Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

14 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Dak will be the one that caves. If he wants to bet on himself then make the extra details incentive based. Lead the team into a deep playoff run and he can get the money he wanted. I'm sure none of us would complain then. I know I wouldnt

It’s typically Stephen that caves. Guess you missed the D-Law and Zeke sagas

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Dak will be the one that caves. If he wants to bet on himself then make the extra details incentive based. Lead the team into a deep playoff run and he can get the money he wanted. I'm sure none of us would complain then. I know I wouldnt

Just like Zeke caved? And Tank caved? And Amari caved?

Or did they all get league leading contracts?

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Just like Zeke caved? And Tank caved? And Amari caved?

Or did they all get league leading contracts?

Zeke is a top 3 RB. Amari is an elite WR. Tank is a top LE in the league. Those contracts are warranted. Did Jaylon get a top extension or was he paid right where he should have been. Same with Collins extension hes a top RT in the league. When its warranted they should get signed to top money. Is Dak a top 5 QB to warrant said contract?? I think not

3 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Zeke is a top 3 RB. Amari is an elite WR. Tank is a top LE in the league. Those contracts are warranted. Did Jaylon get a top extension or was he paid right where he should have been. Same with Collins extension hes a top RT in the league. When its warranted they should get signed to top money. Is Dak a top 5 QB to warrant said contract?? I think not

You would be hard-pressed to make a serious list of Top WRs and Top QBs where Amari is ranked higher on the former list than Dak is on the latter. This is arguably because the overall skill level at WR is higher than QB right now, but that just ups the value of an above average QB due to scarcity.

I mean, why does Dak get so eviscerated for the second Philly game while whatever the flying **** was wrong with Amari the last two months gets a pass. Cooper is so, so much more replaceable

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

You would be hard-pressed to make a serious list of Top WRs and Top QBs where Amari is ranked higher on the former list than Dak is on the latter. This is arguably because the overall skill level at WR is higher than QB right now, but that just ups the value of an above average QB due to scarcity.

I mean, why does Dak get so eviscerated for the second Philly game while whatever the flying **** was wrong with Amari the last two months gets a pass. Cooper is so, so much more replaceable

Hes replaceable now only because of the Lamb pick and that's a stretch at that. Amari gets a pass because everyone and they momma knows what the Cowboys offense looks like without Amari and what it looks like with Amari. That game proves it. Are you telling me the franchise QB who elevates the entire team wasnt able to overcome not having his replaceable WR playing against a bunch of practice squad guys?? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Hes replaceable now only because of the Lamb pick and that's a stretch at that. Amari gets a pass because everyone and they momma knows what the Cowboys offense looks like without Amari and what it looks like with Amari. That game proves it. Are you telling me the franchise QB who elevates the entire team wasnt able to overcome not having his replaceable WR playing against a bunch of practice squad guys?? 

I'm telling you that Dak had a busted shoulder that day and deserves a mulligan, especially considering his predecessor's record in late season de facto playoff games.

Amari was also useless against the Slay/the Lions last year and we scored 35 points and Dak had 400+ yards

Edited by matt79511

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I'm telling you that Dak had a busted shoulder that day and deserves a mulligan, especially considering his predecessor's record in late season de facto playoff games.

Amari was also useless against the Slay/the Lions last year and we scored 35 points and Dak had 400+ yards

I believe that game Gallup was on fire. Dak was hurt but so was Amari. He was banged up all season 

20 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

My god. We will never see eye to eye on this. None of those players are as important as Dak. And you need to recalibrate your term. When you are a top ~15ish WR you arent elite. When you are a 5 sack DE...... 

Jaylon came to Jerry and said he wanted to take a discount. Collins also took a discount.

Dak is a top 10 QB. Pushing near top 5. Thats a helluva lot more important than a top 3 RB. 

18 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

NFLs WORST RATED RECEIVING GROUP => It wasnt just Amari. It was *TERRIBLE* receivers and a terrible OL and Dak still shook. 

13 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

I believe that game Gallup was on fire. Dak was hurt but so was Amari. He was banged up all season 

Gallup could replace Amari and the team would do better than Dalton replacing Dak. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

My god. We will never see eye to eye on this. None of those players are as important as Dak. And you need to recalibrate your term. When you are a top ~15ish WR you arent elite. When you are a 5 sack DE...... 

Jaylon came to Jerry and said he wanted to take a discount. Collins also took a discount.

Dak is a top 10 QB. Pushing near top 5. Thats a helluva lot more important than a top 3 RB. 

Name me the other top 15 WRs over Amari. I'll wait, i dont mind. Take Zeke away and watch what happens to Dak. Take Amari away and watch what happens to Dak. I can just as easily argue that they're more important to Daks success than vice versa. If you're the opposing team would you double DLaw or Robert Quinn?? 

17 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

I love Gallup, I think he's a stud. I've thought this since before we drafted him, not to toot my own horn since it was Cowboys Twitter that alerted me to him.

With that being said, let's say he'd posted 1100 yards as a second-year WR picked in the third round for the Packers, Saints, or Patriots. Don't you think the consensus spin on him would be "wow, look at what Brady/Brees/Rodgers can do without elite, highly-drafted talent, that's why they're Hall of Famers"

There is no 100% objective way to measure QBs, we wouldn't be having these arguments if there were. The subjective nature begets biases and I think it's important to check yourself when you're implying that Dak Prescott would not be what he is without Michael Gallup

Edited by matt79511
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I love Gallup, I think he's a stud. I've thought this since before we drafted him, not to toot my own horn since it was Cowboys Twitter that alerted me to him.

With that being said, let's say he'd posted 1100 yards as a second-year WR picked in the third round for the Packers, Saints, or Patriots. Don't you think the consensus spin on him would be "wow, look at what Brady/Brees/Rodgers can do without elite, highly-drafted talent, that's why they're Hall of Famers"

There is no 100% objective way to measure QBs, we wouldn't be having these arguments if there were. The subjective nature begets biases and I think it's important to check yourself when you're implying that Dak Prescott would not be what he is without Michael Gallup

I never implied Dak wouldnt be Dak without Gallup. I said Dak woukdnt be Dak without Amari. No one can convince me otherwise. We've all seen it when the team let go of Dez and had no true #1

3 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

I never implied Dak wouldnt be Dak without Gallup. I said Dak woukdnt be Dak without Amari. No one can convince me otherwise. We've all seen it when the team let go of Dez and had no true #1

Dak went 3-0 without Dez in 2016 fwiw. Torched the Niners, Bengals, and Packers (our only win in Lambeau in god knows how long)

Also went 10-6 and won a playoff game without Frederick but you still have people implying that he turns into a pumpkin without an elite offensive line

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

NFLs WORST RATED RECEIVING GROUP => It wasnt just Amari. It was *TERRIBLE* receivers and a terrible OL and Dak still shook. 

Gallup could replace Amari and the team would do better than Dalton replacing Dak. 

You're bunching every WR together though. I'm talking about Amari. What does Amari rank out of every WR in the league?? I beg to differ on Gallup. We agree to disagree on Gallup

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

That looks like its on Dak not the FO. They met his number just not the years. He should meet them half way and stop being a selfish pr***.

That goes both ways....maybe the FO should stop being stubborn pricks and just give him 4 years.

Edited by WizardHawk