Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

12 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Not to mention the Packers eliminated us from the playoffs eventually that year, so they got revenge 

You realize he probably didn’t know that since he implied that game got McCarthy and co. fired... two years later

DAL convincingly beats GB on the road: they were imploding

DAL loses to GB at home on a last-second FG: see Dak can’t beat good teams

Edited by matt79511
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Well, Wentz made the lplayoffs for the first time in his career. So improvement. 

Rams lost out because the 9ers went beserk.

Raiders blew up their team and got a new coach

Washington didnt pay their QB and became terrible once he left

San Fran made the superbowl

Seahawks made the playoffs every game

Vikings made the playoffs

Saints have been to multiple NFC Champ games and a superbowl

Pats to multiple superbowls

Both Mannings to multiple supperbowls

Packers to multiple champ games and a superbowl

Steelers to multiple superbowls

Hell the cards went to a superbowl last time they paid a QB

Redskins didn’t pay Cousins and were terrible after he left? Weren’t they like 7-1 with Discount QB Alex Smith Before he broke his leg?

And you think paying Cousins got the Vikings to the playoffs, but weren’t they there the year before with discount QB Case Keenum?

Rams are losing players left and right, Todd Gurley, N. Suh, Brandon Cooks, Nickell Robey Coleman, Dante Fowler Jr. all gone. Add to the fact that they just weren’t that good last year. It wasn’t just 49ers that stopped them. I was at the damn Rams /Cowboys game last year. They sucked. OTC reports them at -$5M in cap space and dead last in the league.

You admit the Raiders went to trash after Carr got MVP votes and a big pay day. That’s a step. 

San Francisco made the Super Bowl riding the DLine, but guess who they couldn’t pay this offseason? I wonder why...

Seahawks made the right decision to pay the QB. I admit that. That’s a step.

The Patriots should be included in with teams that won with discount QBs.

Packers were right to pay ARod, and everyone was right to pay Peyton Manning and Drew Brees

idk what to think about Eli. Somehow they were able to build a great team on defense even with his contract.

Steelers were right to pay Big Ben, and cardinals probably made the right call on Palmer. 

so Rodgers, Wilson, Big Ben, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and Carson Palmer we’re worth it I guess. All of them except Wilson and Brees were blue chips and at or near 1st overall picks. 

Cousins, Carr, Goff, and Wentz have proven to be mistakes so far. 

Is Dak more of a Cousins, Wentz, Carr, Goff?

or is he more of a Brees, Peyton, Rodgers, Big Ben?

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

You realize he probably didn’t know that since he implied that game got McCarthy and co. fired... two years later

Putting words in my mouth like Matts did?? Where did I imply McCarthy got fired because of that game?? I said they were imploding and the writing was on the wall. Just as the writing is on the wall for Aaron Rodgers. Nice try though

2 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Putting words in my mouth like Matts did?? Where did I imply McCarthy got fired because of that game?? I said they were imploding and the writing was on the wall. Just as the writing is on the wall for Aaron Rodgers. Nice try though

They imploded all the way to the NFCCG that year. Writing was on the wall? What writing? What does that even mean? Is this ancient Egypt? Persia? Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets?

How can you handwave a win at Lambeau? Our only win against the Packers in over a decade. Your writing is the wall I'm talking to right now

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Redskins didn’t pay Cousins and were terrible after he left? Weren’t they like 7-1 with Discount QB Alex Smith Before he broke his leg?

"discount" Alex Smith was still one of the bigger QB contracts..... so.. wrong.

And you think paying Cousins got the Vikings to the playoffs, but weren’t they there the year before with discount QB Case Keenum?

And got beat by like 40 points. The won this year. 

Rams are losing players left and right, Todd Gurley, N. Suh, Brandon Cooks, Nickell Robey Coleman, Dante Fowler Jr. all gone. Add to the fact that they just weren’t that good last year. It wasn’t just 49ers that stopped them. I was at the damn Rams /Cowboys game last year. They sucked. OTC reports them at -$5M in cap space and dead last in the league.

This is very selective. Gurley sucked. Suh's contract was over, right? Cooks was traded and they came out ahead. Dont care about the rest of them.

You admit the Raiders went to trash after Carr got MVP votes and a big pay day. That’s a step. 

So. 1 team proves your point? Out of like 10?

San Francisco made the Super Bowl riding the DLine, but guess who they couldn’t pay this offseason? I wonder why...

Wait a minute homie. You told me that teams that pay their QBs cant make the superbowl? Or have talent elsewhere? 

Weird blank space, T swift

6 minutes ago, matt79511 said:
12 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

They imploded all the way to the NFCCG that year. Writing was on the wall? What writing? What does that even mean? Is this ancient Egypt? Persia? Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets?

How can you handwave a win at Lambeau? Our only win against the Packers in over a decade. Your writing is the wall I'm talking to right now

Buddy isnt looking for facts this morning.  He wants arguments. 

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

It's called a form of expression. But I wouldn't put it across you to not know what it means. A simple google search would suffice. 

So you would rather talk mightily about a regular season win at Lambeau but coincidentally you left out the part that Dak couldnt get the job done at HOME against that same team?? 

The Packers that playoffs beat the Giants and the Cowboys and got their ***** handed to them by Atlanta. Rodgers and McCarthy didnt like one another. It's been told Rodgers would change his play calls. The FO wouldnt spend any money on free agents. McCarthy was hamstrung. They wanted him gone plain and simple. 

33 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Packers needed 6 straight wins just to make the wildcard. If it wasnt for Rodgers heroics they miss the playoffs. They were imploding dude. Into the following season and the next. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

opinions based on facts

What facts bruh?? Stats?? Anyone can manipulate stats. I'll give you a stat right now Marino never won a SB does that mean hes a worse QB than Eli Manning?? I mean that's a stat based on fact right? Marino has zero while Eli has what two!

The facts are he isnt on the level of the top tier QBs but yet many of you are ok with paying top dollar. You pay someone what they're worth not what the supposed market says. 

18 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

So you would rather talk mightily about a regular season win at Lambeau but coincidentally you left out the part that Dak couldnt get the job done at HOME against that same team?? 

I'd rather point out that he played better in the divisional round loss than the regular season win and that W-L is not the end all be all.

13 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Packers needed 6 straight wins just to make the wildcard. If it wasnt for Rodgers heroics they miss the playoffs. They were imploding dude. Into the following season and the next. 

Look I see what you're saying but it's still mounted in a fallacious premise. When Dak wins, it's because the competition sucked and/or he has so much talent around him. When he loses, it's because he didn't get the job done. No? Or were the Week 19 Packers a demonstrably better team than the Week 8 Packers? Because implying that is epically fetishizing small samples.

I mean, god, GB at home is one of the safest bets in sports. Easy money. And they won their division fwiw. If they're as dismissible as the Giants and Redskins to you then you have a clear agenda

And let's not forget Garrett sabotaging the end of that playoff game, either and letting Rodgers get the ball back with two timeouts. It's kind of nuts that Dak is 40-24 with that clown at HC for as allegedly pedestrian a QB he is

Edited by matt79511

6 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I'd rather point out that he played better in the divisional round loss than the regular season win and that W-L is not the end all be all.

Look I see what you're saying but it's still mounted in a fallacious premise. When Dak wins, it's because the competition sucked and/or he has so much talent around him. When he loses, it's because he didn't get the job done. No? Or were the Week 19 Packers a demonstrably better team than the Week 8 Packers? Because implying that is epically fetishizing small samples.

I mean, god, GB at home is one of the safest bets in sports. Easy money. And they won their division fwiw. If they're as dismissible as the Giants and Redskins to you then you have a clear agenda

And let's not forget Garrett sabotaging the end of that playoff game, either and letting Rodgers get the ball back with two timeouts. It's kind of nuts that Dak is 40-24 with that clown at HC for as allegedly pedestrian a QB he is

Win loss record is not the end all be all but at the end of your post you are quoting Daks win loss record?? Dalton has an equally good start to his career as well in terms of win loss record and he also had a horrible head coach in Marvin Lewis. 

And most definitely a week 19 team is better than a week 8 team. Just look at GBs record to start that year and look how they ended. Teams get better throughout the season, then there are teams that get worse. 

When the Cowboys win the TEAM wins. Nobody can singlehandidly beat a team unless your name is Aaron Rodgers and you're playing the Cowboys. 

11 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

What facts bruh?? Stats?? Anyone can manipulate stats. I'll give you a stat right now Marino never won a SB does that mean hes a worse QB than Eli Manning?? I mean that's a stat based on fact right? Marino has zero while Eli has what two!

What, do you just make every decision in your life based on sheer emotion?

19 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

The facts are he isnt on the level of the top tier QBs

That is literally not a fact. Your grasp of the difference between fact and opinion seems tenuous.

5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

What, do you just make every decision in your life based on sheer emotion?

That is literally not a fact. Your grasp of the difference between fact and opinion seems tenuous.

So it's based on emotion now that I through out a stat based fact?? How convenient again. 

Are you trying to argue that Dak is an elite QB and in the same ranks as Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes and Wilson?? I mean since you said it's not a fact then that must imply that you think he is an elite QB

4 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Win loss record is not the end all be all but at the end of your post you are quoting Daks win loss record?? Dalton has an equally good start to his career as well in terms of win loss record and he also had a horrible head coach in Marvin Lewis. 

The Bengals just collapsed to 2-14 without Lewis. The man had run his course there and they probably should've moved on a long time ago, but he resuscitated that franchise from a Browns-esque run. I would say he's a better, more accomplished/impressive coach than Garrett despite 0 playoff wins. The Cowboys and Bengals should not be so comparable when you consider their material assets.

4 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

And most definitely a week 19 team is better than a week 8 team. Just look at GBs record to start that year and look how they ended. Teams get better throughout the season, then there are teams that get worse.

This is just close game/small sample fetishization though. NFL seasons are so short, your record doesn't ever tell the whole story. With that said, calling a team that finished 8-1 and made the conference title game "imploding" is ridiculous on its face. They were roughly the same quality of team over the course of the year. Running on fumes a bit, maybe. A straight up bad team, absolutely not.

14 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

When the Cowboys win the TEAM wins. Nobody can singlehandidly beat a team unless your name is Aaron Rodgers and you're playing the Cowboys. 

Probably not fair to hold this game against Dak, then. Guy went toe-to-toe with our kryptonite and gave us every chance to win but for his ***** coach calling a first down spike with the GB defense on their heels

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

The Bengals just collapsed to 2-14 without Lewis. The man had run his course there and they probably should've moved on a long time ago, but he resuscitated that franchise from a Browns-esque run. I would say he's a better, more accomplished/impressive coach than Garrett despite 0 playoff wins. The Cowboys and Bengals should not be so comparable when you consider their material assets.

This is just close game/small sample fetishization though. NFL seasons are so short, your record doesn't ever tell the whole story. With that said, calling a team that finished 8-1 and made the conference title game "imploding" is ridiculous on its face. They were roughly the same quality of team over the course of the year. Running on fumes a bit, maybe. A straight up bad team, absolutely not.

Probably not fair to hold this game against Dak, then. Guy went toe-to-toe with our kryptonite and gave us every chance to win but for his ***** coach calling a first down spike with the GB defense on their heels

Material assets as in?? Daltons start to his career in terms of win loss record is on par with Daks. Hell maybe even a game or two better. Both had horrible coaches. But both had talent around them on offense. They're more comparable than you think. 

They finished 8-1 because of Rodgers or do you not remember his ridiculous close out to that season throwing hail Mary's and carrying the team on his back down the stretch. He willed them to victory.