Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Which, to me, is surprising if that’s the case. Everything they’ve done says to me they like Dak and want him here. 

I feel the same.  All indications are they feel Dak is the future at QB.  Who knows what is going on behind closed doors?  I'm glad I'm not a GM.  You have to massage numbers and egos.  I don't know which one is more difficult.

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Which is why I don’t believe they have confidence in him long term. We could’ve gotten this deal done a year ago and chose to wait.

Possibly. Or Dak bet on himself and won big time. Obviously risky, but probably netted himself another $40m+ in guarantees. 

Edited by WizardHawk

48 minutes ago, Northland said:

I feel the same.  All indications are they feel Dak is the future at QB.  Who knows what is going on behind closed doors?  I'm glad I'm not a GM.  You have to massage numbers and egos.  I don't know which one is more difficult.

Honestly, I'd almost have to say ego lol.

35 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Possibly. Or Dak bet on himself and won big time. Obviously risky, but probably netted himself another $40m+ in guarantees. 

It’s a tough call because the win-loss record didn’t reflect success, and most of the stats were “empty calories”; coming late in games in losses, so it’s very hard to determine how much he’s really worth. I have a very hard time believing that a guy is worth top 3 QB money when he fails to show up for 3/4 of games against teams with winning records. It’s almost as laughable as arguing that Jameis Winston is worth top money because he led the league in passing.

Edited by plan9misfit

11 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

It’s a tough call because the win-loss record didn’t reflect success, and most of the stats were “empty calories”; coming late in games in losses, so it’s very hard to determine how much he’s really worth. I have a very hard time believing that a guy is worth top 3 QB money when he fails to show up for 3/4 of games against teams with winning records. It’s almost as laughable as arguing that Jameis Winston is worth top money because he led the league in passing.

To be fair, the same thing happened with Romo. He turned on cheat codes and god mode once we were down a couple scores.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

Honestly, I'd almost have to say ego lol.

The numbers are the numbers.  You know what you can spend.  However there's a domino effect.  If i want to pay player X more, I have to find it somewhere.  I don't think you can allow things to become personal with a player.  You have to have a ruthless side. 

59 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

To be fair, the same thing happened with Romo. He turned on cheat codes and god mode once we were down a couple scores.

Not that there’s anything to be gained from comparing the two of them, but it’s fairly safe to say none of the 2011, ‘12, or ‘13 Cowboys had the overall roster talent of 2019, no?

On 2/16/2020 at 6:31 AM, Matts4313 said:

Which is why it’s hard to determine how much of the struggle was on the QB or the numbskull for a coach, considering Garrett was there for both.

6 hours ago, TVScout said:

For sure.

Oh, there’s no doubt that Redball has culpability here, but the lack of accuracy throwing the ball by our QB didn’t help. He’s still late on throws, doesn’t throw his receivers open, and places the ball in areas where YAC becomes nearly impossible.

14 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Oh, there’s no doubt that Redball has culpability here, but the lack of accuracy throwing the ball by our QB didn’t help. He’s still late on throws, doesn’t throw his receivers open, and places the ball in areas where YAC becomes nearly impossible.

Miss st has never been known for having elite coaches.

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

...................level of talent

Talent isn't the issue. Failure to provide basic coaching in college is. It never ceases to amaze how many QBs have such bad mechanics and so little understanding about ball placement.