Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

39 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

His efficiency stats are good, his volume stats are ordinary. Notice that it says 20+ TDs, not 20+ passing TDs. So they are counting Dak's rushing TDs, which is fine but he probably could have just handed off to the RB for most of those. 

Its been proven time and time..... and time again that bulk stats do not matter jack crap. You are actually less likely to win a game when you throw for over 300 yards.

Now, obviously big plays, including TDs, have direct connection to efficiency stats (ANY/A, Passer rating). But luckily Dak has 85 TDs over his first 3 years. Which IIRC is top 10. ALL TIME

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

His efficiency stats are good, his volume stats are ordinary. Notice that it says 20+ TDs, not 20+ passing TDs. So they are counting Dak's rushing TDs, which is fine but he probably could have just handed off to the RB for most of those. 

He does have 20+ passing TDs in all three years. Not that 22.3/yr is scaring anyone in this day and age.

Dak is kind of confounding in that his ANY/A (the QB stat most correlated to team success) is Top 15 all time but below average each of the last two years. How much of a fluke was his rookie season? We should find out soon enough.

On 8/30/2019 at 10:30 AM, Matts4313 said:

I freely admit that he does benefit with the time he joined the NFL is more pass friendly. Romo also started in this era, but he sat his first couple years.

The thing is, all his numbers are better than his contemporaries also. The only argument against Dak is "Eye Test" (IE - the non facts test).

Anyone who actually thinks Daks sucks is a dumbarse. 

Agreed.  He is not my favorite QB to wear the star, but the dude wins games and his dedication to the game cannot be questioned.  Is he perfect, nope...but then again some of the best QBs (eye test wise) either never won anything or it took them YEARS. Just silly how people act. 

• Like 3

On 30/08/2019 at 1:59 PM, resilient part 2 said:

I could care less about less about stats, especially volume stats, so long as he makes the plays necessary to lead/win Dallas games. Just like Aikman, same for Dak. just get er dun.

That's the bottom line right winning games?  I dont care if its pretty.  As Al Davis used to say just win baby.  

On 8/16/2019 at 1:53 AM, Matts4313 said:

Definitive Guide to Defending Dak to the Haters

Step 1 - Show that he is pretty good:

Daks league-wide rankings in 2016-18, 32 games played minimum

• 8th in passer rating

• 11th in ANY/A

• 6th in CMP%

• 5th in INTs

• 7th in combined TDs

• 2nd in wins

• 1st in GWD

PFR

Step 2 - Refute "the best supporting cast ever" argument:

1. Starting Falcons '17 through 2018 the pressure rate on Dak DOUBLED

2. F.O. ranked us the #28 worst pass blocking OL in 2018

3. PFF ranked us #22 pass blocking OL in 2018, but the 27th worst at giving up sacks/pressures

4. NFL.com rated our WR's DEAD LAST at getting open in 2018, excluding Amari Cooper

5. Zeke was #22 in facing a stacked box (25% of the time). The notion that "Dak has it easy because defenses focus on Zeke" is verifiable false.

Step 3 - Show how the above affected him:

Source 1

Source 2

Step 4 - If they bring up Romo:

Prescott’s stats 2016-18: 96 passer rating, 66.1% completion percentage, 67 passing touchdowns, 7.52 adjusted yards per attempt

Tony Romo’s stats 2010-12: 95.7 passer rating, 66.4% completion percentage, 70 passing touchdowns, 7.57 adjusted yards per attempt

Source

Step 5 - Accolades:

• Rookie of the Year (2016)

• 32-16 regular season record

• 1-2 playoff record

• Been to Divisional Round twice

• 2 NFC East titles

• 2-Time Pro Bowler

• First player in NFL history with 20+ passing TDs & 5+ rushing TDs in each of his first 3 seasons

• 7th most wins all time for a 3rd year QB

• 5th most TDs all time for a 3rd year QB

• Highest passer rating when tied in the 4th/overtime in the past 25 years

• Most game winning drives since entering the league on the 8th fewest opportunities

Step 6 - the Meme:

Explain that you know he isnt worth $40m/yr. Thats not the point. The point is that he is a franchise QB and deserves a contract that pays him as such.

Need to update this with the latest stats. Like all the clutch 4th Quarter stuff. 

Im too lazy. Someone else do it. :D

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

If you guys aren't sold on him as the guy for the future come end of the season, you can franchise him for a year, and draft a replacement.

It doesnt matter if we believe hes the guy or not. The FO believes he is their guy. Hes going to get laid whether we like it or not. But why risk it and have that pricetag keep going up?

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Why does anyone think this?

We are sold on him. That has been said ad nauseum. 

I mean sure, if you're sold on someone who's basically Alex Smith then I don't see anything wrong with that. Hell I see a lot in common with your team and the 9ers team that went to the Super Bowl, aside from them running a 3-4. 

Right now, there's really no reason to believe Dak is anything more than Alex Smith.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I mean sure, if you're sold on someone who's basically Alex Smith then I don't see anything wrong with that. Hell I see a lot in common with your team and the 9ers team that went to the Super Bowl, aside from them running a 3-4. 

Right now, there's really no reason to believe Dak is anything more than Alex Smith.

Pot calling the kettle black seeing as you all are happy with Sam Bradford. 

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Didnt Alex Smith just go 13-3 with the Chiefs before they replaced him with Mahomes?? For the system Dallas is running Dak fits perfectly. Hes not asked to throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs every game. That's not his style. What they do ask him to do he does it. So why wouldnt any team sign a QB who does what they ask of him? It's not rocket science

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

Alex Smith 1st 3 yrs

19TDs   31INTs  (Got better with time)

Daks 1st 3yrs

67Tds  25Ints ( Still advancing his game)

This doesn't add up. Don't compare the 2