Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I love how the course of one year so radically changes the entire landscape.

Pre-season some balked at the idea of 25...35 seems ideal.

Hmmm... I wonder why

DAL

DAL

DAL

DAL

One of those things is not like the other

24 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Hmmm... I wonder why

DAL

DAL

DAL

DAL

One of those things is not like the other

Yeah, 2017 was awful. But even then, it was really just a terrible last 8 games.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah, 2017 was awful. But even then, it was really just a terrible last 8 games.

You keep saying that. It implies that outside of a HORRIBLE 8 game stretch he's been 2019 perfect. That's simply not true. Even during his GREAT rookie year, he had some stinkers. Even during his best in class 2019 year, he had some stinkers.

He had a terrible, and I mean Matts admits it terrible, ...8 game stretch.

Outside of that he has had some below average games and some above average games,

...and about ~10 Amazing, and I mean DaBoys admits it amazing, games.

Most of them coming in 2019. I say pay the man. I believe I have a thread about it somewhere featuring a crow being shot and plated.

10 hours ago, DaBoys said:

You keep saying that. It implies that outside of a HORRIBLE 8 game stretch he's been 2019 perfect. That's simply not true. Even during his GREAT rookie year, he had some stinkers. Even during his best in class 2019 year, he had some stinkers.

He had a terrible, and I mean Matts admits it terrible, ...8 game stretch.

Outside of that he has had some below average games and some above average games,

...and about ~10 Amazing, and I mean DaBoys admits it amazing, games.

Most of them coming in 2019. I say pay the man. I believe I have a thread about it somewhere featuring a crow being shot and plated.

Through the first 8 games he had

16:4 TD/INT + 4 more rushing TDs

100 Passer rating - AY/A of mid 7s

1800 yards (not great, but on pace for 3600, which is good)

So, pretty much top 5-10 across the board  the first 8 games of 2017

I point that out, to show how bad the last 8 games were

Edited by Matts4313

Assume we non-exclusive franchise tag Dak.    How realistic do you think it is that Indy would trade the following for him:

Round 1, Pick 13

Round 2, Pick 44  (2nd 2nd.   Reminds me of the lodge in Best of Times)

Round 6, Pick 189 (from Jets) 2nd 6th round pick.  

They have about $80mil in cap space,  1 year left on Brisset's contract( could dump him and save 9mil in cap).    Dak did throw for almost 5000 yds,  3 to 1 td to int, and is young and healthy.    If Sam Bradford can be traded twice, we should be able to get at least what the teams got for him.

I know.  Will never happen.

3 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Assume we non-exclusive franchise tag Dak.    How realistic do you think it is that Indy would trade the following for him:

Round 1, Pick 13

Round 2, Pick 44  (2nd 2nd.   Reminds me of the lodge in Best of Times)

Round 6, Pick 189 (from Jets) 2nd 6th round pick.  

They have about $80mil in cap space,  1 year left on Brisset's contract( could dump him and save 9mil in cap).    Dak did throw for almost 5000 yds,  3 to 1 td to int, and is young and healthy.    If Sam Bradford can be traded twice, we should be able to get at least what the teams got for him.

I know.  Will never happen.

Unlikely. First, because I don’t believe that Jerry would accept a 1st and a 2nd and two throw away picks. And second, because I highly doubt that Indy would give up all of the compensation in this year’s draft. I’d expect it to be spread out.

1 hour ago, Northland said:

30 points lost to missed field goals

Horrible special teams units

A defense that forced only 17 turnovers.

How people want to blame Dak and the offense for last year's debacle is beyond me.

I'm not blaming Dak for the record.   You're right D and ST had the lions share of failure.   I will say though, that Dak doesn't want to be paid as a top 10-15 qb.  He wants to be paid as a top 3+ qb.    That's fine, but top 3 qb's can carry their team to the playoffs with a mediocre to bad D.