garoppolo have a chance for the game-winning touchdown and he overthrew him?? What a wanker.

I thought only Dak overthrew receivers

That was a perfectly thrown pass. The receiver didn't run fast enough!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Bridgewater would give us far more leverage than Rivers. Rivers is washed up. 

He was great the year before this one. A change of scenery, a league best OL, and a dominant run game could help. We have WRs. I certainly wouldn't be excited about our QB but I wouldn't be paying for a feature QB either. Just paying him to ride the offense and drive the bus. He isn't so washed up that he can't hit Cobb 10 yards over the middle and feed Zeke/Pollard